Fall SWAP at Sallyg's- pick a date?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Come one come all MidAtlantic, to lovely "somewhere sorta south of Baltimore."
Let's pick a date. Plants will be entirely optional (yeah just TRY and get us together and NOT have plants flying!!) but good times are guaranteed. Pot luck... I'm assuming Saturdays work best? The one that seem best for most will get it.
September 15th
or September 22nd?
EDIT- We've picked the 15th !

This message was edited Jul 16, 2012 7:04 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I should be able to make either date work with a couple week's notice....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't see anything on my calendar for those dates so assuming either is good for me

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Either would work I think. Will turn it into a weekend to see the grandies.

So far so good!
Editing- looks like tentative list, and of course spouses, friends, and others always welcome!

Askalon
speediebean
Chantell
Jan
flowerjen Jen
happy macomb Devon-
sgardener Terry
UMD Terp Paul
Catbird Robin
coleup Judy
Gitagal Gita (lol)
tmcghan Tom and DW
Ruby and John
Holly and Ric
donnerville Sally
crittterologist Jill
ecnlag and greenthumb Pat and David

This message was edited Aug 8, 2012 1:31 AM

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I can make either day work for me.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I think either day will work, but September will be complicated for us so we can only be a "maybe." Sadly.

Crozet, VA

You all decide and we will do our very best to be there. Thank you Sally for volunteering to host this event. I too know that it will be a very grand day, whenever it happens to be. Due to John not selling at the Farmer's Market this year very much, I will have lots of house plants that will need to find new homes. I haven't really put too much energy on potting any thing new for some months, but still have way too many than will comfortably fit back in here come cooler temperatures.

Looking forward to lots of swap chat.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yippee Skippy, Looks as though either date will work for us. Ric :-}

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

So far--either date works for me too.....

Never know what may come up--but I will try to NOT have anything else deter me from this Swap.
An "as early a decision as possible" will help.

Gita

I'm leaning toward fifteenth (15)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too---22nd seems a bit too close to October.....

Many of us will have cuttings--and close to October--it will be a repeat of the struggles
to keep plants viable, watered, and growing for the Spring Swap for just a bit too long....

The heat will still be there----the drought---and all the poor cuttings.......:o(

Gita

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I have a wedding scheduled for the 22nd.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Either day will do for me. Many thanks to Sally for hosting is.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Sally, for hosting! I can't wait to see your gardens... and your new kitchen! :-)

15th works better for me, but I could make the 22nd if that ends up being the best date.

I'm excited!

Oh, and while I think I might end up not ordering bulbs at all this year (?!), I'm placing some plant pre-orders. If anybody is interested in double hellebores, let me know and I'll send you a link... timing should work out that we can ship together & I'll bring them to the swap.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I might be placing a Van Engelen order -- so LMK if you are interested in combining an order and for me to bring bulbs to the swap.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I might be interested in a Van Engelen order. I had a catalog here and now I can't find it.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

They have on-line info - you can just Google them. There is a minimum order (but I'm sure I'll meet that). They also require you to larger numbers of each bulb....

Let's say 15th for sure

Plants totally optional! Let's not sweat (LOL) over trying to move more than we can handle. We could call this the Bulb and Houseplant swap, if it makes people feel better about not getting into all the perennials. It IS hard for me at this very moment, to feel at all hopeful about moving anything in the garden. I don't know what will be alive by then ....aaaggghhh

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

OK, got it on my calendar!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

On our calendar as well.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

That works for us just fine!

Wow, how great!
8 ^)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

On mine as well...Bec's got relatives coming - but I think that's in August...

Just don't expect the lush horticultural wonder of Holly and Ric's place! And start hoping no rain THAT DAY, just in all weeks ahead.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey all, I'm a little late to the party here. I am in Scaggsville/Columbia and would love to participate, however I have a wedding that day at Turf Valley. I would love to drop off some plants beforehand, I have a few monster Sedums (16 inch+) that have been potted up for almost a year now, some JM bloodgood offspring that are a few feet high, and a few others. I also have some. noid and no clue on the color, day lilies that need some TLC. They'd be great to fill up open space. They were just going to be thrown out.

Any interest??!?
-Paul

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

It's too bad you can't join us, Paul.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Goody!!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

It's always something! Great location for me too!!!

Hi Paul,
We'd love to have you...OR your plants, teee hee.

No seriously, you are free to look at my Journal and ask about anything that would interest you in return. Most things I have are giveable. And I am happy to babysit anything that others might bring in exchange and leave here for you.

I am off of 97 between Severna Park and Glen Burnie.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Paul--
To add to Sally's invitation--please know also--that we have an annual Seed Swap in Frederick
organized by Jill (criterologist") every year at the Chef Lin's Chinese Buffet.
An awesome place to eat and share seeds....
We play games-win prizes---socialize---and, of course, trade seeds..

We also hold TWO Plant Swaps a year. The next one will be Sally's on Sept.15th in Milersville.

You are in our area.. Hope you keep tabs of what is going on in the Mid-Atlantic.
Just keep clicking on what is going on...You will LOVE meeting this bunch of people!!!

Gita--an "old"member of this crew...
Daves Garden---My "Home away from Home".....

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank you gita and sally. I appreciate it. I have the mag listed as a favorite forum so I'll be less likely to miss these things

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Just sticking my head up for some air - sure, I'll be there :) (with T'dee in tow ^_^)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, I can't wait to see your gardens and new kitchen.

Yay Bec!

Lawd, Holly, my garden will be carp...but for the highlights of specific prize plants from DG pals of course.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't worry Sally we will love it no matter what. Ric and I are working like crazy trying to keep ours going for the HGHA Tour in Sept. One of the other hosts told me if she doesn't get some rain soon she will have to drop out as she can't water all her garden and what little rain we have gotten keeps missing her.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Does anyone have a Japanese clethra? I'm a pretty shrubby person. Ha

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi UMD. Do you mean this: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1689/? Deer apparently love it, and it requires moist soil, so if I ever had it (which I don't think I did) it is dead now, for sure. But it is fragrant! Yum....

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Yea.

I'm trying to track it down for a friend in Michigan. He thinks it is more common to this area. Deer aren't a concern for me it just takes vigilance to keep them away. They are pretty lazy.

-Paul

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from sallyg :
Yay Bec!

Lawd, Holly, my garden will be carp...but for the highlights of specific prize plants from DG pals of course.

Dear Sally of the sandy coastal plain of Maryland.

I'm sure that I speak for all of us when I say that we will be coming from near and far on the 15 of Sept 2012 to see YOU first and foremost because YOU are a complete package of "highlights of specific prize" people from DG!!! And look at all the other amazing DG pals who will be there to to 'highlight' the event with you. So. like that song, "we'll only have eyes for you" and not know if we are in a garden or on a crowded avenue and not know if it is cloudy or bright but none of us would miss it unless previously engaged.

Shine on sallyg, your light cannot be dimmed!

PS, I'm just down the road from you and am expecting to be called upon to lend a hand. You have my # Remember, I'm a retired plant merchandiser itching to 'stage' some plants! Let me help turn your carp garden into a koi pond! Judy

This message was edited Jul 18, 2012 9:32 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.