CLOSED: June Birthday Club

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
We had a Siamese cat when I was in junior high. Had to be careful if he was in a playful mood when he was under the covers, though. If you moved, he'd pounce on whatever moved... Pretty funny if you had covers between him and your toes, but not so fun if he was under the covers with your toes! :) Sure loved him a lot!
Bet all the cat pics look neat :)
Michelle

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Michelle that is exactly what Pely does. She loves to play with feet under the covers and she has got me good a couple of times. It's sort of our morning ritual.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Do bring your binder to the RU, Neener.
I'm tempted to bring some kittens 0:)

June 9, 1953 Patent #2,641,545 was granted to John Kraft for the "manufacture of soft surface cured cheese".

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Don't do it, because they'll all end up coming home with me. I'd get shot for sure. :0) Bet they are all "growed up" by now.

We thought two of the little buggers were adopted. Both folks changed their minds. All four will go to the no-kill shelter this week with a case of food. They are eating machines!

1952 The polyester film MYLAR was trademark registered.
1902 A patent for the "window envelope" for letters was granted to H.F. Callahan.

Gladstone, OR

Sounds like great fun :) I'd love to join!

Hi there, I've just send a D-mail to you. Please respond to it with the info I need to get you signed up. Thanks!

OK peeps, we officially have a July birthday now :)

Welcome to DG, kohndr (Kobi) and to our little but fun birthday group!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ack! Chris I have lost and found again the cards and postage from . . . .. :/

If I was smart (!) I'd do what Char did and say I just ain't cut out for it. But I'm going to get over this aversion to sending cards - it's my mother's fault I tellya!!!

Drat.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Welcome Kobi! Glad to have you here!

Fruity and Crystal, I just received your beautiful cards! Thanks so much!
Crystal, please tell me what the black seeds are?

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Welcome Kobi. This is a good place to be.

Enjoy it, LK!

June 11, 1895 -- Charles Duryea patented a gasoline powered automobile.

Welcome Kobi. Hey everyone Sorry I have not been around. We are really putting in dawn to dusk working on the cabin. I rarely am able to get the dial up to work right. So it is hard to catch up with you all.

Got to go,,,, no rest for the weary here....

Gladstone, OR

Wow, thanks everyone for the friendly welcome :)

Good Morning!

June 12, 1928 -- The brightly colored, candy-coated, licorice candy, Good and Plenty was trademark registered.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

taters, the black seed are blackberry lilies. I thought I labeled. Sorry. They are tough as nails and after they get going they take care of themselves. the flowers just last about a day each, but there are lots, so they are pretty for a while, then followed by these pretty black seed.

Oh, they are so pretty! I will get them planted, and hopefully have some blooms next year?
Thanks so much!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Only two days left to get in on our Old, New, Borrowed, Blue swap. It is a little different approach because you can only send 4 things. We have a great group already, come on over!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1261043/

Hi, all.
Kobi, welcome to the birthday club! Glad you could join us. Where abouts is Gladstone, Oregon?
LK, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hoping you have a wonderful, special day. :)
Neener, our cat used to pounce on my dad's foot as he moved it around beneath the covers. Fortunately for him, there were lots of covers between him and the cat. It was quite funny to listen to them play! Fun memories :)
Better go for now :) Take care, everyone! I'll stop by again after I finish my reading for book club :)
Michelle

Athens, PA

Welcome Kobi! This is fun bunch, no doubt you will have a good time.

Happy Birthday Linda! Hope your day is extra special.

Happy Birthday, LK! Hope you're doing something fun for yourself.

June 13th, 1944 -- Patent #2,351,004 was granted to Marvin Camras for the magnetic tape recorder.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthay LK!!!!!!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday to a very special lady. Linda we, (Ray & Me) hope your day will be extra special.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday LK. I hope it was a fun one. Sorry to be so late. Been gone since early AM.

Thanks everyone! Spending a few days on the beach in Corpus Christie!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Sounds like a great time - I sure hope you have a nice trip for your birthday. :)

Gladstone, OR

Happy birthday Linda :) I know I haven't been here long enough to get to know everyone but I hope to soon.

Hope you had a great day!!

Thumbnail by kohndr

Wow, LK, that sounds wonderful. My kind of vacation too.

June 14, 1927 -- George Washington Carver received a patent for a process of producing paints and stains.

Well my internet crashed and it cannot get up...sigh. At the library now, but no pics to post,,sigh. We called LK yesterday and sang happy birthday...lol. The kids had lots of fun singing,,,

Linda your cards should be there when you get home!!

Hugs to all.....

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Elfie give your Internet a little blue pill. That will help to get it back up again. :0)

Hi, all.
I finished my reading very late last night :) Good book... I was reading "Lasting Impressions" by Tamera Alexander. If you like reading historical fiction, you'd enjoy it.
LK, sounds like you're having a lovely vacation :)
Elfie, sorry to hear your internet is down! I'm hoping you can get it back to work soon! That was cool giving LK a call and all singing Happy Birthday. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun :)
Well, should go for now. Have a great Friday!
Michelle

Gladstone, OR

Juanita you're making me laugh! I work at a drug rehab center and one of our patients left a bunch of stuff in the lobby including some ExtenZe pills...will that work?? I was thinking about seeing how they'd work on my plants :)

We are back home, and we had a great time! A little on the red side, but not too badly sunburned.

What a whirlwind day that started with the groomer's call around 8 asking if I could be there earlier than the appointment time. Now you know that just made my day that early with an hour's drive down there. We made it though. Mickey and I stopped at Lowe's, wasn't about to leave him in the hot car, and what should have taken 5 minutes to pick up light bulbs turned into 30 with people stopping to pet him. Course I strolled through the garden center but didn't grab one single plant.

June 15, 1844 -- Charles Goodyear was granted patent #3,633 for vulcanized rubber.

Faye, I got your wonderful card today. Thank you so much!

Any pictures of the beautiful furr baby?

This message was edited Jun 15, 2012 5:24 PM

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Linda you are more than welcome.

June 16, 1968 -- Lee Trevino is 1st to play all 4 rounds of golf's U.S. Open under par.

Happy Father's Day.

June 17, 1980 -- Atari's "Asteroids" and "Lunar Lander" are the first two video games to be copyright registered.

June 17, 1935 -- ROLLS-ROYCE was trademark registered.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.