June Weather- Everything is green!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Up to 92 today/low 74° should be sunny, slight chance of thunderstorm. We were on vaca in south Florida all last week, it rained four inches here at our house during the week. Luckily we just had cloudy weather and no rain there.

Some cloudy pictures of Sanibel Captiva Island and Ft. Myers Beach where we were vacationing for our 30th anniversary. The clouds kept the temperatures in the mid to upper 80's and lots of good breezes...we were delighted...since it poured all day everyday back home here. Garden looks great!

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sunkissed; My aunt and uncle lived in Ft. Meyers Beach some years ago,it was nice then.Happy Anniversary even if late,and it was more than thirty years ago since I was there

88degrees here,mild 5to8 mph breeze ,humid still,no rain. Comfortable but a little hot when the sunshines,a few clouds making it real nice every so often.

Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Low 90s for high, humid and breezy. The breeze isn't helping much. Might have chance of rain tomorrow. I sincerely hope we get some. Need it so bad!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are getting a thunderstorm with heavy rain right now. Windy as well.

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful morning, a little sun, a little cloud and then about 2pm light rain

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Low 80s mostly sunny,no rain,wind steady at about 5mph.humid still. Mostly hot and dry overall.

Thumbnail by juhur7

Strong storms overnight brought much needed rain, though not enough. Temps today only got into the low 80s but it is very muggy so it feels alot hotter.

Mountain View, HI

light misty rain in the morning and then partly cloudy and humid hot in the afternoon. We are losing our tradewinds and looking forward to some muggy weather over the next few days. Ground is still very wet so plants will be OK for a while but its tough on the pots in the greenhouses.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ended up with 8 tenths of inch of rain. Just right.
Sunny, cool & windy today.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Yesterday was the first day in seven it didn't rain. The creeks are flowing like rivers...a week ago you walk in them.

Sunny today up to 92 they say, but it hasn't made it that high past two days. 71 this morning. 30% chance of rain.

(Zone 7a)

No rain for us for awhile. 85º for today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well my evening thermometer reading 84 degrees at 5.35. LIGHT wind 3 TO 5 MPH .wind is approximation.humid ,sunny, hot. 13 Days without rain and none forecast.(foreboding).

To those with floods and storms,look after yourself,As I hear of many you in such predicaments.

High around 80 today and very nice and coolish feeling. No complaints here!! Except we need more rain. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice late spring evening 76 degrees at 7pm. breeze so slight it would be difficult to measure. mosquitoes are dreadful!!
NO RAIN ,getting very dry. DAY 14, May 31st half inch the last. HUMID still.

Highs today in the low 80s. Hot in the sun, cool in the shade. Nice day all in all. No breeze though.

Mountain View, HI

Light or no wind, plenty of sunshine and slightly humid. Really not much weather.

Drove around the island yesterday to visit Costco. Found low cloud blowing through the trees with mist in Waimea at about 3000 ft level and light showers in the winding road through the forest on the way back down the other side of the island. Round trip is 220 miles. As usual though, where Costco is in Kona it was HOT and more like Waikiki with tourists and a cruise boat in the harbor. I don't like Kona.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

lots of gusty winds today off and on ,quiet now with the slightest breeze ,about 85 degrees now ,saw a couple running around this afternoon that said 91 and 88 degrees.hot, sunny, dry ,no rain, nice evenings and days in the shade.day 14 without rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

89 DEGREES at 5 pm sunny hot and clear , community broadcasts 6mph winds, about the same as a while. no rain, not any of the plants seem bothered ,all looking rather well for as bright and sunny with 50's nightime. 70 degrees forecast for tonight.
microb; That sounds like a pretty drive!! Scenery must be incredible!! The micro climate sounds interesting also,tropical paradise climates must be facinating. I have never been to any tropical climates,maybe someday(sigh)

We get a few plants that give us a idea of what that might be like, only the Imagination tells us there is much more.

Thumbnail by juhur7

Hot but low humidity. Scattered showers around the area but it all skipped us. We need the rain and we need it before the 4th otherwise no fireworks this year. It's been that dry.

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful day. Tradewinds have returned and that humidity has disappeared.

Juhur7 - yes we have to pinch ourselves and realize how lucky we are. On the other hand the grass is green on both sides of the fence. You can grown things we cannot and the mainland has scenery we admire. I did take some road shots on Wednesday, not the best but might give you a bit of an impression of some of the scenery.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Th first one reminds me of the eastern Mountain region on the mainland. I haven't seen anything in my experience like the second. Brings to mind FUN!!!
Someplace between 94 and 99 degrees currently, sunny, dry,2to3 mph wind, same as none in this heat, WOW!!!
Day 16 without rain.Still very humid though.You could just about wade through the dew this morning.

