June Weather- Everything is green!

Mountain View, HI

Rained most of the night, rained all day and "they" say it will rain tonight and tomorrow as well. Low foggy cloud at our elevation. Kind of a soaking misty rain, not a heavy downpour. Its just a combination of wet tradewinds, and our mountain slopes.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

93 DEGREES AT 5;15 in the garden ,one melon vine looks really good everything else is noticeably stressed. It has been sunny and hot all day ,cloudy now and it looks like it is getting ready to storm.still 21 days without rain.Winds are at storm speed 25 and gusting higher. humidity not as uncomfortable as past several days.

I hope it rains this time; I'm a praying it does. Goodness it's dry!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cooler with temps in the 80s for a high.

Daylily with allium seedhead.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Mountain View, HI

"They" were right. Grey all day and rain all this afternoon.

High 80s and sunny today. Not bad at all.

Prairie Sun Rudibeckia with coreoptis and hybrid coneflower who's name I have forgotten. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

pepper 23 Is that a milkshake coneflower in the lower left?I got one this morning and was wondering.

Weather here is about the same 80's hot with nice mornings and evenings,every so often a breeze that makes it as nice and comfy as could be. Still dry even after yesterday's rain. humid mornings. Breeze is about non existent

It's actually Meringue.

Mountain View, HI

Grey and wet this morning, rain stopped mid afternoon so just grey. Is this really mid June in Hawaii.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wet, muggy, not so hot though, we've not been over 88 degrees in nine days now, last weekend was so nice, low humidity, but then this tropical wave has been here for a few days now. Almost two inches of rain yesterday, more expected today, tomorrow and the next day. Should all clear out by Wednesday.

The frogs are making lots of joyous croaking.

This was the dawn a few mornings ago when a storm was coming in, I woke up and the whole house was pink, so grabbed my camera and ran out and got a shot before it was gone. I don't see colors like this very often.

Everybody stay cool, drink lots of water...can't believe how hot the country has been already.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Started out in the low 70s this morning and it took it's sweet time inching into the 90s. We had some rain come in this afternoon and it brought the humidity and heat with it. Can't hardly breathe outside it's so muggy.

Daylily

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

95 today sunny, air stagnant, no wind. nicer evening no rain, still hot.

Peppers Daylilly is prettier I'm a little jealous (SIGH) lol....

Yarrow

Thumbnail by juhur7
Mountain View, HI

Rained all day with briefly heavier rain this afternoon

Thank you for those wonderful photos everyone. Brightens the day

If it was big enough to split I would give you some to pair with your yarrow. That would be a neat combo. Yarrow, daylily and coreoptis. I just got it as a gift from someone last year. I actually forgot about it til it put on the bud. lol

Raining...still. Windy and a few small tornadoes have done some damage around the state but not here. Debby is a mild storm, but really dumping the rain down on some here. She seems to be lingering instead of moving on out. Rain gauge shows 4 inches since yesterday morning. West coast over ten inches.

(Zone 7a)

Send some of that rain this way, please? LOL

101º yesterday and 95º for today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Temps in low 90s for high but the humidity was so high you could choke on it. Made it hard to breathe. Now we have a breeze and humidity is way down.

Penny Lane bloom.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Mountain View, HI

Yesterday was not too bad. Sun came out and for a while life was good. A few light showers and a nice breeze. Almost changed back into shorts from jeans.

Today started off not too bad but by midday, just as I was leaving work in Hilo a large grey bank of cloud moved in from the ocean and by the time I got to run errands around Hilo it was blowing with a heavy misty rain. Now have grey skies and rain for the rest of the day. Cars driving around with headlights and the higher up the mountain we get the lower the cloud gets. Not complaining though. The forest is glowing with green moss and rain drop covered ferns of all sizes.

Stay safe all you folks in Florida.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Weather here is brutal, seems that way everywhere. Nice for a few minutes morning and evening though.
80 forecast for tomorrow then near 100 the remainder of the week.(BLAHHH)!! Like looking forward to misery!(YICK)
You all stay weather wise.

Thumbnail by juhur7

Only up to 79 yesterday, not as much rain but more wind. Lots of power outages, we can hear generators so just a few streets over no power. Guess we lucked out so far. Today up to 78°, windy and some rain. Debby is supposed to cut across the state just north of us...but she seems to be enjoying just hanging out on the west coast. We are on the east coast, inland about 28 miles.
However we greatly appreciate the six inches of rain she brought us. :)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

52°/86°/61°
Sunny. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.

