What's cooking, MAG?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Quiche...just had that the other night...yum-mee

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Doing a slew of chicken wings and tenders as well as onion rings.
All marinating in a buttermilk mixture (seasoned) then coated in seasoned flour
and fried in a bit of oil. Not too fond of using all that oil, especially, since i will have to do this in batches.
The flouring usually comes off and creates a lot of "junk" in the oil.

This was a recipe i cut out from the paper last week. Sounded good. Wanted to try it.....
Besides--a few packages of chicken wings out of my overcrowded freezer is a good thing.

Will pass judgement after lunch....:o) Gita

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Yesterday, sandwiches for late lunch, ice cream for dinner, popcorn for movie time (at home)

Today- an italian style chicken in large deep skillet ( have to boil pasta but I guess thats better than something needing the oven.) with bread and zucchini

When the weather breaks which it MUST
Corn soufle- uses corn muffin mix and creamed corn.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That corn souffle sounds yummy! Grilling tonight, It. sausage and cheeseburgers for the freezer. Grillin' beans, and a small potato salad since I had a little dressing left over from the last one. Also just got some fresh local corn and cantaloupe for tomorrow. Cantaloupe was actually ripe $2, and corn was $4/doz. Ric

Great summer meal there!

I came back from the store with a large pack of cubed chuck meat so there will be pepper steak in the slow cooker one night, using the peppers I got last week at Aldi. Our local produce guy grows peppers but I didn't think they would be nice and thick like 'imports'
Peppers, onions, meat, brown gravy mix- over rice- does that work?

Our local cantalope is 3 $ so I picked a big one.

I cannot locate 'oven roasting bags' in the store. OH. are they with plastic bags and wraps etc? I bought a Bag n Season for a chicken.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I really like pepper steak over rice. Do you steam yours? Since I got my steamer it's about the only way I make it. It seems to come out so uniform and poofed just right. Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oven bags, yes over by the saran wrap and aluminum foil

Hubby is grilling chicken legs and corn on the cob

I have not used a rice steamer. Sounds really good! since having all the kids home, trying to cook 2 cups raw rice is screwing up some thing in my cooking, and it hasn't been cooking quite right. I might need to decrease the water.

Mm Jen that sounds good

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

BBQUE keeps hollering my name (ohhhh w/corn on the cobb)! I found THE bestest recipe ever...hmmmm sounds good for this weekend...now if I can figure out what to eat between now and then...LOL. Chief salad tomorrow night with blackened chicken - yup!!! Got 2 avocados ripe enuf to put in the salad...fresh mators from my friend's yard....ok...now that only leaves Tue - Fri... ^_^

mmm that salad sounds good, really good. Yeah the trouble with eating is having to do it so much!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.