May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper,
I forgot the picture, LOL!

Thumbnail by billyporter
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That last pic looks alot more like mine. That probably what it is called then. lol

Will, keep them ditch lilies in the pot. And make sure the roots can't touch dirt underneath. My grandma tried to kill hers once by piling a dumptruck load of dirt on top of the ditch lilies and the lilies still managed to grow thru the pile. Can't kill them.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Hehe.. happ, Taj MaCoop! How'd you get it from The Donald?! That's a nice Lily billy, there must be different shaped flowers on Lilies, yours is more rounded and pointy, my 2 are square at the tips.

Here is my Ponderosa Pine in a cup as an ArborDay lodge souvenir seed, and here it is today as a big seedling 8 years later! That other cup says "Taco", but I didn't plant a taco! That's what my friend Guy affectionately calls the common name for a tree he found in Illinois in a Taco Bell parking lot, (Quercus X bebbiana, Bebb Oak!). Anyway, the Ponderosa Pine is the first and second photos. That's my $3 Leyland Cypress right of it. -

Here is the Taco Oak, I'm not sure how it's doing today, I haven't heard. It's unique also in that it's roots were spilling over an above ground terrace-like thing. It has a neat Fall color and it is a fast growing tree, for an Oak. -

Eeek! I think I'll be keeping those Ditch Lilies in a big pot! I like some Royal Sunset Lilies!

Boy, that dark red Rose from happ is really taking off, here it is today, shooting upward! -

Here is my Fall Mums or is it Spring Mums?!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ditch lilies are like bamboo, and they live forever. We had them growing along the ditch which is a good place, when the county decided to regrade the ditches and they scrapped a huged amount of dirt away....I thought they were all lost forever, it was so ugly....wrong, in 2 years they were stronger than before I think..rofl. When I first started gardening knowing how ditch lilies were I was afraid of the hybrid daylilies because I thought they would act the same way....rofl. Should of know the growers were never going to let you buy something so beautiful that would be that strong... ;)

About froze last night working on the coop, it was so cold and windy.....still no rain. Head count on chickens tonight was the same as in the morning, which I think is a good thing...rofl.

Will I thought rose would of been bigger, she must still be adjusting. I bought a new rose, but still don't like the color so it is going somewhere else. May be I don't like red roses on a bush? hummmm? I did plant a pink rose that will climb about 20 feet and I have it starting it on a trellis over the garden room door. It is blooming and smells so good. Can't think of the name right now.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

New thread for June!!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1262596/

This thread closed!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.