Luncheon June 30, 2012 in North Little Rock, AR

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OIC...what I meant to say was...you better be here missy crissy ;o))

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

And guess what?? I will be with y'all!! WHEW thank goodness for nasty divorces and the inability to leave town because of them! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sorry I'm going to miss all the fun! Grandsons and I are doing different things this year! Today we went to an auction. They had never been to one and really had fun. I bought a few things that I really didn't need (but didn't spend much money) just so they would have the fun of getting to bring something home. I told them it was up to them as how long we stayed. They actually stayed two hours which I thought was pretty good. We're going bowling tonight. Tomorrow we're going pawn shop hopping and then having lunch in Scott at the hubcap hamburger place. They've never been to a pawn shop before either. I'm broadening their horizons!! LOL

Charlotte that's awesome! I love pawn shopping, you can find some really cool stuff in those.

Cotham's? I love their food!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Cotham's! Couldn't think of it before. We just got back from bowling and had some blackberry cobbler! I didn't do as bad as I thought I might considering I hadn't bowled in I don't remember how many years. One of the auctions shows came on tv tonight and they were like "yes" that's how it works. So excited that they had actually been to an auction! Got us a list of pawn shops to go to tomorrow!

Sounds like tons of fun! I would tell you to by the toltec mounds while you are out that way, but it is sooo hot! I went outside at 7 this morning and started watering. It took about 1 1/2 hours and I already need another shower! Last night we worked in the yard and watered and the temp was 102! I certainly hope Mother Nature allows us to have some rain! Good thing Jeff is grilling the burgers tomorrow ;o)

I cannot wait to see everyone tomorrow! I have everything ready...I think. Charlotte, if you and the boys are over this way tomorrow and would like to stop by for dessert, come on!

WooHoooooo I gotta go home and bake that cake tonight! Don't let me forget, that wouldn't be good lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim we've been to Toltec before. All through the museum - walked all over the grounds - down to the lake. We were probably right at Holly's house. Trouble is they have been here every summer for a long time and we've done just about everything. They are in the true "teenage" years right now and have gotten too old to do some things. So I'm trying to think up some different things this year that will keep us out of this heat! They are not into heat! They used to get up early but like true teenagers they now sleep late.

They are so excited about going to the pawn shops!LOL They don't even have any pawn shops in their town. So this is a big deal for them! I have a list of about 5 we're going to today. They are all in North Little Rock. Most of the ones in Little Rock are in areas I don't want to go to!

We're going down to the Rivermarket Sat and don't know what we'll do yet from there.

Sat night I have tickets to Tim Hawkins. He does a comedy routine and sings.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I still don't know what I am bringing.... had meant to bring a fresh apple cake - and still might, but I would have preferred to have baked it last night because it always tastes better after it sits - but I forgot the apples at the store!! :( So I will see what I remember to pick up today! I have to go back to my sisters and water for her - that takes me over an hour, then I have to come home and water which is about an hour and half ..... so it may boil down to time as well. I have about 15 more DLs that I HAVE to get in the ground tonight. Jessica and I were out till almost 9 planting some last night. I waited til later to go out because it was SO hot..... but it has to get done!

I don't mean to be rude at all..... but would it be ok with all ya'll if I just slipped away from Alex's long enough to eat with ya'll and then leave before the door prizes? I just don't have a lot of time,but I really want to see everybody and get at least a little buddy fix !! If this offends anyone, PLEASE tell me!!

Genna

Charlotte can I have that list of pawn shops? I don't know them and I'm going to have some stuff to pawn after my divorce is final.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I know Sarah will be there. Don't think she checks in here very often. I saw her Tues and she asked me for your address so she could plug it into her gps.

Genna I don't think anyone cares, a person has to eat, right??? LOL

Genna, you do what you need to do...if you want to breeze in and out, feel free. Are you bringing a door prize? I want to make certain that you get one if you bring one. If you bring dessert, I am certain we will eat it...however, you don't have to bring anything. We always have lots of food.

Charlotte, there is a new zip line in hot springs, I saw the sign but could not tell if it went over the lake...have y'all been on that one? May not be worth the money but you might check to see if info in online. Thanks for giving Sarah address. Does she have my number just in case?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi, ya'll! I am definitely going to be there tomorrow, too! Got to get my "buddy fix" plus KA is bringing me some soaps, etc. and I think we ought to do something to her for quitting the soap making business--haven't figured out what just yet! ROFL
Sorry we won't be seeing Charlotte, Debra and any of the others who can't make it. Since it is a 3 hour drive, at least, I might not get there right at 10:30 so be sure to leave me something to eat! I am going to stop at KFC once I get to North Little Rock and pick up some cole slaw and I might even stop off in Conway and get some of those wonderful cream-cheese brownies from Ed's Bakery--if I have time, that is.

