August to Winter Blooms

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Blooming right now. Feel free to add yours.
Look Here Mary
Unidentified Flying Object - rebloom
Legend Of The Fall - WOW! rebloom
Heavenly Angel Ice - rebloom

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

On And On - everbloomer
Big Snowbird
Stella's Sparky - rebloom
Classic Rose - new plant - rebloom

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bridgeton Ivy League
Bryan Cook Memorial - LFO
Apricot Sparkles - everbloomer
Boundless Beauty - rebloom

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Another shot of Heavenly Angel Ice
Crimson Pirate - winding down from bud building
Rosy Returns - everbloomer
Black Eyed Stella - rebloom

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Star Lane - winding down
Endless Heart - rebloom
Lime Frost - rebloom
Genesta

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Ah Youth - new plant
August Flame
Smoky Mountain Autumn
Nature Boy - Middle pic - everbloomer

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Joan Senior - winding down
Paper Butterfly - rebloom

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow Mike, you have a lot of nice rebloom!!! Wish I got some here.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice, Mike! They're all looking good.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy and Karen, they have been pampered here. Found one rebloom scape on Yellow Lollipop this morning. Buddy Hudson which was planted in spring of 2011 is currently sending up it's first scape for a "mid" season bloomer. Hope it is the right plant. Time will tell.
Heavenly Angel Ice - dbl
Rosy Returns - clump
Stella's Sparky - triplets
Black Eyed Stella - triplets

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

My Rosy Returns will be blooming again soon. Found about 3 more scapes growing.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Mike, maybe Buddy Hudson bloomed once before you got it, and now it's reblooming for you. Did you get it from somewhere down south where their midseason is much earlier than ours?

I really like that Heavenly Angel Ice and have been wanting to add it to my collection.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen I got B/H August 2011 from Flowersrthebest in Dexter, ME. I must say that all the other plants I got from her that bloomed, bloomed true to name.
Hearts And flowers
Zuni Thunderbird
America The Beautiful
Tranquil Waters
Waiting on B/H, Dil-Robin Nichols and Mal.
ATB

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I did choose (from a long list) Annabelle's Blush as a gift plant from her. Sweet lady to work with.
A/B

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, those are pretty Mike! You got some good ones. I'm especially fond of that ZUNI THUNDERBIRD.

I was looking through the listings of Margo Reed and Jim Murphy tonight ( www.woodhengegardens.com ). I got several plants from them earlier in the season, and they're all doing well. I want more late blooming one, and tall, too. I have picked out about $400 worth so far. LOL! Cannot spend that much, so will be paring down the list before ordering. The ones I got before are as follows:

CANDY CANE DREAMS
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
RUNNING LATE
CHERRY CREAM PIE
LUNA
ROCKET SCIENCE
RED HILL
THIRD WITCH
LUNA (bonus)

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen, I got two from your list this spring. Red Hill and Luna. Red Hill put out a couple blooms about a month ago. One was while it was still in water. Got mine on the LA. Mike

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Found three more reblooming scape on, Joan Senior, Freewheelin and Macbeth. It is getting hot again. Surely hope plants will respond and rebloom some more.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Boy Mike, you must be doing something right because I have never had Free Wheelin rebloom for me.

Riverview, MI(Zone 6a)

Is there something special you need to do to get reblooms, such as cutting back the foilage? I have Paper Butterfly, as Mike does, and would love to see it rebloom.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I think giving them more water can help them rebloom, and maybe fertilizer. Having a longer bloom season helps, too. Down south they get a lot more. I can't be watering all the ones I have, nor do I have the time or money to fertilize that many. I must have good, fertile soil, though, as people are always amazed at how well my daylilies bloom, even during long, hot, dry spells. I already have too much to water as it is with all the potted ones I have for sale, plus my planters of annuals. Cannot water all the gardens I have, not with a well, as I can't take the chance of the well going dry when water is in short supply. I remember it happening a long time ago when I was a kid. Sure don't want to go through that again.

