TEA ROOM # 111

Merino, Australia

Moon, you just reminded me . I had forgotten that when I fell I did fall on that side.
I had been having some dull shoulder pain before, but nothing like what I have had since the fall.
Silly me, I was concentrating on getting my knee okay and never thought of the shoulder
I must tell the doctor when I next see her.
Talk about being forgetful...lol

Probably women only start to mention pain when they get older.
We dont have the time to devote to worrying about it during our more active younger lives.
Working , caring for children, looking after men that moan about the smallest pain....lol

Jean.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2012 12:12 PM

Christchurch, New Zealand

we don't need any more cold weather but thanks for the kind offers ;)
Had a very slow day at the shop today, the big boss was down from Levin but we had the place in order so while the office staff were panic cleaning & tidying we just went about our normal routine.
Last night I went with a co-worker from the shop & her teenage daughter to the movies, we saw Magic Mike.
Enjoyed it but wouldn't rave about it.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Not forgetful, Jean....just as you say...too much to do to really pay attention. I do not know that it will change the treatment, but it will offer an explanation for the amount of damage and pain. So glad the cortisone helped...poor sleep makes us feel every little twinge all day long.

At least ya got to see a few nice looking men, Teresa....GRIN

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Charley says for me to send you all a few blooms. Hope all are well and getting better...
Charley sends nuzzles to you all....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
We had a lovely spring day here yesterday.
No wind and the sun out all day. I even felt some warmth from it.
Managed to do a bit of weed spraying too.
Just one more lot to do and the new weeds will have room to grow....lol

Hello Moon, yes , I am sure the treatment wont change but it was puzzling me as to how it all went so bad so quickly. Now I know, dont fall over

Charleen, your blooms are very pretty. I do like the two pinks together.
Thank Charley for sending them.

Hello Teresa. Isnt it funny how some people will rush around in a panic when the boss comes ?
If all is running okay , one should be confident.

Hello Sue, Anthony, Al, Colleen and Dianne.
I am off shopping today so will go see what I can leave out for morning tea.
I hope the day here is as nice as yesterday. and that you all have a lovely day.

Try these with your cuppa........ Chocolate Mint Brownies
Stay safe ,
Happy day
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Clifton Springs, Australia

Red sky this morning, so goodness knows what the weather will be.
Kettle on Jean, cups are out....
Good point moon, it certainly wouldn't have done Jean's shoulder any good.
My granddaughter saw Magic Mike, Teresa, she enjoyed it too....I wonder why.....lol

Charleen, what are the double white and the pink Brugmansias?, name please...they are lovely.

Jean, I didn't know that you had a Jostaberry too.....we must have bought them all around the same time..

Anthony, I planted my double Liliums yesterday, they are Polar Star, Sweet Rosy and Distant Drums...
Can't wait for these to flower.

Karen, just in case you aren't aware, the mini fruit trees can shoot from below the graft if they are neglected for a while....so rub off any shoots or you won't have a mini tree...lol

Colleen, glad to see that you are coming along too....
Dianne

Merino, Australia

Dianne, I didnt buy the jostaberry, It was a cutting gown one from a cousin.
No orphans today just a large bag of Dynamic Lifter. The start of the spring fertilising .
I have been feeding the brugs with a light liquid feed about every two weeks because they were still growing well. They are looking good considering the cold.
My broad beans are also looking strong.
I look forward to spring planting . more beans, corn & pumpkins.
Lots of flower seeds I will scatter around which usually never come up anyway.

My shoulder is telling me its still there but a lot easier to bear now and I can use it carefully a bit more.
Not too bad a day in Hamilton. A bit of cold wind but we were more in the sheltered areas .
Thats the good thing about the big city shopping centers. One can stay inside all day .

