June Weather- Everything is green!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for June. Hoping everyone has a bountiful crop & beautiful flowers.

(Zone 7a)

Sunny and 75º. No breeze...it's lovely out.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Windy 15 to 25 mph, 53 degrees , cold it is, cloudy.
I was reading the DG article about Japaneese beetles for June and July. If it would stay like this I would never see them,I wouldn't see any summer either!.I don't usually see any until the temperatures stay high 80's for a few weeks.From the forecast maybe it will be July or August before I see any of '"THEM"
A lot like the mind playing ""GOOD THING BAD THING" it is.

Mountain View, HI

Brisk trade winds continue. A few more showers today and tomorrow but still around 80f and not too humid. Tomorrow is the weekend already, Yeah

Having a garage sale stall at the local farmers market tomorrow to try and sell some "stuff". Expect to bring most of it home again.
Anyone want to buy 1970's Aloha Shirts for $15 - Like new. Might take some bromeliad pups along for $1 a piece.

Like all those doggie pics from everyone.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in the low 70s and partly cloudy most of the day.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hey everyone! Thanks for the good words and encouragement. The rains are more like showers now but still everyday. The sun comes out more and it's getting warmer. 72F today!!

Adina

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Clear 53° RealFeel® 56°

Later on, will be around 82F and will be maybe T-storm tonight around 63F....

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy with wind 20-30 mph comfortable day, nice, about 70 degrees

Mountain View, HI

Winter has returned. Rained all night and continued to mid afternoon. Now sunny. Windy, misty moderate rain was going almost horizontal at the Farmers Market this morning. Still a good turn out but barely got above 68f. Everyone in rain jackets. Small amount of wind damage on Maui yesterday.
Waded through water in the duck pen to pick up eggs.

Highs in the low 80s and sunny today. Had a nice breeze going so it didn't feel that bad outside today.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

78°/61°
Next 6 hours
Partly cloudy with temperatures falling into the mid 60s. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Today's High was 82°F at 2:05pm when conditions were Partly Cloudy.
Tonight: Scattered T-Storms

Busy busy here.
I have been getting spinach in the freezer. Pulled all the radish and now we're eating peas. I hilled the potatoes today after I watered them. I planted 30 and only two haven't come up yet.

The rainwater didn't go very far so we've been watering, but can now select what really needs it instead of everything.

I've been walking the flower beds over and over till I've gottten all the obvious weeds. The larkspur went nuts and I love every plant!

Yesterday the town had the city wide yard sale. I walked over to the neighbor's because her kids are as skinny as my oldest grandkid. I found pants and shorts for him. Yayyy! Being the oldest, he has no hand me downs.

High in the high 70s and a bit humid. No breeze at all today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

partly cloudy today had been, 5 to 15 mph breezes, calm and quiet now,no breeze ,70 degrees,humid,sticky feeling.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

64°/82°/59°
Isolated thunderstorms during the morning hours, then skies turning partly cloudy during the afternoon. High 82F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Peas and potatoes :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sally, those peas look delicious! Mine are only booming right now, far behind! The garden looks so tidy ,, no wonder you were so busy!
I could go inside the veggie garden and weed yesterday, after so much rain we've had.
It's sunny and hot, 85F.

Adina

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Was sunny today,felt hot, "the tv.people" said 78 was the high, but it felt much hotter like about 86. Got windy and cloudy a few times towards this evening like it was going to rain,only never happened.60's forecast for tonight.

Mountain View, HI

High Pressure to the North East bringing brisk trade winds. Strange upper level lower rotating just east of us and moving our way. Wish it would make its mind up to come our way and then move off to the west. Otherwise just disappear. The upper low just brings more frequent and heavier trade showers. Last week Thursday the weather folks thought it would move over us by Sunday and now they say progress has slowed and maybe it will be here tomorrow. During all this wait and see time we keep getting frequent showers. What happened to summer.

Fresh cut Gladiolus in a vase on the dining table. I seem to have found the right spot. Next year I give them more TLC and get them to grow straighter. This first year I'm happy to get good blooms. Looks like all 56 bulbs will bloom.

(Zone 7a)

That's going to be quite the show!

My weather station at home said we hit 99.8º yesterday. 75º at 8:30am.

Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

kwanjin: that's hot!!!!

