Jade Need Help With

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

My jade is dropping its leaves and I don't know why. The leaves look fine. I haven't changed anything and it is or was a really nice plant. Does anyone have any help for me?

Valley Village, CA

Yes, yes, yes, check those roots, and keep it dry, dry, dry.
Make sure your soil is fast draining, give it sun, and air circulation. Talk to it, and play music if necessary.
This plant should be able to take anything, even down to low 20tys degrees.
It can certainly take very dry, no water all summer.
Good luck, keep us posted. Tell us more about the growing conditions you have it in. I am taking it for granite that it is realy a Crassula ovata 'Jade' Norma

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

It is a jade crassula ovata and it is in a south window, the same place it has set for 2 years. The leaves look healty that fell off. Can the leaves be rooted?

Valley Village, CA

I don't think that they can this time of year, try them, you have nothing to lose. Too much water? Any sudden temperature change? Overfertilized? Too hot? Did the heater go on? Do you have a cat? What about air? Is it getting fresh air? How often have you been watering? When is the last time you changed the soil? How big is the pot? Could it have outgrown it's pot? Do you have a saucer under the pot? Doing my best, Norma
There are so many possibilities.

Valley Village, CA

I asked my boss about your leaves being rooted this time of year. He said "Why not" anytime of year is good for C. ovata.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Crasulady2,
To late I already did them in. I hope no more fall off.

Valley Village, CA

Don't give up on the plant, cold weather is ahead and it loves it. Keep it dry until you see new leaves starting to form. Hopefully it will have flowers by Christmas. Wouldn't that be a joy? Norma

Valley Village, CA

Please, how is the 'Jade' doing? Norma

We have had our first rain of the year, finally. The 'Jades' are smilling, some have not yet flowered in my garden, but the neighbors all have, or are doing so. Norma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.