Time I had a cuppa now, its getting quite cold again.
Keep warm all.
Jean.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Dianne, I had sweet rosy and distant drum.,.,treat them well,fertilise at the right time and dont cut the stems,..They are renowned for not coming back in the 2nd or 3rd year..,

The double on the left is Moonlight angel the other one is Painted Lady and she is a reall show off. It is a single but such a beauty. I thought the two of them looked pretty together.
I have one named flame and am so disappointed in the color. But it is also a double, soft orange.
We are getting some very much needed rain. Love it. won't have to water for a day or two....
There are so many pinks it is crazy. The one in this is called Xena. She is a big sized bloom too. Once she gets going her and Painted lady are in competition , I love them both. Have not had but one yellow and it doesn't look good now. i may leave it out this winter if it doesn't do something...
Last one is called Monster, the plant is just covered in single white blooms.....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
I got lost this morning.
Had to go help hubby with a couple of things outside and nearly forgot you would all be waiting for a cuppa.
Cold & foggy here this morning with drizzling rain during the night.
I will not be doing anything outside today , but then I now have the lovely brug book Huandju , to read .
I glanced through it last night and will get more into it today.
I am already wanting every brug I see on the pages .

Lots of helpful info and some interesting reading on the history of the plants.

Charleen , your brugs look very pretty.
Do t they make a lovely splash of color ?
Hope Charley & friends are being good.
Abigail has given up leaving me an egg so I must give her some more crumbs.

Dianne, how are things going down your way ?
Hopefully some sun for you.

Hello Anthony, Al, Colleen , Karen & Sue.
I had better get myself moving and do a few things domestic before I get into reading any books.

Here is something to save you all from starving this morning.... Chocolate Cream filled Cake.

Keep warm and safe
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Hello to all. I'm being a bit of a sook at the moment and not got much to say, as I've got a huge abscess on my tooth and the pain has been unbearable. Taking 3 painkillers every 3 hours still didn't knock it. Day 3 now and the antibiotics may just be kicking in finally, as I've been able to stretch the pain killers to 6 hourly. They have made me feel so sick but hopefully I will need to take less and less now. But if you don't see me in here for a bit, just know I'm getting through this as best I can. The dentist can't do anything until the abscess settles down.

Then on Tuesday next week I am getting the full check on my eyes at the PA hospital. Will find out if they will treat the cataract and check that the diabetes isn't causing any eye problems.

Thinking of you all.
Karen

Ouch Karen...ice packs can be very helpful as they reduce swelling and slow down that horrible throbbing. Good luck to you...hope you can get in with the dentist soon.

Lovely Brugs Charleen.

Xena is lovely too, Charleen...
Anthony, those liliums don't sound very good if they only last a year...do they just die?

Jean, the day has been sunny and I've given the Brugmansias a big chop....some are now half as tall...GHA has been cut back to the first of the new growth and he looks very tidy now....
Karen, you are having a bad run....hope your mouth is better now.
moon, your weather might be a little kinder soon...
Colleen, hoping that you are well and on the mend.
nice weekend forecast, enjoy everyone...
Dianne

poor Karen!
painful teeth are just awful, Mum used oil of cloves to ease hers until the dentist could extract the rotten thing.
Good luck at the hospital, hope they have good news for you about the eye.

Take care :)

Sugar just gave me a terrible fright - I was going out the gate to fill the water bucket & the weasel shot past me & out onto the street...
she has escaped before but not like this & last time came as soon as I called her.
This time she ran off after the cat & then when she lost Cassie decided to run into the next door neighbours yard...
& then into the next yard & the next yard with me in hot pursuit.
She ran across the road & I finally cornered her & managed to get hold of her collar - thank goodness I left it on her!!!
I really hope this was a one off as she has been so good about coming when called.

+

the plus sign is Copper's contribution to the post... he hit the keyboard with a paw when he was trying get my attention.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Rain again overnight here ( 30 points)
Its cold & cloudy now so probably more rain. August is usually the month with more winter weather . Sort of a last attack before spring.

Karen, tooth /mouth problems are very painful.
Take it easy and enjoy all the nice soft foods like egg custard and quiche etc.
Hope all goes well with your eye tests.

Reminds me , I may make a quiche for lunch today.
Havent had one for a while.

