Sewing machine table/plant pots wanted.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

I would love to get a real wood sewing machine table (antique?) that the machine drops down inside. I can refurbish it if needed. I can trade you a kazillion plants (matter of speech). Will also trade plants for rubber pots. I got crazy here and over-did my garden of eden! I live in SW FL off I-75 and Exit 80.
I haven't seen any S. FL plant trades either- I could fill a semi.
cyberageous@hotmail.com

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I get tons of large plastic pots but you are way to far bring them to you

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Wren, you never know! I hope to move to Central FL just above Lake Okeechobee, hopefully in Lake Placid. Then I can attend the more North DG meetups, if you have them. I need pots so bad! I have a truckload of cuttings today for instance that I hate to waste but the plant needed trimmed badly.

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

I own a Design/Build landscaping company and accumulate hundreds of pots. I'm central Florida and a bit closer to you. You ever come up this way you are welcome to all the pots you want. Just give me a head's up so I can be sure no one else takes them.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey LG! Thank you so much! We are trying to sell this place down here and move to Central FL. I just woke up but as soon as I clear the webs out of my head, I'll look you up on the map. I am very excited! Thanks again!

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh bummer, LG! You're North of Tampa! I am so disappointed that I can't afford to drive that far. Thank you so much anyway.

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

The offer stays open if you ever get up this way.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you so much, LG! I hope to make it up for a plant meet but I need lots of notice to put aside gas $.

BUda, TX(Zone 8b)

cyber... Curious to find out if you're in the Central Florida area yet? We plan on temporarily moving to Lake Placid in the middle of May. Right now I'm just south of Austin and will be interested in starting up some vegetables after we get down there. My wife & I are helping with the care of my Mom, who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

It looks to me like a lot of the threads over here are concerning flowers, and not too much action on the veggie front. Of course the wife is looking forward to the Caladium Festival this summer, since we just missed it last year. I've had some success getting my veggies started here in Texas this spring but I'm going to have to let most of what I started here stay with my sons, who are staying in our house. I know they're gonna have some good tomatoes, okra & cukes this year.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey Kevcarr! I am so sorry that I missed this! I liked in the old days when DG emailed you when there was activity that you followed.
I check my email daily- it's cyberageous@hotmail.com
Nope I am still in the 'Glades. We have to sell this property first. Are you in Lake Placid yet? You say you are temporarily in Lake Placid, are you there long enough to grow a garden? I'm not much of a flower person, I believe in tho I love flowers, I need to grow FOOD.
A good way to start a garden is to buy young plants until you get used to our weather and bugs. I have also found getting started is expensive. I had to buy landscape ties and garden soil before I could even consider getting the plants. My lettuce and cabbage are a head-turner.They were bought small but as soon as they were in the ground, they took off. Same with my little bity tomato plants. Now that I get to see things grow.... NOW- I am planting seeds. I planted a bush bean raised-bed planter so far and today is a pimiento pepper bed. That is my last empty bed spot-bummer. Maybe next weekend, I can build a new bed. Altho we are in the Everglades, the house sits on about 2 acres of higher ground. Actually, a giant cap rock. We had to bring in about 20 dumptruck loads of fill- we also needed it for a slough that was to be a future citrus orchard.
I love the Lake Placid area and hope to move there some day. What an exciting town full of festivals for everything.
Anyway, I am stuck out here and am trying to make the best out of what I got.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.