Cloudy, nice, still looks like rain only It's not going to.70 degrees at 5pm,light breeze 5 to 10 mph The breeze is mostly 15 feet above ground level.

(Zone 7a)

And I think it's only going to get hotter. It's only the first week of June, for goodness sakes.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

kwanjin; Brings to mind plant stress, people stress ,animal stress, planet stress, atmospheric stress, self stress,....yeah well....hello July.....hi ya August......

Mountain View, HI

Nice day today, wind has dropped, just about 80f with some sun. Maybe thunderstorms this afternoon on the mountain slopes as upper low passes over and moves away tomorrow. Ground is still very wet after over nite showers. Makes gardening difficult.

Kwanjin - I promise not to complain about our heat. We never get over 90f. I cannot imagine 99+. Is a dry heat?

Volcano is playing up again. 3.6 and 3.0 quakes this morning (we did not feel them) plus yesterday there were over 30 small quakes too small to be felt but 11 were shallow and focused near a camp ground on a fault line in the National Park. So this morning rangers went out looking for new cracks in the earth but nothing so far.

Thumbnail by microb

Mid 80s for a high and humid. A little breeze is going so it feels good in the shade.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We have reached the 90's/ We really could use some rain.........but, none today.

My sister will be dismissed from rehab on Thurs. You can read the newest over on the prayer forum.

Please continue to pray for her.

Thanks,

Jeanne

(Zone 7a)

Mike, yes, a very dry heat. That's the only blessing. I think we may see many days over 100º this year.

A very welcome cool front came through today. We went from 78º to 55º. The clouds blew out so fast we were about to see Venus cross the sun and get a couple of pics before the sun went down.

Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny & warm again today, high of 85º.
Awful small spot.

(Zone 7a)

Awfully big Sun. ^_^

66º for the high today. Maybe warmer. Sunny and calm.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kwanjn; I remember being taught how difficult that can be to do,good pic, How about I "rip ya off" for a poster,while I keep that book marked.Solar photos are "cool man' (that should be a "hot one").

Warm and sunny 80 or so, mostly light breezes 2 or 3 mph, no rain, none forecast.

While I was walking the rows in the garden day before yesterday and a bird let go above me and "it" splattered on my forearm.That made me think to your bird photos just now,I thought you might like a laugh about that. I'm to light of mind somtimes(lol)

Mid 80s, sunny and not humid. All in all a nice day.

(Zone 7a)

Too light of mind? Never. Light mind, light heart...you'll live longer.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Short lived thunderstorm woke us at 4 AM.
High today, 85º

Mountain View, HI

Its one of those gorgeous Hawaiian Mornings you dream about. Sunny, white puffy clouds against a dark blue sky and a gentle trade breeze. Still wet under foot, but hey, I can live with that. Supposed to be like this all through the weekend. But warmer.

Just discovered the Panorama switch on my camera.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was 88 degrees here an hour ago and still climbing, clouds are cooling that as to heat index now though, well... .dry ,hot, more of the same expected.Only thing is 50's low60's at night are sometimes really nice.

I saw a forecast about that same hour ago that said 77 with a high of 80,I'm not gonna tell ya all what my first "thought wit" was when I saw that and ,finish that with NO WAY!!!!!

My thermometer in the garden says 87 currently.

A very nice day today!! Highs in the low 80s and sunny with the perfect breeze.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

5pm my thermometer says 90 degrees, sunny ,hot, dry, with humidity rising. As to the garden this is ....fungus, fungus tra la la .. Would add music if I knew how?!!

High 80s and humid. Not much of a breeze either. Will be worse tomorrow.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We finally got rain......same night I watered......naturally!

Jeanne

I think we hit 90 but not sure. I didn't notice the heat much today. It felt same as yesterday to me. I had my hands full with my truck. Tire going flat and going fast!! lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Pepper, do you have a Discount tire in your area? We get all of our tires there and buy the road hazard. It has really paid so far. Thev've replaced a few over the years for free.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

My computer crashed last night,back together now. 94 DEGREES AT 5.45PM no wind calm in the 80's now.Getting really humid 89 forecast for tomorrow, IT will get mid 90's if it stays as usual,no rain. Really hot to index.

part 2 musical...... fungus.....fungus......fungus......tra,la,la,...la-----la,la.....la.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.