Teresa, that naughty girl will give you grey hairs.
I'm so glad you were able to catch her before anything serious could happen.
I know it was awful at the time , but looking back, I can imagine the two of you tearing around the neighborhood. ....lol

Dianne, I got in early with my bruggies and chopped most back in autumn.
I wanted to move a few so did them then.
Yours will be all ready to shoot up now as soon as the warm weather gets here.

Hello Sue, Anthony, Al and Moon.
Hope all is well with you all

Colleen, my lovely winter hippie is now opening.
It seems to like waiting until this time of year.

Charleen, I left cookies out for Charley.
Hope you are having some nice warm and not hot weather. Your garden is looking lovely.

I will not be doing much around the garden today after the extra rain. Everything is squishy.
I will have another read through the lovely big brug book.

Here a nice treat for your morning tea. ......Banana and Date Loaf.
Keep safe and enjoy your gardens.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Thanks Jean,
Banana and Date loaf is one of my favourites...lots of butter too, well maybe not real butter...lol
I'm getting fed up with this cold weather....and the occasional glimpse of the sun....

I bought a Finger Lime today, we'll see how it goes...it was grown locally so it should be ok...
I was told to keep it in a pot facing east...so I will do just that...
It's a prickly little devil,
http://www.australianfingerlime.com.au/
Dianne

What interesting fruit that is Dianne. I do not recall ever seeing one before.

Hope your sore tooth is feeling better Karen

Enjoy your brug book, Jean

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Stay warm and dry

Moon

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

You folks seem to greet each morning with fresh baked goodies, which is a great idea. Wifey made a nice zuchini bread with fresh farmer's butter yesterday that tasted really good. We have tons of zuchini, can't give enough of it away this time of year.

Hot weather has brought on my main line tomatoes a little earlier than usual. Most often we don't see them until the third or fourth week in August. We plan a huge family gathering in early Sept to make sauces and can up for storage. Our (not so secret) homemade spagetti sauce is well respected in the family, and we make lots of it. I'm not too sure that we even have a recipe for it, just everything thrown in.

Al

Good Morning Al. Since this Thread is called the Tea Room, Jean always puts out a "goodie" for the Morning Tea break.

My tomatoes are working on their second go round. It got so hot they stopped producing, so since they are in pots, we moved them to a place where they got dappled mid-day sun. Now they are putting out new leaves and a few blooms. Before we moved them, I was watering 20gal pots 2 to 3 times a day.

Moon(the other Jean, grin)

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
The sun is teasing this morning. I am sure it is trying to entice me outside.
I am not going out in the cold until I make sure the sun is going to stay there.
We had rain yesterday and again during the night.
I was able to do a bit of spraying before the rain arrived late yesterday. Hopefully I have been able to keep on top of the weeds so far.

Al , I am looking forward to getting my tomatoes going in the new tomato bags. They will hang on the old clothes line away from creepies ( I hope)
Your get- together to do the tomatoes sounds like fun.
I used to do bottling etc when the kids were small but now theres just the two of us, its not worth doing any these days.
You will enjoy our virtual goodies as you will never put on any weight...lol

I am also waiting to plant corn . I love growing sweet corn. I will freeze some of the cobs as they are delicious done in the microwave.
I have lots of small onion & leek plants I have grown from seed. They will do well here once in the ground.
Lots of green beans and maybe some butter beans. I have pumpkin seeds but have to find the right place for them to wander while still getting sun.
Once the deciduous trees grow leaves again , there is a lot of shade.

Dianne, I have heard of finger limes but never seen one. Hope yours does well.

Moon, how is your garden going ? I hope the heat has not affected your plants too badly.

Hello Charleen, thank Abigail for the new egg, It was delicious.
Give the furry ones a pat for me.

Hello Teresa, how is the weasel today ?
I did like Coppers effort to communicate with us... lol

Karen , hope the mouth is improving . Take things easy.

Colleen, are you managing to get about a bit more now ?
Keep resting and you will be right by the time the warm weather arrives.