Hot and humid this morning and afternoon with temps in the high 80s. A small storm system rolled thru here around 4-5pm and gave us some much needed rain and dropped the humidity down a bit.

One of my containers. Armesia and salvia.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hot, mostly sunny, today ,missed the temperature reading .The forecast was 87degrees and I am sure it made that and then some, still humid only not as has been recently. no rain, day 17. Boooooooooooooo........................

(Zone 7a)

Another 100º day.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

9O DEGREES!!!! WINDS 10 TO 20, EASY TO GET SUNBURNED, dry Still no rain day 18. sunny,
pepper23: looks villa, forbidden city, or monastary No I think I like "peppers porch palace"

kwanjin: When that get to say maybe,14 days of 100 degree days,maybe we will see your area on the news. I lived near Salt lake City for a year, way up on the side of a mountain. Loved the sunsets,the views were awsome. and so is that photo of "yorn" "nice pic man, "really."

Hottest day of the year so far. 96 for a high. Was gonna go play at a dog park today but changed my mind. Going in the morning instead.

I need to get a face shot of my deck there. lol. According to my cats I have too many pots there. lol.

Royal Sunset Oriental Lily still blooming it's heart out. Gotta be the best lily I own. Never seen one bloom for so long before.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Mountain View, HI

Windy today - 15-30mph with some areas forecast to get 50mph. Where we are its probably 15-25mph but that is much breezier than we are used to. Dry and partly sunny with the wind. Rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

Your mainland temps make me uncomfortable. I just cannot imagine living somewhere with high 90s and 100+.

Thats a great sunset Kwanjin
Nice Lily, Pepper

I purchased an unusual Lily Saturday from Farmers Market. Have not downloaded the photo yet by will share. Probably put it on DG Forum it have it ID'd.

Mike

We had wind today also. Gusts up to 35 mph with sustained winds at 20-25 mph. Will be the same tomorrow.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

90+ today no wind early. Light breeze later.
We were lucky, working on a remodel project. House has central air.
Crops are growing like crazy. Picked 21 pints of strawberries tonight. We get that 3 times a week.
We put bird netting over them, finished today. Sure did help. Birds are baffled!

(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the compliment. About where did you live, Juhur?

Yes, we're going to be hot this year for sure.

Pepper, I think we're getting your winds a day earlier.

Bernie, LOL! I can just see the confused little things.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Mountain View, HI

Rain over night and early morning. wind backed off to a nice breeze and the sun has come out. Looks like being a nice day.

Here is the Lily I mentioned. I will go to the DG forum and post for an ID. I've never seen anything like it before.

Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IT wind around 8to10sw low 90s haven't checked my garden thermometer in a day or two, feels like 100, index is getting near. humid air . still dry though. no rain; day 19 and a half

kwanjin; far eastside of Saelt lake city about 35 minutes from dowtown. Everything was bigger and farther out west..

microb; those are some nice ""orchid lilly""? We have very few to compare,and it is even more rare for the flowers to look that good.

pepper23; Cannot remember any lillies ever blooming that way at all. Most of mine did not bloom this year. Couple of stargazers in the garden that might still
The cats will complain at you to bring them back if you move them; you know cats,We don't care if we like them or not ....those are ours now!!

Hot but cooler than yesterday with temps only reaching around 90 and still pretty windy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

93º today with no clouds & 40mph wind. Lovely day! Ha-ha!

I stole your clouds. LOL. Nice big fluffy white clouds that provided no relief. lol

Mountain View, HI

Afternoon turned out to be wet and dreary.

Thanks to a DG member, Lily turned out to Tigridia Pavonia. Come in lots of different colors and :( are available on ebay!!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That sure is a pretty tigridia too! (GrowwwwLLLLL)(LOL)!!

Hot with temps around 90 and still windy. Rain coming in overnight hopefully.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

SUNNY!!! Nice breezes today, miserably hot, about 94 the high, still humid, Day 20 no rain, getting kinda dry now. Really too hot to do much in the garden.Planted five oat grass plants though, wore me down! Too Too HOT!!!

kwanjin; Where it said hill and then it was a full mile almost straight down to Salt Lake,Yeah, I know a few jokes about that too..

pepper23; Your lillies look nice too,didn't want to leave you out, just kinda got by me a minute or two.We don't get all that many tropical flower type looking blooms,it was nice of you to share them with us.Well are the cats getting shade on the porch deck,or are they still gonna get even with you. (Are they eyeing you like something is in mind).Cats always have something going,it just is that nobody has an easy time guessing what that maybe.

They only get mad when they want to eat or drink on the table. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.