Spring 2012 to Summer

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Spring Chats And pics 2

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the new thread, Mike. My daylilies are getting started here now. It's so exciting! I was out today doing weeding, and even got one potted daylily planted that I had purchased last year. It's called White Dragon, and has buds. I'm so thrilled! Can't wait to see that one bloom. I planted it 3 plants away from Inner View, which is the one in the picture.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Just marking my spot on the new thread so I don't miss all the beautiful photos!

Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Alabama Jubilee
America The beautiful
Awesome Blossom
Bela Lugosi (thanks Karen for this one)

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Big Time Happy
Black Fathom Depths
Bryan Cook Memorial
Buttered Popcorn

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Custard Candy
Coral Spider
Daring Deception
Dolly's Lipstick ffo

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Drop Dead Gorgeous
Dynamite returns (Late evening)
Elegant Candy
Enchanted Carousel

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Endless Heart (instant rebloom)
Entrapment
Freewheelin
Going Bananas

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Great Goodness Gracious
Heavenly Angel Ice
Imperial Splendor ffo
Intergalactic Interlude

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Isolde (with one extra petal)
Jolly Red Giant (thanks again Karen. grin!)
Seminole Wind
Kisses Like Wine (gift Blueridge along with GGG above)

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 2:36 PM

This message was edited Jun 18, 2012 7:18 PM

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Legend Of The Fall
Lillywood Orchid Tones
Lullaby Baby
Moonlit Masquerade

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nature Boy ffo (not the best pic)
On And On
Pack Hunter
Paper Butterfly

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I will post some more later. Enjoy!! Mike

Beaverton, MI

FFO Applique
FFO Jerry Hyatt

Thumbnail by kimbar Thumbnail by kimbar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Love Jerry Hyatt, Kim.
Red Hot Returns
Reforma Boulevard
Romancing Summer
Rosy Returns

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Ruby Stella (thanks Hemlady)
Silken Touch
Siloam Double Classic (three blooms = three single so far)
Soft Summer Night

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

South Seas
Spacecoast Hot Topic
Stella's Sparky
Stump Knocker

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Thin Man
White Temptation (ffo, not fully open at time of pic)
Wineberry Candy
Winter Treasure

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Woodside Ruby
Yazoo Jim Terry

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Beaverton, MI

Wow Mike. I just got JH from Martin Mayes along with Oh My Stars and Garters. (Love the name)BFG.
And i also need to tell floweringchild thank you all the flowers i got from you have scapes Applique came from her.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Enjoying looking. Right now my computer is in the shop so I can't upload any pictures. Currently I am on my DD computer. Hope to get mine back next week. We had to get it wiped and the Operating system reinstalled

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Kim, I hope all is well with you. You must be very busy in the garden along with everyone else. Mike
Endless Heart aka Earlybird Cardinal

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Laura that is so sad. I am going to get a large flash drive in addition to my external drive to save my fav pics of each cultivar as a back-up. Let's face it, some pics can not be replaced.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Beaverton, MI

Yes Mike all is well thanks for asking. Yes i am very busy lots of projects going so i
can have more flowers.(DAYLILIES) ssssh dont tell my DH. BFG
I have been finishing one and going to the next and having a blast.
And i really like EC very nice.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 8:11 PM

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

All these photos are gorgeous. Lots of my favs on here.

Kim, Thanks. Applique is one of my favorites that I will always have in my garden. Most all my daylilies are blooming now. I have just a few with scapes and no blooms yet.

Beaverton, MI

And I love it. Thanks again for all the wonderful plants you sent me floweringchild.
Mike Spacecoast Raspberry Mist has scapes.BFG

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Beautiful blooms Mike and Kim!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful Blooms everyone! Love that Awesome Blossom and Bela Lugosi, and the Moonlit Masquerade (excited because I have it on the way from a recent order!!) ......

My want list grows faster than my plant stash $ or my beds!!

Just gorgeous everyone! My blooms are pretty much history. I have a scrape on a Westborne Oranges for Christmas that I just purchased about 4 weeks ago....was shocked to see the scrape, but it means I have at least a couple more DLs to look forward too.

Genna

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's Shirley's Green Acre which was my first bloom on 5/7 and is now reblooming, Mambo Maid which has been blooming steadily every day since shortly after SGA, a seedling I received from a swap and finally Christmas Is

This message was edited Jun 20, 2012 1:50 PM

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Beaverton, MI

All are beautiful. Really like Christmas Is.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Those are all beautiful Karen!! All my blooms are just about gone here..... have scrapes on one that I just planted a few weeks ago....the rest are finished unless one happens to rebloom :(

Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Kjuddy, I love SGA. Got CI a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.

SGA has really been a standout for me - this is the first year for both SGA and Christmas Is to bloom.

Genna I have never had luck with rebloomers but right now I have 3-4 that are already reblooming and that is so exciting!! I'm really shocked since it has been so dry but I have put down new soaker hoses and have done a better job of watering than I normally do so maybe that is the answer:)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

YW, Mike. I just got Isolde this year, and am still deciding whether or not I like it. I think it was a bonus. I also got South Seas last year. I have it in a pot, but it may have crown rot. I'm hoping not. I got it, and several others, potted up very late in the season last year after they had been soaking way too long in water. I've had at least 2 of those crown rot on me, but it didn't happen until this spring. Also discovered that the Miracle Grow potting soil they were potted with was quite saturated, so I'm sure that was a contributing factor.

Kimbar, I got Applique last year. It's a really nice one. I have 2 scapes on it this year. Had its first bloom of the season today, and it sure looked nice. It bloomed its first year, too.

I have all my files backed up through Carbonite. It's worth it in case the computer ever crashes.

Kjuddy, I love Mambo Maid and Christmas Is. CI has been on my wish list for ages. Don't know why I don't just get it. I'm sure it's not expensive. I think you're right that extra watering is the answer for rebloom if one is having a drought. We don't get a lot of rebloom here in the north, so it's always exciting when we do.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Here's what was blooming in my gardens on June 21.

The first is Applique, then 2 different unnamed seedlings of my late mother's. The reddish one is a very early bloomer for me, and quite prolific. The second, which I call Cranview Tangerine Ruffles, is an EM.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily

Wow Karen I love that Applique that is for sure going on my wish list

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Those are really pretty Karen

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Yay! I have my computer back! Thanks Mike. Hopefully I did not loose everything as they were supposed to take an image of the disk before wiping it. We shall see. If that did not work I should have some of the pictures on my flash drive, just not all 6 years I had on the hard drive. Crossing my fingers. My DH is the computer Guru in the house and he is supposed to see if he can restore the info on the image this weekend.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Laura good luck on that endevor.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Glad you are almost up and running. Good luck. Cant wait to see some pictures again soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.