Sue, we know you are not here at the moment , but if you do look in , hello and we hope those hens are laying for you.

I had better go and be domestic with washing etc.
I love my washer & dryer. So easy for me with the sore shoulder.
Which , by the way, is feeling so much better after the cortisone.

Enjoy the day and morning tea with this ...Apple Shortcake with Passionfruit Icing..

Keep safe
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

we finally have sunshine, a cold breeze blowing, perfect for washing on the line...
I feel utterly rubbish & only got as far as putting clothes into the machine.
Made breakfasts for hubby & hounds then crawled back to bed.
Hubby finished putting the washing on & is off to work with cylinders (or something) from his plane & his mate's to put into their measuring machine.
I slept a couple of hours & then thought I had better make the most of the sun & put the washing out.
When I got the dogs out Copper was sprawled out in a patch of sun & the weasel was fast asleep too.
We've been having a good play session while I kept Sugar distracted from pulling the washing down.
She can be so good, & then she becomes a weasel in a split second & does something wicked.
I think she is getting better though, her sweet side lasts longer & happens more often now.
It is wonderful to be able to relax a little & enjoy her instead of watching her like a hawk to protect everything we own.
My daffodils are trying to come up, I really need to move the cr*p the tradies left on the garden, they dumped all my pots, bits of concrete & old timber right on top of the daff garden.
I shudder to think what the left over concrete they dumped on my peony patch will have done to them.
Everything is so sodden out there I just can't motivate myself to get stuck in & make the changes I was planning.
I suppose taking more time to think it though won't hurt...
cheers all,
Teresa

Merino, Australia

Stay in bed Teresa. Everything will still be there when you feel much better.
Keep warm.
Jean.

A beautiful day yesterday, andthis morning, but it all turned terrible at 2 pm today.,high winds, cold and pushing rain.,.Its freezing outside again,.I had another friday off, with no deliveries,so took it very easy[have to watch the 'cashflow'],.,groceries, i got a ute load of firewood, then attended a free lunch [beautiful hamburgers] at work,.,then came back home with much indigestion and organised my woodstack[while Sooty watched me from the balcony].,..
Dianne, those doubles are very hard on the bulb, so give them all the help you can.,.,and if you havnt already done, plant your Lankong, to a larger pot , this year.,.Seems Im doing something right, here, as a lot of my species lilies from seed, are growing well and so are a lot of my 'odd' coloured trumpets,.,.
Teresa, If your garden suffered this year, you have something good to look foreward to next year!, they will come back bigger and better than ever.,.Admittedly,very slow in the daffodil blooms here!!!!- is that good or bad?
Anthony

This message was edited Aug 6, 2012 9:51 AM

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
It was an awful day here yesterday too Anthony.
This morning is still freezing cold.
August always seems to be the time for a last mad push by winter to either freeze us or blow us away.

Teresa, I saw the implosion on TV of that damaged building in Christchurch . Quite impressive , the way they do that.
Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

I think I will sit near the heater today and read more of the new brug book.

Hello Colleen, Sue, Dianne, Karen and anyone else popping in for a cuppa.

Hello Charleen, Moon and Al. Hope you are enjoying your gardens and some mild weather. over there.

Heres a treat for morning tea....Blueberry Scones ...( yes , lots of jam & cream )

Happy day
Jean.

This message was edited Aug 6, 2012 8:39 AM

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Good morning. Just popping in for a cuppa this morning. Tooth has eased off, but not settled and the lump of the abscess is still huge. I think I'll have to do a second course of antibiotics on it before they can touch it.

