Blueridge Gardens order

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

My order from Bob came today! Holy Cow! I ordered 8 daylilies and they sent my order PLUS 7 gift plants! I can't tell you what they are right now but I will add the names later! Right now they are soaking in 3 separate containers because they are so HUGE!

#1 picture is my ordered plants
#2 picture is the gift plants

Now to dig up more grass so I can plant them in the ground! hehehe!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252 Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW, what a fabulous looking order!!!!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I ordered these:

Mean As A Snake
King George
Happy Apache
Osterized
Walter's Tango
Frog Song
Desert Icicle
Color Flash

I will have to list the gift plants later this evening.....got dark on me and I didn't get the names written down!

Debbie

Horse Cave, KY

I've just received two orders from Blueridge and I couldn't be more pleased. The fans are always so large and healthy...and certainly are larger than what most other places will send. I also had several gift plants. It makes me wonder how they can make a profit from all the gift plants, but I sure hope they do.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Blueridge has always sent very nice plants and I agree about the gift plants! Here is the list of the gift plants I received:
Tropical Reflection
Caboose
Something Wonderful
Jamaican Midnight
Soul Food
Scale Model
Empire Strikes Back

Now I need to go look them up and see what I have!

Debbie

Bob is top. I was not going to order anymore this year since I hae so many of my seedling crosses. I made the mistake to check my favorite on Ebay.

Two daylilies that I have always wanted was on sale. Forestlake Ragamuffin, and Alexa Kathryn. Two daylilies for $98. I must be nuts but wanted to use them as pod parents. I just received 4 daylilies last month plus the 3 bonuses. I AM done----till next year.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice haul there, Debbie! I purchased from him last year, and he gave me about as many bonuses as I had plants ordered as well. Still waiting for my order for this year. I will continue to buy from him.

Blomma, I think I'm done this year, too, however I have some daylilies on my wish list in the LA, so if they are offered for sale, I may jump on them. Depends on if I have the money at that time or not.

Karen

Karen, I check LA for Forestlake Ragamuffin before ordering from Bob. Off hand don't remember the price there but it was much cheaper than Bob. Only reason I went with Bob instead of a lower price is that I don't know the seller on LA and know Bob. Also, he sells double fans. Sometimes trying to save money isn't worth it.

Below are all my daylily seedling started Oct through Nov 2011. Most are from LA seeds, others my own crosses. Many from 2009 and 2010 are beginning to set buds.

Thumbnail by
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Your seedlings are looking good. I still have to plant my seeds. Gotta get that done tomorrow, if I do nothing else. There's always way too much to do here.

Karen

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 8a)

Hi, Irisluvr!
I am interested in the Blueridge Gardens you referred to in your post; where is it located? And would you provide me with the link?
Thanks!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

http://www.blueridgedaylilies.com/

They are located in North Carolina. They have a lot in the Auctions...if you are looking for a specific named plant, email them and ask. Bob may have it. Or you can order from the website.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2012 2:21 PM

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Quote from irisluvr0252 :
My order from Bob came today! Holy Cow! I ordered 8 daylilies and they sent my order PLUS 7 gift plants! I can't tell you what they are right now but I will add the names later! Right now they are soaking in 3 separate containers because they are so HUGE!

#1 picture is my ordered plants
#2 picture is the gift plants

Now to dig up more grass so I can plant them in the ground! hehehe!

At least you have grass to dig up! LOL

Usually his blue labels are the free ones and the lavendar labels are the purchased ones. Just sayin.....

I just ordered 6 from Bob + 1 that I had lost. I received 5 bonus plants too.

I ordered:
Time To See
Raspberry Sickle
Dream Legacy
Heat of the Moment
Rose Storm
Pretty Gaudy
Schnickel Fritz (Replacement) He was going to send this one anyway

Extras:
Kachina Dancer
Desperado Love
Eye for Eye
Moon Match
Victorian Lace

I don't know that I would have ordered the freebies, but they are very healthy looking and very pretty daylilys. I just hope they make it, as it has been very very hot with the sun blasting everyday. It doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon. God, please give us some rain!

Riverview, MI(Zone 6a)

irisluvr0252,

Your order does look great. The plants are still so green and healthy looking. I'll have to try them out if I order any more -- maybe next year.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I love that "IF I order anymore" .......... is their a solution to this addiction so that we quit ordering??? If so, maybe you should share it Rherma10.

I am still waiting for one of mine that I just got from Blueridge to bloom....should be any day if the heat doesn't wipe it out completely!
Excited to see the new one bloom! I think it will be the only one of the new ones to bloom, but it will be a nice bonus.

Riverview, MI(Zone 6a)

gen2026....I mentioned the other day that I wanted to dig up a patch of grass that keeps dying in spots and we can't keep it growing and plant another bed there, but he poo-pooed that idea that it would take away from the play are for my grandson. I'll have to get creative in where I can fit in more plants -- I have definitely been thinking about it. :)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I know isn't that the problem..... we ALWAYS want more plants! It is definitely an addiction! I can have plants in pots that i don't have in the ground yet - but when I stop by Lowe's I STILL have to go to the garden section and look at more....or the catalogs come in the mail and I am picking out more things i love, or in the case of DLs I just keep adding and adding to my want list after seeing all the beautiful blooms here!! ^_^

Good luck with that new bed .................. might need to help that area with a little spill of roundup................might finish that grass off!! :)

kdawson. I buy Bob's DL on Ebay. Here is the link. He has great sales and that is when I buy. Those I got in April are blooming.

