Luncheon June 30, 2012 in North Little Rock, AR

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Door Prize Time!

Sarah got a frog and flower spatula. Let me know if it works, Sarah.

Thumbnail by duckmother

Kathy Ann got 2 GIANT coffee mugs...okay they are small planters.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2012 6:51 PM

Thumbnail by duckmother Thumbnail by duckmother

Marilyn got a big coffee mug, too ;o)) Also a wind chime, violet and a box of miracle grow.

Thumbnail by duckmother Thumbnail by duckmother Thumbnail by duckmother

Crissy got a gardening book and a gardening sign for when she gets her new house!

Thumbnail by duckmother Thumbnail by duckmother

Loretta got a birdbath/feeder.

Thumbnail by duckmother

And my friend, Sandy, which is not a gardener but does love birds; got a boot birdhouse and 2 bars of KA's soap. One was the last bar of gardeners soap KA had...I may have to steal it from Sandy! Then off to Hobby Lobby we went...

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Everyone looks great! Sorry I missed seeing everyone but I've had a great week my grandsons!! They leave at 6:15 pm tomorrow so we have time to do some stuff tomorrow. I feel so fortunate that they do truly enjoy spending time with me. Even through they live all the way across the country I probably get to spend almost as much time with them as folks who have grandkids that live close by Rather than seeing them for an hour or so, I get to spend lots of one on one time with them. I'll be with the whole family for a week in August!

Looking forward to our next get together!

Can you all believe this weather! We thought we had a hot summer last year! This terrible heat started in June this year - don't see any relief in sight!! We may not have any plants to garden with if this keeps up!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm glad you are having fun with your grandkids Charlotte. I hope to be as fortunate as you with my future grandkids. I have to pull a few fingers and put them in pots because I can't keep them watered enough. I hope this helps. I have already lost quite a few things.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte you are blessed to get to spend so much quality time with them! I sure pray that I get to spoil my grandkids and spend lots of time with them if I ever get any!! :)

Yesterday evening I left my house about 5:30 headed to my sister's house to do her watering..............and when I pulled out of my driveway the temp in my vehicle was reading 106!!! IT was sweltering outside! By the time I had driven about 5 miles, raindrops started hitting the windshield and the temp had dropped 15 !!! degrees. I couldn't believe it! By the time I reached her house, the temp had dropped to 86 and it felt NICE! Amazing how quickly it dropped and how good 86 felt! We spent over an hour watering at her house, and then came back home and watered too - but at least the temperature was so much nicer! I am hopeful since it rained on the 1st that July will bring more rain........we got a little sprinkle this morning and the temps are still pretty nice! It is such a relief to the extreme heat of the past couple of weeks!!

Genna

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna you lucky dog, we got no rain up here and it's still just as hot. BLAH! It was great seeing you girl!!

Now it looked to me like everyone has lost weight!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Our rain didn't amount to enough to settle the dust but the drop in temperature was wonderful! Yesterday was a LOT better as well..... today, it is getting pretty warm out there again!

Was good to see you too Crissy! Hope you get your issues resolved soon and can get back to your home!
Genna

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for hosting us, Kim and Geoff! Geoff is a really good sport to stick around and cook for his "harem". I'm sure any man would love to be flipping burgers in this heat for his wife's gardening friends! LOL

It was great to see everybody again--it's been too long! It took me four hours to get down to Kim's and only 3 1/2 hours to get back home. Of course, I didn't get behind any slowpokes on the way home plus I didn't detour by Ed's Bakery in Conway on the way home, either. :o) I did, however, eat two cream cheese brownies and two of those mini-cupcakes on the way home. Talk about pigging out! "burp" (big grin here)

We haven't had a drop of rain but, listen, do I hear thunder in the distance? Sure hope the rain makes it over our way!

I do have a couple photos of Kim on my Iphone which I will try to post on Facebook. My Iphone is very slow here at the house in spite of the fact that there are about 5 cell phone towers within a few miles of us in any direction. grrrrr

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn I have a photo transfer app on my iphone and I love it!! Use it all the time. I told Sandra about it and she got it and really likes it. All you have to do is open the app on your phone, select the photos you want to download and it will give you an address to put in the address bar and it does the download in seconds. Once you get it downloaded you can edit if you want. Well worth the 2.99.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-transfer-app/id365152940?mt=8

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I keep thinking I'm gonna get that app, but for now I'll just plug my ipod up to the puter and download my photos that way, you can do that too Marilyn.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You can even upload photos from your computer to your iphone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.