Went out looking for birds to photograph yesterday and was very pleased with what we saw at a place called Minnippi Parklands at Tingalpa. Bird life abounded but I was very saddened by the amount of rubbish floating down the creek. This pic was a mound of rubbish being taken down the creek by the fairly fast current. The little peewee was foraging among the rubbish which included plastic bottles and even a baseball. The sides of the creek had plastic bottles and other rubbish stuck in tree roots. It must have all come from up creek somewhere as there was no access to the banks where we were. Some people have no respect for the environment at all.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong
Merino, Australia

Sorry you are still having a problem Karen.
It is sad that people dont care about the wonder around us.
Heres a couple pf pics from a lot sent to hubby by a friend.
This should brighten your day.
There are some wonderful things to see out there.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

the dogs were so good last night, no whining at bed time & they slept in till 6am!
I felt so much better & was a box of fluffy ducks at work.
Sugar had her first long walk this evening, so far we have just taken her around the block but I realised that she is nearly a year old so perfectly capable of going double the distance.
She should sleep well tonight.
Poor Copper was left at home with a Tux bikkie to console himself with.
It was fully dark by the time we got home but the weather is predicted to be nasty the rest of the week so I was determined to get the walk in while it was mild & dry.
Friday it's meant to start clearing, so hopefully Saturday I can get into the garden & do some work...

The frog is absolutely brilliant ,Jean,.,..,.,.,looks like me, In my pondering chair, after a new years day, roast pork,kraklin, n, gravy, washed down with a 4xxxx or two,..

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

The main season tomatoes are just starting to ripen, been eating cherries for a week or so. We made a fresh bruchetta last night for din. Think I'm going to try Charleen's tomato pie soon, looked really good. The fenceline is near full bloom also.

Love the reclining froggie, I've felt that way a time or two myself.

Great Day All!

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad Thumbnail by lycodad
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A cloudy morning after a cold cloudy day yesterday. Not as freezing as the day before without the biting wind.
The garden is stating to look a lot nicer now with lots of green sprouting all over the place.
Bulbs are flowering everywhere. I love the bright pockets of color that spread themselves around .

Hello Al, nice to see you in your lovely garden.
Those tomatoes look yummy.
Very pretty border there too.

Anthony, I love the idea of a pondering chair. I have benches around the garden to sit and meditate on whats going on.
Lovely to have our own little places to admire gardens.

Teresa, its nice to hear that Sugar may be growing up.
Some dogs stay at the naughty puppy stage for way too long.
Maybe Coppers manners are finally making a mark on her....

Hello Karen. I hope your mouth is responding to treatment. It can be so painful .
Keep warm and rest.

Colleen, how are you doing over there ?
Lots of rest too and enjoy being looked after.

Dianne, are you freezing down there also ? Your lovely garden will be looking lush after all the rian. How is little Tilly going ?

Moon , hope you are getting some mild weather and able to get out in your garden during the day.

Charleen, I gave Charley a bag of cookies to share.
I saw Kaitlin with him this time.
Hope you are also having some lovely mild weather and not melting away.

Hello Sue if you are looking in at all. Hope we see you back soon.

Hello to everyone else popping in for a cuppa,.
Here is one of my favorite temptations for morning tea. ......Chocolate Mud Cake..

Happy day, keep safe
Jean. .

Thumbnail by 77sunset

well if it's not earthquakes we are getting volcanic eruptions...
the North Island's turn for Mother Nature to let loose.

http://www.geonet.org.nz/volcano/activity/tongariro/

http://www.3news.co.nz/Home/Tags.aspx?topic=tongariro&gclid=CICkmbjy1LECFYNOpQodBzAAhA

Poor NZ you had all better come up here ! (((hugs)))

Al, those tomatoes get me all enthusiastic for summer....love them lots of different ways...yum on bread.

Do we think that maybe NZ might be getting ready to sink back into the sea....she certainly is carrying on..
We have the boats at the ready....

Tilly is well, Jean...we are getting the garden ready too....today we moved a couple of the deciduous azaleas into the garden and used the large pots by putting 3 small Brugmansias in each.
The little Jet Fire mini daffs are looking great, I have a big tub of those littlies.

Karen, it makes you wonder how people can litter a beautiful waterway like that..

Jean, they are lovely pics....
This pair of bird buddies were enjoying the sun yesterday....a wattle bird and a dove sitting side by side, they didn't mind me photographing them...

Dianne...