Boy did I get behind!

We've been on the run, had the kids, all four, a lot, and I've been out to DD'd a lot. Then there were birthdays, anniversaries and a late graduation party.

We are still watering. The last bit of rain we got didn't last long.... again! I have one more nice day today to move more plants. I have some I potted for myself to be set back when I make room and more for the free pile. I brought everything and the sign back over so the property owners can mow. I hope they do pretty soon!

My garden is really looking good. The potatoes now have flowers, and the tomatoes and peppers have fruit set on. My Dad dug a few onions already. I got one last picking off the spinach and pulled it up. I foundas bag of very loooong sprouted potatoes in a cupboard. I planted them and a couple actually put up leaves, LOL! One was already growing tiny potatoes. All shriveled, but I keep them waterd so we'll see. These will be Russets. I'm eating beets and their greens and am watching the Brussels sprouts get bigger, LOL! Oh, and the peas put on a second crop, but I let the Grandsons pick and eat them.

We live trapped and relocated three large raccoons over the last couple of weeks. Luckily we have nice creeks in three directions so they should be able to relocate with no problem. A person really needs to take them 12 - 15 miles away so they don't return. I think once trapped tho they will not come back around.

It's been hot a few times, but mostly beautiful out. I'm moving plants and watering every day. Today is our last good day and then it's the 90's.

Thanks Adina,
We do hoe a lot!

Jeanne,
Glad your sister is better

Mike,
Laughing. I know I have the panarama but have never tried it yet. Love your results!
Awesome lily! How beautiful and exotic!

Pepper,
Lovely flowers and I adore! Penny Lane! She's exquisit!

Sun,
Nice rain!

We did get rain from those clouds :o)

Taters!

Thumbnail by billyporter Thumbnail by billyporter Thumbnail by billyporter Thumbnail by billyporter Thumbnail by billyporter

Still hot and still dry.

(Zone 7a)

Same here. Not AS hot but dry, dry ,dry.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yesterday some areas in Houston hit 105. Dry. Scattered thundered storms.expected today.

Still moving stuff, so thankful for the sunshine!

Temps reached just over 100 degrees today. We will continue to do that for next several days then just hover near that point. Very dry here also.

(Zone 7a)

85º for our high today. A pleasant change.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

94°/76°
Mainly clear. Warm. Low 76F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

It was hot today! I finally dug all the wilted, drying up and dried up astilbes, and transplanted them to the shade. They got a lot of water and I expect to see perky leaves tomorrow. This should have been done a lot earlier. I found one more I need to get.

Sunday we had a family reunion for DH's side. We always take my Dad :o)
We had the boys the night before, kept them after the reunion and took them home Monday. I stayed all day so DD could get the swimming pool set up without too many boys around to ''help.''

June is almost over. Boo hoo hoo. It's my favorite month.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

sunkissed............Beautiful! Nothing is prettier then a blue and pink sky!

Hi to all the old DGers!

early_bloomer

Mountain View, HI

rained on and off all day yesterday, grey and breezy

Rained most of the night, had heavy shower when waking up at 5.30am.

Today was passing frequent showers heavy at times, still breezy with just occasional glimpses of blue sky. Forecast is for the same frequent shower pattern to last through Friday. That means that down in Hilo at sea level its partly cloudy with showers and as we progress up to our 2200ft level we become mostly low clouds and frequent showers all day. Garden is squelching under foot with visible puddles in low spots. Should not be this way in June.

Mid 60s at night and high 70s during the day. I think I prefer this to 100+ degrees.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 inches of rain in Florida , 110degrees in Kansas, Dry mostly every else, even with some rain in the southwest.Mother certainly is having a word a two.

billyporter;There was a raccoon standing on the other side of the screen door only inches from me when you were talking about yours.You have to be careful of them here as they are very friendly.

As for me I'm playing beat heat.up early, to sleep early.Too, too, hot! under that daytime sun for me.
Forecast for 102 degrees today,was near 90 yesterday. not much wind maybe a 3mph off and on .Lower humidity is making the dry effect increase.Still only 3/100 dreths for June as far as rain here.

pepper23; I have the parent plants of your Daylilly, Trying to make some seeds.Takes a while with those it does.

