Sports Talk!! Part 9 Summer Games

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here;

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1241608/

Anyone see the Mckayla is Not Impressed stuff yet?? Hilarious. Based, of course, on gymnast Mckayla Maroney's expression and body language on the podium after her silver medal performance.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

she was expressive:) i do not blame her though, if not for the fall she is far and away the best in the vault.

Crazy that the Lakers got Howard. Now have a big FOUR!

Thomaston, CT

Is Dickey the only person on the Mets that can pitch? 15 wins...pretty impressive.....

Yes he is.

Thomaston, CT

He was with the Sox a long time!

This is SO representative of the entire Red Sox season.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/bobby-valentine-crashes-bike-while-reading-text-message-from-dustin-pedroia/

Thomaston, CT

Can it get any worse?

Mets were no better.

Wow - triple crown winner, Cabrera! Long-time coming. Was only 4 when Yaz did it last.

Thomaston, CT

Mets were heart-breaking again this year for sure......I hope not one bullpen member is back for next year!

Yes. Wish the entire coaching staff and Collins were gone too.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

bobby v has been fired. now who will be the next manager, it sounds like they may already have a few people in mind and will move quickly.

victor you were right when you said earlier in the year bobby v was a weird guy. can't believe all the contrvesry he brought on himself. he can blame the media. at some point you have to realize what the landscape is (nice how i dropped a gardening term in) and understand what to say and not.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Totally agree, Bill. For a guy that thought he was pretty smart, he never really figured out the media aspect of managing the Red Sox. He would have been better served just to keep his mouth shut more often but that's clearly not something within his aresnal of abilities.

Usually when the Red Sox season ends I feel a bit of a letdown either because they lost in a heart-breaking fashion or simply because the season's over and I will miss watching them play. This year, I feel a huge sense of relief. I'm just glad it is over with and now we can all move on and cling to that old mantra "wait till next year."

Thomaston, CT

Maybe the Sox can have Collins.....that would work for me!

Yes, Bill - he is a strange dude.

Agree, Robin!

RIP Alex Karras.

Thomaston, CT

One of the good ones.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Remember him on Webster

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hubby's baseball pumpkin

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen

Yay!

Thomaston, CT

Oh, I love those!

Can we get a Yankees Suck too?!! ;)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL, love this pic that is being posted all over

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Cute!

I think the Sox should hire Ozzie as mgr!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

We already have a good one in Farell.

I see Bobby V. said Papi quit after the big trade - finally someone has come out and said it.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Go Tigers!

Congrats RA Dickey! Only bright spot this dismal year.

Thomaston, CT

Agreed....I was hoping they would choose him, considering the dismal record of the team....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

have the movie knuckleball in our que on netflix on wakefield and him from last year.

Hard to believe he is the first knuckleballer to win. Why not Niekro?

Thomaston, CT

Maybe there were pitchers with better records....don't know.....Phil pitched for a long time....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

knucklers do not get the credit they deserve, everyone thinks it is a gimmick pitch

Thomaston, CT

I loved watching Dickey pitch this year......he really had a lot of fire on some of those knucklers....

True, Bill.

Wow - Posey first NL catcher MVP since Bench!

Thomaston, CT

I thought he was deserving ....

New Boston, NH

How about the Pat's

Thomaston, CT

Clinched their division.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.