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Dianne - make sure those boats stay on stand by...
although will Aussie accept Kiwi boat people? ;)

Sugar last night decided she needed to have both raw hide bones...
poor Copper was so confused.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Teresa, as long as you can get close to christmas Island' looks like you are in'

I made some Peach Pit jelly. Wowsiers!! It is good!! Used left over pits and skins from peaches I sliced and put into freezer. got 10 ziplock qt. bags with 2 c. each in a bag.
The jelly came out to 7 half pints and very pretty. Tasty too.....This is first time making Peach jelly, I can hear them sealing on counter. When pictures get loaded I'll show you a picture.
Charley and Abigail are making a pest at the Tea room???? Just Chase them off, the little beggars. Except Abigail does pay for her feed, i guess Charley does too in his own way. Just so you don't get tired of him....
Been crafting with my clay again...Karen sent me an e-mail with the stones and I liked it so much I decided to make some. they are already sold....How great is that????My pictures will be loaded in a bit and they are so pretty. I have some of the prettiest morning glories this year. We have been getting rain and Grass and plants all love it. Brugs are blooming again. I think the singles are so beautiful. Not complicated like some of those poor doubles, but I do love them all...
Here is that beautiful Peach Pit Jelly, first time I ever heard of anyone using the pits in a recipe.
Here is one of those Morning glories...
Here they are growing in with the brugs....
Hugs and nuzzles to all....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
A wild & windy night here again. .Yesterday wasnt too bad. The wind was not as strong or as icy for most of the day. We even had some sunshine.
We have to have some trees cut away from the power lines , so hubby went out when I was busy.
He had cut down 4 of the smaller ones when I caught up with him and made him stop.
He still thinks hes years younger. He gets a bit wobbly now & then so its too dangerous for him to be using the chainsaw.
I rang a farmer neighbor , who will find someone to do the rest.
Th e power company suggested a contractor, but they didnt suggest they pay for it. We could not come anywhere near the money they charge.
I said to hubby, he can play out there once the trees are down. He can chop them up for removal. The trees are not huge in girth just tall .

Teresa, I hope that volcano settles down but we will always welcome the kiwis here. ...
What else can NZ throw at its people. ?
Poor Copper, he does look a bit confused .

Charleen, your jelly sounds delicious and I like your new art work. .
Dont worry about Charley, he is never a pest around the Tea Room. I love to see him looking around the corner to see whats to eat.

Dianne, isnt it lovely to have all the different birds in our gardens ?
You can sit on your seat and enjoy their antics.

Anthony, I had to laugh at your comment re Christmas Island . You are so right...lol.
A bit far for Teresa to go though.

Hello Karen, hope things are getting better for you. Some lovely spring weather may help.

Hello Colleen, if you are looking in. Hope all is going much better for you too.

Hello Moon and Sue and also Al over there with his yummy tomatoes.
Al , have you tried some of the more unusual ones ?
I have tried the zebras and some of the yellow ones. Very tasty.
I always wait for summer in the supermarket so I can get the brown ones I love.
Must try growing a few of those ones myself this year.

Its not nice outside here . Strong wind and more rain. Nothing will be done outside .

Heres something for morning tea that you can all enjoy....Pumpkin Spice Cake.
Keep safe and enjoy those gardens.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Ya'll welcome to stop in for din after chores tonight, just pop by when you get a chance. We're havin' quick fried veggies, fresh farmer's sweet corn, and choice sirloin tips on the barbie. Ellen made some nice fresh onion rolls and of course a few tomato slices on the side. We're drinking the local Honey Brown Ale, but you can bring a pack of your Foster's if you're willing to share. We can even furnish a tea bag if you prefer with dessert.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad Thumbnail by lycodad Thumbnail by lycodad
Merino, Australia

Sorry Al. I just had to sample all that yummy food and I didnt leave much for leftovers....lol

I love sweet corn.
Have you ever tried it in the microwave with the leaves still on ?

The onion rolls were delicious.

We have Magic Carpet that lives in our Tea Room cupboard, so its very easy to pop in on our overseas friends .

Jean.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.