BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Coffs Harbour, Australia

good morning all.
Karen, thats a nice group of photos there. I hope you can stay clear of the flu, as it seems to be everywhere this year. Just going to the supermarket is a risk!
Hi Ian. Your Crypt. 'Black Magic' is very dark eh? Number three is a stunner. I'm afraid I am a bit of a Crypt snob, although I do have a couple. They don't grow well for me, even though I follow growers advice. I've had to winter them in the hot house this year, so maybe that will give them a head start now that we are in spring.
thats right, first of the month. I'll go start a new thread later.
Shirley, the weather held, he rocks are done and the last job is to oil the bridge, which is first up this morning, then its photo time. yes, I am exhausted, as i put in a bit more effort than usual to get it finished yesterday. I still have quite a bit to do to ready the garden for judging, so not much rest yet, but sitting in bed on the tablet, sipping a lemon and honey drink, with a wheat pack on my neck and shoulders is a lovely way to start the day. Your lunch date sounded lovely. Thats something my hubby and I would do too.
Trish, like you I got the vacuuming done yesterday, and when i go outside, I'm gone until dark! I've taken to writing a list of what needs doing and tackling one thing at a time, or else i am all over the shop! I also keep orchids in with my broms, and also pitcher plants, succulents, bonsai, staghorn ferns e.t.c. My orchids are beginning to flower too, and yes, the fragrance is gorgeous. Your Aechmeas spelling should be luedemanniana and yes it is 'Rodco' inverta. Its a great plant. (I have this one too) All your photos look stunning, and don't worry about your typos, we are all guilty of those! I have spell check, but a couple still manage to get through.
I'll BRB, but first will go and start a new thread for spring.
Sue

Coffs Harbour, Australia

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1277963/
Our new thread is ready and waiting for you, just click on the link.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.