It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 5

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hello all,

Because of the length of this message thread, it is being continued over in It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1401407/

See you all over there.

ZM

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Quote from Zen_Man :
Hello all,

Because of the length of this message thread, it is being continued over in It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1401407/

See you all over there.

ZM

Why aren't there thread pages?

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Keith,

" Why aren't there thread pages? "

I am not sure I know what you mean by that. I guess Dave's Garden programmers would be responsible for implementing thread pages. However, I don't feel limited by the way things are now. I can start a new Part anytime I want to. Like I just did.

ZM

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Quote from Zen_Man :
Hi Keith,

" Why aren't there thread pages? "

I am not sure I know what you mean by that. I guess Dave's Garden programmers would be responsible for implementing thread pages. However, I don't feel limited by the way things are now. I can start a new Part anytime I want to. Like I just did.

ZM

Instead of 1 page of posts like every 20 posts a new page is added to the thread, so no crazy scrolling required, just makes it easier for everyone to read, but I guess on it wasn't built to have thread pages?

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Keith,

" Instead of 1 page of posts like every 20 posts a new page is added to the thread, so no crazy scrolling required, just makes it easier for everyone to read, but I guess [this forum] wasn't built to have thread pages? "

OK, yes, now I know what you mean. Yes, this forum apparently does not support thread pages, and they probably would be a good thing. However, the GardenWeb forums (now a part of Houzz) also do not support thread pages, and I participate over there a lot. But the All Things Plants forums do support thread pages, and I also participate there, so I now know exactly what you mean. Some of my threads there have been paged. Incidentally, ATP is where Dave went.

You are right, and we are in agreement. Long threads like this one should be paged to minimize scrolling, and to minimize unnecessary repetitive loading of a lot of old text and graphics links. Maybe the Dave's Garden people will add that feature. The mechanics of this site have been under modifications aimed at improvement.

ZM

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Edited to remove a duplicate post. This happens here at Dave's Garden every now and then, and the mechanics of this site should be fixed to prevent this annoying anomaly. The site mechanics should also be modified to prevent a poster from mistaking a Post Preview for a posted message and abandoning a detailed post before it is posted. That also happens here from time to time, and that is really annoying. Are you listening, Dave's Garden ?

ZM

This message was edited Aug 7, 2015 8:47 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.