ANYONE INTERESTED IN ANOTHER CENTRAL FL. RU?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Had such a good time last year I'm ready to host another at my place. Thinking of Oct. 20. Any interst please respond here and if so then I'll post on RU forum.
Bonnie

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Under "normal" circumstances I'd come down but, I'll be out of town for 3 weeks in Oct so this will not work for me.

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

I would love to participate, but I can only promise a strong "maybe" at this point.

Norma

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Good Idea Bonnie. Some new folks are popping up on DG Florida and several are in Orlando area. If they only knew how much fun they could be having....

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Take it to the top

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Pardon my ignorance. What's a RU?

What time? I already have a morning commitment...

Candace

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Many people get tog. and swap plants. We also bring a dish to pass. Door prizes and we all learn a lot from each other. Last Oct. 2011 had a great crowd at my place and really enjoyed it.
Once you attend one you will be hooked.
Usually they start around 10AM but folks come when they can. It usually winds up about 4PM.
If you can't get there at start up you come when you can.
Hope we end of having one they are so fun.
Bonnie

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I would come but would not have many plants
Spring would be much better for me.
I should have A LOT of plants come about May
Which reminds me I better get the seeds started, have over a 100 different kinds of seeds to grow-did some one get carried away buying seeds or what??? LOL
Sandy

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

I would love to come but need as much advanced notice as possible. I have A LOT of plants!
Got any idea what month yet? What town?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Don't get too excited Cyber. The rate my health problems are going I may not be able to host one which makes me really sad.

Wren,
You are our official seed starter. Don't know anyone who put in as many seeds as you and you get such good results I consider you an expert.

Bonnie

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

Bonnie, maybe you should hold off for a while and get some rest. We want you to be able to get your pond(s) finished!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Norma,
Ponds have been finished for a while and all fish seem happy in both. Did you see little pond house Charlie built over waterfall on my old thread entitled pond in progress. He also finished walkway down side of pond yesterday.
I potted up a passion vine for you and some cats ate it clean but it is coming back so if I ever get up your way I will still bring it to you. Plus some water plants for your pond.
Bonnie

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

If I can find them I'll add them here as well as in water garden forum. Still looking for nautical stuff to decorate it with.
Bonnie

Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens

Bonnie thanks, as soon as I see the doctor about my knee tomorrow, I will start some seeds. I have a lot of butterfly plants and some very unusual stuff
Old knee is hurting bad.
It looks like I would not make it in Oct. either. Linda and Brandy travel with me so they would probable not be there either.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi All -

I would be interested in driving up whenever you have one. Would love to just come up and meet everyone :)

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

FLbunnie- I'm just below you. What exit off I-75 would you be closest to? That is the only way I know directions. I really would like to go to the meet also. There are a few DG'ers down here- carpooling might be an option.

We are hoping to move to central FL when and if we sell this property. I would love to meet y'all in person. I already know MollyMc and if you guys are anything like her, I am very excited! She's a fantastic human being.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2012 9:54 AM

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

All things considered guess I won't be hosting RU. Hopefuly someone else will.
Bonnie

Bonnie I can wait until spring/early summer. I need things done to my knee.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Bonnie, Sorry to hear about you health issues.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Bonnie - I hope you get to feeling better! I had bouts of health problems in my 20's and 30's and know what it is like to not feel well for a long time.

Cyber - I'm at exit 143. Would definately think about carpooling!

Like I said, I would just like to meet everyone!

We will have one. Look on the bright side, if we wait until spring we will all have a lots more plants.
Brandy and Bonnie will be well by then and hopefully my knee will be better.

Sandy

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Sandy I agree.
Bonnie

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

FlBunnie, I'm way back at exit 80 but assume I pass your exit! Are you near outdoor world?

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Cyber - I'm a few exit's north of that.

Jacksonville, FL

Quote from BonnieGardens :
Had such a good time last year I'm ready to host another at my place. Thinking of Oct. 20. Any interst please respond here and if so then I'll post on RU forum.
Bonnie

Whats the closest major city to most here? It will give us an idea of where we all are?

I'm close to Jacksonville.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013 8:22 AM

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hydro check you D-mail please.

David I'm counting on you coming and bringing your gardening friends. We have plenty of space so ya'll come.

Bonnie

hydrocharged what side of Jacksonville do you live in, It looks like I will have one empty seat in my car.

Sandy

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013 8:23 AM

hydrocharged is the person who posted before you did earlier.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013 8:24 AM

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey David,
If you think we are confusing here wait until you meet us in person. I'm a firm believer a day without a good laugh is a wasted day. Now thats just me. Can't speak for others. Keep on chuckling its good for you.
Bonnie

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I will be there Bonnie!
I like that "ACAAS! (A Chuckle And A Sigh)" I will be using that often! ACAAS

Jacksonville, FL

Quote from wren107 :
hydrocharged what side of Jacksonville do you live in, It looks like I will have one empty seat in my car.

Sandy

Thanks wren,thats sweet of you.But we will drive there hubby is disabled so we may have to leave early if he gets to feeelign bad.

When is the date ,somehow I missed it?

Jacksonville, FL

Quote from DavidofDeLand :
Paint me a fool. I read all and reread,... and was looking for my D-mail Bonnie! (" What does she mean? What does Hydro check mean?")... truly LOL!

LOL just a user name,we are just starting to try hydroponis,so thought the name fits.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hydro,
April 13. Tell hubby I guarantee him a comfortable recliner under a shade tree. And if its too hot there is another recliner in the house right in front of a TV. Anything needed for comfort we have is at his disposal.

Good for you trying hydroponics. There are several places around here that grow that way. A strawberry place up on 27 sells them U pick every year and I haven't made it there yet and its a whole 10 miles from me. I think its in someones backyard. I love strawberries and blueberries.

Looking forward to meeting you both. I usually have valet parking and also help for everyone loading and unloading plants.
Who says we ain't got cooth out here in the boonies. LOL

Hey, just thought of a job for David????
Bonnie

Brandy and I both ordered some seeds that we are going to start. She ordered pepper seeds and I get the tomatoes-including a blue one. LOL

Sandy

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013 8:24 AM

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm bringing 2 kinds of Amaranth and a variety of what ever else I can plant or root.
I am looking for Brugs, Daturas and ever blooming plants for the more warm climates. I will contact Dale the Gardner.
I want Dale to follow me home and set up an auto drip/mist system. Want him to put an IV port in it so I can "lace" the water. *grin*
My deck is shaping up.
I am looking forward to going.
I hope Jeremy is coming and DAnn from Jupiter.
Will encourage all of the above.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks Sugarweed for talking it up. Last time we had a good crowd and I think we may have more this time.

Got a brug and datura I think. If not when Datura makes large seed ball I can send you some. I don't give them much attention but they survive.

I'm praying for good weather!!

Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.