Dany's MGs 2012 # 2

szarvas, Hungary

Water bleu a beautiful cultivar :

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

The series of 'crusaders' increases with a new member - I managed to pass the gene on the shibori blue on white crusader.

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

1 - One am interested ... only one ! .... which one?
2 - I'm waiting !
3 - This one .... of course! .... its 'flaws' am interested!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Interesting color : perhaps it's Sazanami #2, Ripples Beach !

szarvas, Hungary

Q 0240 became to be beautiful !

szarvas, Hungary

My target is this type of cultivar from Japan.
I have this type of flower .... I have yet to make a little effort or big .... big one?

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/01/08/dany12/193156.jpg

To cross the four first flower ( small ) with the fifth ( large flower ) ?

szarvas, Hungary

Does anyone have some seeds of this fine selection from Becky?

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/08/05/beckygardener/0863e3.jpg

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Incredible lovely blooms Dany.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Wonderful pictures to start the new day with! Wish I had some of the blue speckles, or any of these blooms, They are Beautiful!

szarvas, Hungary

Balloon vine - Cardiospermum halicacabum ..... disappointment!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

1 - Dark Aomurasakizyouhantenshibori, ipomoea purpurea.
2 - A cross of today ... imagine the result! .... We can dream!
3 - Me, I see them different!
4 - Definitely .... a new color for purpurea ( with dark trilobed foliage ) !
5 - Sunflower .... broken color !

szarvas, Hungary

DFNM ( from Becky ) in light bleu and in middle blue ..... Some flowers seem fertile!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Dany, love all of them.

I agree, but that sunflower is really different. Love it!

Gorgeous blooms Dany. I love the new color in Purpureas.

szarvas, Hungary

Purple rain from Karen Extra Mix .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKG6K0siJU&feature=player_detailpage

Love the purple blooms! Thanks for the link! She has so me beautiful blooms too!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Dany. I grew them last year too, they are very nice.

(Zone 7a)

Dany, your beautiful MGs all carry riddles within them - you are our Egyptian sphinx :)

szarvas, Hungary

Egypt .... Ray ( rareseedman ) now lives in Egypt .... hope he is well !

Simply a Phoenix .... I always thought I was a Pharaoh! ... lol ... lol!
Today morning ... no more than 300 photos! Hm! .... you say ... addiction!

Here a small flower which one parent was Sazanami .... long ago! !

szarvas, Hungary

All my crosses with Youjiro first generation (F1) are sterile .... may be that the F2 will also be sterile!

szarvas, Hungary

I have several cultivars of this type almost the same look!

szarvas, Hungary

1 - 2 - 3 : Q 1044 beautiful blue flower with yellow foliage.
4 - : Q 1044 purple version !
5 - : Q 1044 with a cross inside !

szarvas, Hungary

Noticed the flowers of the day!
n° 3 WoW !
n ° 5 enormous !

Dany, those are beautiful! 300 photo's? I can't imagine having that many in bloom, maybe someday!

Gautier, MS

All your blooms are AWESOME Dany! It's amazing to just think of taking pictures of so many.

Amazing blooms Dany. All gorgeous but partial to that 1st set of light blues

szarvas, Hungary

A medium blue with velvet effect is rare!
Purple or dark blue with velvet effect .... there are many! ..... Akatsumi no Umi, Star of India, Hatsu Arashi .... etc...

szarvas, Hungary

Year after year these Ipomoea purpurea are becoming more and more beautiful ..... there are more and more different blues ..... and wave motion .... I love it!

(Zone 7a)

Dany, with regard to this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9220114 - "All my crosses with Youjiro first generation (F1) are sterile" -

could you donate some pollen from a more fertile flower to those?

Also, if my notes are correct, all the seeds that I received from Gardener_2005 in January 2007 were youjiro crosses. Could you include any of her youjiro crosses in your crosses that she may have sent you? Did you save seeds from any of her youjiros that you might have grown out? Hopefully, she will be making more of her seeds available some time this coming fall or winter.

This one came from her "Picotee Mix" when I grew it out in 2007. Although a seedling from this one in a subsequent year did not come true for me, at least one of the folks who requested seeds from this one did get the same flower.

Thumbnail by bluespiral
(Zone 7a)

Another seedling I grew from another youjiro mix that she called "magentas/pinks blizzards & solids/picotee white edge" is the large, deep rose MG with a white picotee in the foreground of this picture I took from my 2007 garden (She wrote that this mix came from "I. youjiro x Ukigumo with I. youjiro x Mt. Fuji") -

(The dusky large purple MG also with a white picotee climbing up the yew hedge in the middle background is Emma's Velvet Plum.

(I owe so much of the magic of my 2007 garden to both Gardener_2005 and EmmaGrace, as well as other generous gardeners that also sent seeds to me.)

Thumbnail by bluespiral
(Zone 7a)

The two MG flowers to the right are from another youjiro mix of hers that Gardener_2005 called "Large Blue, Purple Star Pattern, Blue Star Pattern" - love those delicate spidery rays on this one & the sharp contrast between pale & dark blue -

Thumbnail by bluespiral
(Zone 7a)

Evidently, Emma did send me some seeds in 2005 that she called I. youjiro "Baby Blue..." So, Dany, if you also got these from Emma, you would have more youjiros to cross with your MGs, along with Gardener_2005's. Following are some of the results from growing out Emma's youjiros two generations after receiving her seeds -

Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral
(Zone 7a)

Dany - if any of my grow-outs from these youjiros of Gardener_2005 & Emma would be useful to you, let me know - I still have a few left, although not of this one - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9221166

Those are beautiful blooms! Love your garden!

(Zone 7a)

Thank you Linda. That was such a wonderful year, thanks to gardeners on this forum. Hope Dany's pollen situation improves with respect to youjiros.

Beautiful blooms Dany and Karen.

szarvas, Hungary

Karen, thank you for sharing !
When we make crosses with Youjiro, even when the F2 ... F3 has longer the characteristic leaf Youjiro they can still be sterile!
Sometimes the cultivar we used to cross has in their ancestors some blood (genes) of Youjiro that's why it's hard to get rid of this sterility.

241 pictures today ..... bad day! lol!

Here Aigasuri from Azuremore .... looks like Fuji no Ao , a lot of blooms .... and there an UGLY flower ... oh what an ugly ... lol !

A flower unlike any other!

szarvas, Hungary

I cross this flower with itself and with 8 different flowers:

szarvas, Hungary

A grey / purple :

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.