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Ridge-Daylilies-DAYLILY-STORE

Below are:
1] Stars in the Mist (Tet)
2] Electric Marmalade Magic (Tet)
3] Pink Ruffled Love (Dip)
4] Colorado Moon Flower (Tet) bonus

I am waiting for Forestlake Ragamuffin & Alexa Kathryn

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice, blomma!

I have still not received my order from him, and here it is almost July now. I will have to contact him.

Karen

Karen,
I contacted Bob yesterday and he said my order was sent Wednesday this week. However, I had to contact him today and ask for a tracking number. I ordered from him on Ebay.

You need to contact him to find out when he will ship.

I think I will be ordering more on LA from now on. I have my Forestlake Ragamuffin and Alexa Kathryn. I have wanted both for the last 2 years. Now I am happy.

Lilly

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I will contact him. I ordered from him on eBay as well.

Karen

Karen,
Contact him through Ebay. He is good at anwering promply. I got the tracking number and according to USPS my order will come tomorrow. We shall see.

Lilly

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Bob sent me a big order 2 years ago & they were hugh plants with gift plants, I was gone the day the plants came so my grandson thought he would do me a favor & plant them for me & when I got home he handed me a handful of tags that was on the roots & now I don't know which plant is which. (Thats why I don't have much hair left)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

That explained it ! LOL

This message was edited Jun 29, 2012 2:40 PM

Highland, UT(Zone 5a)

Grandkids are SO helpful. I hope you can figure it out when they bloom. :-)

Dorothy

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL! Too funny! I don't know what I would have done. He meant well, though.

Karen

Karen, my order is in Colorado. Hopefully tomorrow......

Lilly

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Good luck!

Karen

Karen, I got them on Saturday. Ordered 2 and he sent 3. Triple fans on what I ordered.

I ordered Forestlake Ragamuffin & Alexa Kathryn. These two I have wanted since I first laid eyes on them.

Gifts
Siberian Summmer
Javier
Lake Country Sunshine

Now I am happy.

Lilly

Thumbnail by
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Glad you got them!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice, blomma! They look great!

Karen

Thanks Karen. How about your order? Have you contacted Bob?

My son-in-law's flag flying proudly in the breeze. HAPPY 4TH TO ALL

Thumbnail by
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I have not contacted him. I've been so busy lately. I'm sure they'll come soon. He's probably fulfilling the northern customers' orders last, as they don't get as hot and have a later season.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I finally contacted Bob. Seems he had a death in the family, and my order got misplaced. He found it and made good on it. Got them the other day, and they are just fantastic, as always. Will have to take some pics. Got a lot of nice bonus plants. I'll post which ones another time.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Can't wait.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I have not gotten a chance to go through the order and write down all the bonus plants I got. I put them in water to soak, and tomorrow I will get them planted, along with all the other ones I got earlier that I have not planted yet. I weeded out the old veggie bed, which has no veggies this year, and they will go in there for now. Eventually I will be getting rid of old daylilies to make room for the new ones.

Here are the ones I got in the order, not counting the bonuses.

KICKIN CHICKEN
LAUGHING GIRAFFE
CARNIVAL IN MEXICO
FRANK MORRELL
CALYPSO GREEN
SPACECOAST DRAGON PRINCE
REIGNING KISSES
DEVIL'S MAGIC
ROSES IN SNOW
SEAL OF APPROVAL
CHINESE CHARIOT

Karen

Karen, you will love CHINESE CHARIOT. I got it from Bob 2 years ago. See below.

I hope he makes good his mistake of sending me 3 varieties instead of what I ordered. Many of the DL from him bloomed this year. Now going through and matching description with my photos. Whenever I purchase from him, I copied and paste into Word description of each. I also use Tinker's and AHS data base. I haven't contacted him yet since I still have varieties blooming for the first time. I will send him photos to show.

The yellow one pictured below is only 2" across. It was suppose to be FORSYTH COMANCHE which is melon pink with lots of ruffles. The height of the yellow below is barely 12". I have no use for it. Grrr...!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen you have a nice bunch there.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Mike.

Oh, I don't like short ones, either, unless they're minis, and that one sounds like it is. I especially don't like huge blooms on short scapes. So out of proportion. Anyhow, that yellow one is nothing to write home about, regardless of the height.

That Chinese Chariot looks really nice. I'm sure I'll love it.

Karen

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Blomma... just saw your picture of your new seedlings.. must be amazing to have so many daylilies growing! I can't imagine having so many .. I was happy to have about 20 growing in my yard. Unfortunately, I am now down to 2 thanks to the drought and watering restrictions... and a broken bubbler I was unaware of! We sneak and water at night but it is so hard to see and missed the broken head... my daylilies paid the price. All in front are dead and that is where most were planted... they were beautiful last year... I have two in the back yard that still get plenty water... and I am keeping it that way.

Thanks to everyone who shares their beautiful pictures... I love daylilies. Dad was weeding mom flowerbeds yesterday and managed to pull one of her daylilies.. I think I saved it! Got it back in the ground. Hope it survives... hope she does not notice.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

LahasaLover, sorry about the drought that is causing major problems for your plants. Hope that DL survive for you. Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.