Spring 2012 to Summer

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I like that Lady Elizabeth. very nice.....

That sears tower is a pretty yellow too!

Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen and anyone else that have Sears Tower, how tall did it get this season ? I will be posting some more pics in the morning. Lot going on right now.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Mike, my Sears Tower is not quite finished getting its full height for this year, I think. It has not started blooming yet. I will try and remember to measure it tomorrow and let you know.

I posted some more pics tonight and yesterday over at this thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1269619/

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Sarah Hawes, Pink Super Spider and Elma Tipton garden shot.
Big Kiss - dbl
Self Determination
Bryan Cook Memorial

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hibiscus - gift
Better late than never supplies from Earthstar.
Hibiscus. Bought at F/Market last summer.
Forbidden Dreams - ffo on new plant

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I love BRYAN COOK MEMORIAL.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen BCM get going after the first few flowers.
Romancing Summer reblooming on one fan.
Romancing Summer rebloom
R/S another view
Bridgeton Ivy League

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Elma Tipton - three blooms, zero stigma.
Inimitable - dbl. "Incapable of copy"
Get set, after three. Bryan Cook Memorial
Red Hill in water

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Red Hill - finally in the ground.
Francis Of Assisi - still going
Red Suspenders - winding down
The "bridge to nowhere". BFG!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Elma Tipton is very pretty!!! Sure like your brick covered area. Very nice!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hemlady, that was a well long before we got here. I wanted to explore using it for the garden but DW said NO WAY ! End of story! Ha, Ha !

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

A well, wow, that sure is different. I like it!!!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Im in love with Elma. What a treat to get in her triplicate. Great shape.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Mike, I love ELMA TIPTON and INIMITABLE. Also FRANCIS OF ASSISI and RED SUSPENDERS. Too bad DW is opposed to you using that well. I would have said go for it.

Karen

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Beautiful blooms Mike!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Mike

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bryan Cook Memorial - Love the rain
Francis Of Assisi - Loving the rain also.
Apricot Sparkles - still going.
Last Snowflake - The rain washed out the ffo the day before.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Frans Hals
Yazoo Jim Terry - one of his many faces.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
(Zone 7a)

Love that Apricot Sparkles and the Hibiscus.

Beaverton, MI

Very Nice Mike.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen, I know for a fact that I got this one from you. It only have one scape. This one scape is packing a wallop. Seven way branching with a terminal "W" and a prolif to boot. The name......
Autumn King
Prolif close-up
Big Snowbird have four prolifs on two scapes. As far as my scape count is going up to now, BS is tops with 41 and still blooming.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice, Mike! That's outstanding! I need to move mine, as it's not doing so well where it's at. Getting kind of crowded out by other, bigger ones. It needs more room for itself. I moved my BS a few years ago, and it's not doing as well as it was in its previous location. Might have to move it again.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Voila Francois - ffo of two buds on new plant planted last November.
Carmen Renee - ffo - planted this spring
Autumn King - ffo
AK - close-up

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I like Carmen Renee, such a delicate color.

Beaverton, MI

Very nice Mike. I like VF

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I love VF! Gorgeous! Autumn King is looking great. I know it's not the most fantastic looking flower compared to what's out there now, but I got it for the fact that it's tall and blooms very late. It's also an heirloom variety from 1950.

Karen

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Mike, it looks like you have 2 different pics of Autumn King - one red and one yellow. ???

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That red Autumn King looks like a Hibiscus to me. I think he is just showing the bud stalk with the branching in that pic.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hemlady is correct!!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Oh, I see what you mean about Autumn King! I am looking more and more for the tall, well branched cultivars.
I think clumps of the plainer flowers are very important for providing color mass. Too much "fancy" can be overwhelming!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Smoky Mountain Autumn - dbl
SMA - single
Boundless Beauty - still going on original scapes with rebloom to come.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

All are lovely Mike.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Boundless Beauty is a beauty indeed!!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hemlady it changes its form from time to time. It does increase well compared to Elma Tipton. Speaking of ET as she relates in my garden. I would have to say that 80% of the time there is no VISIBLE stigma. Ouch!!!

This message was edited Aug 3, 2012 4:50 PM

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Mapping Carolina is like that Mike. About the first 3 to 4 days of blooms none of the flowers have stigmas.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Ah Youth - ffo - 8-02
Genesta - ffo - 8-06
Boundless Beauty - still going
Stella's Sparky - one on each rebloom scape

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Sorry - Genesta
Boundless Beauty - rebloom scape

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Lime Frost - rebloom

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Mike are your lilys in REBLOOM because you are cooler where you are? Mine haven't even set new scapes for reblooms!

It has been so hot here, I really don't expect many of them to rebloom at all.

I am surprised though about Walter's Tango and Sunrise, Sunset Beautiful. They are just a few days away from being 1 year old and I have had 17 blooms on SSB and 17 blooms on WT also!

Here is #17 on SSB

Thumbnail by l2le
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

l2le, rebloom is a crap shoot in our climate on most rebloomers. It is hot here also. 93* today. Seventies are expected for a few days starting Thursday. The consistent rebloomers are some of the ones I listed here.http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9150083

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.