CLOSED: September Birthday Thread

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
LK: How special to get to celebrate her 13th birthday with her! That's really cool :)
Today, I got to play board games with some friends after church, and then finally got to begin replanting my freesia bulbs. Noticed that some of them have started sprouting already, so I figured I better get them done. Got the larger ones replanted, but still need to replant the smaller ones. All in all, a very nice day :)
Have a great Monday, everyone!
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds like you had a good time!

Hi, all.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that my friends brought cookies with them :) Made for a tasty mid-afternoon snack!
Warmed back up again this afternoon, but is quite cool mornings and evenings now. Definitely feels like fall weather. And my friends said the leaves on the trees in our yard have started changing colors.
And, at the Blind Center, we're transitioning our garden from summer to fall/winter crops.
Hope you all have an enjoyable week!
Michelle

Waving hello to everyone...
Hope your week is going well :)
Michelle

Good morning!
Doing pretty good here, weather is cooling down. Only about mid 90's during the afternoon, and it gets down to low 70's at night!

Hi, all.
Wow, that's still pretty hot :) Much cooler here, especially at night.
Did I tell you that some of my paperwhites have leaves up? I looked back at my notes and discovered that they started growing about this time last year, too. The fun thing is that they started growing at different times, so they naturally extended their bloom season. Last season, I got to enjoy their blooms from the end of October to some time in February. Looking forward to seeing what they do this year. I love their fragrance. I moved some of the bulbs that were right at the edge of the container to an area in the middle so they'd have more room. Not sure how many of these will bloom this year, though.
Have a great Thursday, everyone!
Michelle

Blackshear, GA

Good morning Michelle and everyone else!!

Morning everyone! Just a few more days and October will be here!

Don't forget that GardenQuail / Michelle's Birthday is October 28. Get those cards ready to mail out!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I know you're gonna read this, Neener, so there's no use for me to say 'skip it'.

Neener's Birthday is October 9th! Those of us who have been here a long time know how judiciously she kept our group going for several years, despite many speed bumps. I doubt we would be a group anymore if she hadn't been the glue that held us together. And who among us can forget receiving her beautiful handmade cards? Even though she's not sending them now, I think it's only fair for each of us to remember her special day.

Great idea, and I agree 100%. I will add her to the list when I start the thread for October.

Hi, all.
Great idea, Fruity! Neener's special day is October 9 for anyone who would like to send her a card :)
Have a great Friday, everyone... The weekend is just around the corner!
Michelle

Thanks, LK :)
Michelle

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1281952/

Here is the link for October Birthday thread, click the link, then click on watch, so it will show up for you!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

:P. you guys... Love you all..

We love you too Neener! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Hi, all.
Hi, Neener! Good to know you're still following us :)
I'll keep this thread open through the end of the weekend, but do be sure you also follow LK's link (above) so you're ready to join us there come October :)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Michelle

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 11:44 PM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the great job you did this month, Michelle!

Glad I could help :)
Closing this thread now, so if you haven't already joined us at the above link for the October thread (a few posts up), be sure to follow us on over!
Michelle

Thanks for being a great host!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.