.sunkissed; That was a pretty sky pic I hadn't seen any in a while(live view I mean) A relative was talking about drying her car after retrieving it down your way.Had an aunt and uncle that lived at Fort Meyers beach years ago. All the houses up on poles(self explanatory lately)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi Early!!
Always good to see another old timer :o)

Oh Mike,
I'd love to have your rain!

Ju,
That made me smile! Since raccoons are the biggest carriers of rabies, I never want to make a pet out of them. To me wildlife needs to stay wild. That's why we have dogs and cats :o)
Oh, that reminds me. I have seed pods on tulips and a couple other flowers opening, and I want ot catch the seed before it drops. I will be going out in the heat after all, LOL! I knew I would. I can't stay inside all day as long as the sun shines.

We ran to town this morning and got home early. It's 103° on the screened in porch, but only 95° outside right now. I watered a few things and came in. I needed to catch up on recording the plants I've moved around so I don't forget to water them. Now I have to water one I forgot!

Stay cool everyone!

First time I ever saw the oriole in a birdbath.

Thumbnail by billyporter Thumbnail by billyporter
Mountain View, HI

Billyporter - I love that pic of the Oriole leaving the birdbath

Kwanjin - Great orange dragonfly. We have green ones and red ones but haven't seen one for months.

Still raining folks

Very dry and very hot. Well over 100 degrees for a high and still in the 90s now. Our grass is still partly green but crunchy.

I was talking to a friend earlier and I told him that if this keeps up Colorado won't be the only ones fighting fires. We will too. We are in a moderate drought if I caught the right part of the news. Dry enough that my coneflowers are drooping.

(Zone 7a)

LOVE the Oriole pics!!! Those are great!

We have gold dragonflies and blue ones and brown ones. I've never seen the orange one before, either.

100º again today. Blahhhhhhhh...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

106 DEGREES yep, that is a real temp. not an index, over 100 forecast for today. Saying winds were 17 with 25 mph gusts or more but I never saw or felt any here. Thought I lived in the cold north? Humid, uncomfortable.

Wonderful wildlife pic's folks!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

At 3pm it was100 degrees, NOW, it is 70 degrees and pouring down rain?!!! That's right ,first time since MAY ,OH!!!!YEAH!!!! Thunderstorm none the less!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

76°/70°
Thunderstorms likely this evening. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms overnight. A few storms may be severe. Low near 70F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Thanks Mike,
I was suprised to see I had it when I downloaded pictures :o)
If you have mosquitos you will have all kinds of dragonflies.

Pepper,
My coneflowers seem to droop every year, but this is the driest year we've had for a few years.

Celia,
But such a positive picture of the sky!

Ju,
I'm glad you are cooled down and getting rain. I hope we see some tonight. So far it all shifted north, but we had a really nice 3/10'' this morning. I thanked God because I prayed for rain.

DD called yesterday in the heat of the day. She had a chance to go on a semi run with her DH. Could we take the kids overnight? All of them? So, the twins had their first over-nighter and did very well. I must say two small babies take up as much room as the two older boys when they were two and four! They will be spending another night in a week or so. I think DD got over any ''fear'' that they would wake up and miss her, LOL!

No rain and still over 100 for highs.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yesterday that 100 was Really 104 degrees, there is lightning and thunder right now as it brews up another storm,about 70 degrees and feels a little cool after as hot as it's been.
As I type now it just started pouring down rain,yesterday it was a little uncomfortable for four the four or five hours that the power had gone out. I hope we can forego things like that.
I kinda enjoy the wind ,thunder, and lightning this time of year when its this gets this hot.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

68°/94°/69°
Areas of dense morning fog. Widely scattered showers or a thunderstorm this morning. Then partly cloudy. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%

Pepper,
I feel for you.
We ended up with a total of 6/10'' of much needed rain. But we'll steam today.

Ju,
We could have had winds like that last night, but I put all the chairs and tables away. When I do that we don't get the wind, LOL! Power out was one thing I hoped didn't happen, altho it did cool off pretty fast.
I like a good storm too as long as there is no danger of damage :o)

Mountain View, HI

The weather started to clear up abit yesterday. A bit drier in the afternoon. Last night must have had quite a bit of rain judging by condition of the ground.

This morning is just great. Cloud clear away about 7.30am, sun came out and its been a beautiful, partly cloudy day but no rain. Ground is still very soft and will be for a day or so but at least was able to cut the driveway grass.

Looking forward to a couple of days of normal weather. Even the water lilies are trying to hold their heads up

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.