KA had asked me on FB if Al was coming with me but, unfortunately, no, he isn't. You girls will have to wait until a later time to meet my new hubby. He has a "shoot" at his gun club on Saturday and frankly, we have spent so much time together these last two months that I think both of us are ready to do our own thing for one day. :D
Don't get me wrong--I love being married again--Al is a great guy--but it never hurts to have a little time to yourself every so often and I can't think of a group of "girls" that I would rather spend time with.

See ya'll tomorrow!

This message was edited Jun 29, 2012 1:17 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Kim, I do not have a door prize yet.... was going to try to pick up something I saw a few weeks ago on the way - but to save time I think I will just not participate in the door prize thing this time around. I love watching everyone open the door prizes and being a part of that ....but just this time in order to get to come, I will just pass on that part. I will try my best to be there by 11..... and then I can visit for a while, eat, and then get back to work. I just want the chance to see everyone at least for a few moments - and of course, I love the chance to eat! :) I will bring a dessert..... just not sure which one yet. Will see what mood I am in tonight when it is time to cook! ^_^

I am so glad you can make it, Marilyn. You bring whatever you want! There will be many times in the future for us to meet Al.

Okay, Genna, just didn't want to exclude you from anything.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna, I got a rule, nothing goes into the ground after June around here, cause it won't make it til the following year if It has to be planted after that. so I keep it in pots all year since I have to water alot of pots, it's no problem watering a few more. leave them outside all winter and plant them in the spring. This works well for me. i have some things in pots now that I'll just keep out all winter and plant in the spring time. I can't imagine anything living that's planted right now.

Came home and sheet rock is almost up, you can see the rooms now!! looks fabulous!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann I kinda have the same rule. I always have something in pots that I haven't planted and I keep them all in the same place and they do fine through the winter. I'm like you can't imagine anything living that's planted in 105 degree weather!! As a matter of fact we had some gardenias someone had brought for us to plant at Wildwood. Our chairman tried to get us to plant them Tues morning. We all refused!!! So there wasn't any choice but to move them all to a spot where they will be watered by the sprinkler system. We'll put them out sometime this fall. No way they would have lived if we had planted them Tues.

So far today I've been to Cothams for burgers then I've been to 5 pawn shops and 2 music stores!! Taking them to Doe's for dinner tonight.

Marilyn glad you are going to make it. Sorry I want see you. I would have thought you are more than 3 hours away. I know I have to have my space from time to time. Can't do 24/7 every day!!!

I know you all will have a great time!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna for what it's worth - which is not much!!! LOL Any daylily that I've gotten in the summer I've put in a pot and put in a shady spot and kept it watered good to get it acclimated and started growing before I actually put them in my bed. I treat them like something I'm trying to root. I always keep things I'm rooting in the shade.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I have finally decided what I'm bringing to eat, Cave City watermelon and cantaloupe. They are so good this year,
the hot, dry weather makes them so sweet. Glad something likes the weather LOL

See you tomorrow

Loretta

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

OH MY WORD< I can't tell you how i've wanted a cave city watermelon.!! BLESS you Loretta!! I'll be the first in line for watermelon lol See you ladies tomorrow. what time is it? anybody know what time Hobby lobby opens? I'm missing a D to this project i'm going to make for the dining room, here's a llink to what it looks like. of course I'll change the name on it. Also going to make another project for the other wall. but I don't have the picture on my computer , it's on my cell phone. http://pinterest.com/pin/63191200992056405/ and I am using these style letters, and couldn't get the letter D so I have to go back and get it. http://www.mpiwood.com/6_Kids_Curly_Style_Baltic_Birch_Upper_Case_p/kidbb601.htm

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I can't remember if I bought 6 or 8 inch letters. I'll have to go measure. i was going to buy the D on line , but shipping was 11.95 for a 2.99 letter.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sheetrock always makes such a big difference! I remember when we were building the house and we had worked for months putting in wiring, and all types of stuff to get ready for the sheetrock. Our friend who did the sheetrock came to start it while Leigh was in Dallas for training and I he happened to call me the first evening when I came to look at what David had done on the first day. Leigh asked how it looked and I said it finally looked like a house - but it looked like David had done a lot of work in a day that we hadn't done in MONTHS! :) It was the same thing when we got the new sheetrock in Alex's bathroom that had to be gutted - only took them a few hours but boy did it change to looks of things! So glad they are moving so quickly on it KA - I know you will be glad to have your kitchen back!

I am bringing a fresh apple cake - but I am just issuing a fair warning that I am not sure how good it will be. I was outside and Jessi didnt check the cake - she just checked the timer and I think it over cooked a little Hopefully it will be ok !!!

I have some indigo spires salvia that has rooted well. Should I bring them? I know it is SOOO hot, and the other things (the hot lips and the butterfly bush) are not established enough to bring..... so I can just keep them all until fall if ya'll want. I know Holly won't be there - so I didn't want to have to haul plants both ways in the heat. SURELY we will have a fall plant swap somewhere???