I have to get out there this weekend and see if I have any rebloom scapes coming up. I usually get some, but not many.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, I just got Freewheelin this spring from Mark S. at Abundantdaylilies on the LA. The plant was divided in two and both sections bloomed earlier.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Hey everyone.....we were looking for late bloomers right?

Here is a website that has late and very late daylilies and you can see the flower too.

http://www.bloomingfieldsfarm.com/seaslate.html#very%20late

Linda

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Linda, I too have visited that site in the past. The Sleuth Detective was in the garden the last few day (what a Surprise). The surprise is that he was in the garden. Here is what he found. Rebloom scape on Black Fathom Depths. Prolif on Entrapment with one pod on it. First picture
Heavenly Angel Ice
Absolute Zero
Legend Of The Fall - LFO on rebloom scape
Big Snowbird - still polying on rebloom scape

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Stella D'Oro
Endless Heart
Autumn King
Boundless Beauty
Rosy Returns

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Apricot Sparkles
Heavenly Angel Ice - still doing her thing.
Smoky Mountain Autumn
Happy Returns
Prairie Wildfire - LFO. Came a long way.http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9133126

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Mike you are lucky....or just a better gardener than me. I don't have ANY reblooms and all of mine are done for the season I believe, unless something magical happens.

I blame it on the weather and not enough water. Next year will be different...I promise!

Linda

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

August Flame
Genesta
Classic Rose - LFO on rebloom scape. New plant this spring.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Linda, it's my turn to be lucky. The drought was indeed a big factor. Bear in mind that I am continually trying to acquire known consistent rebloomers and so call everbloomers. On and On, Rosy Returns, Apricot Sparkles and Going Bananas are doing great this year. I expect better performance from some of this season's new plants.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I shouldn't leave out Big Snowbird and Boundless Beauty. I started with two single fans of BB which I planted separate spring of 2011. Both has increased and put out one rebloom scape each. The plan is to relocate one of the plants this fall to a preffered location.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Give Me Eight - LFO
Heavenly Angel Ice - this one is sending up another rebloom scape.
Boundless Beauty
On And On
Buttered Popcorn - 2nd and 3rd flower open on a second small division for the first time. The bigger one bloomed out already. I thought I had to wait until next year for this one to bloom.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

UFO
Big Snowbird - poly to boot lower right.
Brugs on one plant
Stella's Sparky
Absolute Zero

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice ones Mike!!!! I just got Heavenly Angel Ice this spring. No blooms this year but I am looking forward to next year for sure.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy I know you had it before and it didnt survive. Hope you have better luck this time.
I got a small single fan of Lavender Blue Baby last summer. I didn't expect any blooms this season. It now has one scape and one additional fan. Stella's Sparky have an instant rebloom on top of the rebloom scape on the same fan. Three quarters of an inch of rain yesterday surely wont hurt either. grin!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great, Mike! Can't believe you still have stuff blooming, but then you're a zone colder than I am, so your season would start and end later than mine. The only ones I have blooming now are AUTUMN MINARET, AUTUMN KING and CHALLENGER. Oh, and I have a rebloom scape with several buds on SUNDAYS WITH VERNON.

I have been wanting that HEAVENLY ANGEL ICE for awhile now. Really nice.

Karen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I hope so too Mike. It is looking like it has settled in nicely though.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Good luck, Cindy.

Karen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Karen!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Buddy Hudson, finally bloomed. Not bad for a midseason plant.
Yellow Lolllipop - rebloom ffo
Boundless Beauty - LFO on this plant
BB, a few more left on this one
Smoky Mountain Autumn

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Autumn King, my top bud count of this season or ever. Ninenty One. Second year plant only sent up one scape. One prolif and twelve pods.
Look Here Mary, rebloom flowers are much bigger than the initial ones.
These prolifs are going in the ground.
Stella's Sparky, instant rebloom on top of the rebloom. Not bad for a second year plant. Just added Stella's Pink Pretty, which is coming this weekend. Full sib to Stella's Ruffled Fingers and Stella's Sparky.
Blackeyed Stella

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Apricot Sparkles - none stop

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.