Yummy, Loretta.

KA, Hob Lob opens at 9am. If you want to go after the party, I will go with you and look at sale items...or we all can go ;o))

If you bring 'em, Genna, I will get them to her or keep 'em and she can get them this fall. What ever you want to do...I have some EEs and peacock fern (of course) but y'all are welcome to divide just about anything. Or you can tell me what you want and I will pot it up before next RU

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

sounds good kim. I'll go by afterwards . See u soon.

Girls here! Having a great time! Miss all you!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Somebody eat some watermelon for me!!! My favorite summer food!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Watermelon was good!! I should have gotten Loretta to bring me one, I didn't think about it. We had a great time as usual. !! Thanks Kim for having us. You missed a fun time Charlotte!! Hope to see you next time around. i left your soap at Kim's make sure you check to see if Geoff has been in it lol

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

, I came home and kissed Danny , said I was home, he said, GOOD, I'm tired of sleeping. He had done nothing but sleep . lol. He must have needed it. i remember what genna said about nothing getting done unless she's there to crack the whip. lol

What soap? I don't remember any soap for Charlotte! lol

I am so glad all of you were able to make it. We did have a wonderful time and ate a lot! We always have so much food but it is all so good, I would not want it any other way. I did splurge a little bit but not too bad. Already exercised (boring!) and watered. Surely that worked off some it ;o))

KA, thank you so much for all the goodies! I have already divided the lip balms, put the body melts in the fridge and hid a few bars of soap for myself! Potato washing is next. I cannot wait to tell Jeff that Danny was sleeping on the job...I have caught Jeff doing the same thing!

Marilyn, left her butterfly bush. I have not decided if I am going to keep or give it to her...nah, I don't have any sun.

After we hugged, laughed, ate and open door prizes, Marilyn, KA, Crissy, Sarah, and I went to Hobby Lobby. Sarah and Crissy were the only two really good ones; they did not spend a dime! The rest of us found several things on sale!

We certainly missed all of you and hope your ears were burning because we did mention each of you several times! Sandra, I did hug and tell everyone hi from you.

I will try to post pix tomorrow...first I promised I would photo shop each one. LOL Luckily, I was taking the pictures, so none of me!!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That's ashame we have none of you Kim, You look Fabulous!! i hope you feel good too. cause you certainly look great!! Your skinnier than me now dang it!! I better get on the ball.

Thanks, KA, but I am not skinnier than you! I have always felt great even before all of this crud started! The only thing that I crave is potatoes. I have had some form with every meal my entire life. I still have one every few days or really small pieces (like new potato size) 4-5 days a week...as long as my sugar stays down!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, you be careful with those potatoes I brought you, i don't want to be the blame for you slipping ;0)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Missed seeing everybody today!! Can't wait to see pictures!! We've been on the go as usual. Just got back from a comedy show that was held at our church. Not anything to do with our church - just held there. The boys really enjoyed it.

LOL Never. I am to blame if I eat too much!

Glad you are enjoying the boys!

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012 10:20 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Kim, you do look great! Thanks so much for letting us bombarde your home! Geoff did a great job on those burgers and I meant to tell him so again before I left - so please pass that on! I ran by HL on my way back to Alex's to pick up something that Jessica needed.....had a really difficult time locating it and didn't get much help so I am surprised I didn't meet ya'll as i was headed out. I was right on the painting...... Leigh had painted about half of an area in Alex's garage where a door had been taken out and we had replaced the siding..... but he did manage to disconnect an outside spotlight and give it its own switch so I guess I can't complain too bad. Alex and Kyle spent all day rearranging those two rooms and moving all the furniture just like Alex wanted it - but it did look nice when we left. I did manage to get quite a bit of trim painted when I got back - and got one side of 4 doors completed. I will paint the other side of all 4 either on the 4th or next Saturday.....whenever our next trip is!

It was SOOOO wonderful to get to see everyone! It has been TOO long! I sure hope we are all able to find a time when a big group of us can get together this fall and spend more time together.

Thanks again Kim for hosting great luncheon and for the cute shovel and gloves!!

Genna

Thanks, Genna, but you have lost more than I have! I am so glad you were able to run by for a bite and a visit! I really enjoy hosting!! I will remind Geoff how great the burgers were and how much is grilling in the 100 degrees was appreciated. You're very welcome for the goodies, just a little something for everyone to remember the event.

I did not get to edit pix much, so mostly pictures will capture your natural beauty! If anyone cannot see them, I will also post on FB.

Everyone just got here...patiently waiting the cook to cook ;o)

Thumbnail by duckmother

All stuffed...we had tons of food and it was all delicious!!!

Thumbnail by duckmother

The cutest cook that lives here ;o))

Thumbnail by duckmother

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.