Playing with annulas and new lens :)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec---

I have to "play" with a lot of things on my new camera (Nikon Coolpix 4100)

I have put it on macro--and tried to take pictures really close-up, but the did not come out.
Might be another setting to attend to---I do not know yet......

Have to watch the tutorial CD's and read the manual. You woul;d thunk that I have already done that.
Nope! Nada!...I hate manuals!!!!!!!! The CD's may be more fun to work along with.

Gita

This one worked! donners Poker primrose-to-be. as of today.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gita, your camera does have image stabilization so you "should" be able to take good close-ups, however, if you don't take your time or your hands aren't steady enough it'll come out blurry...I have a Canon G9 that is a very good point-and-shoot and it does take decent macros, but I have to take my time and make sure my hands are steady...I know you hate reading manuals, but sometimes it's what you have to do to properly learn about the functions...I not only have the manuals for my cameras, but also several other books - am I fond of manuals, no...but, to have full use and fun with my cameras I need to learn - trial and error works...but only for so long :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Amen sistah amen!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell, remind me Sat to bring the macro lens so you can try it on your camera :-)

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

WooHoo Swapping lenses at the swap! What happens at a swap stays at the swap eh?

Bec, that lens on fully automatic sure does a nice picture take. Love the 'floating' crispness and colors you are getting. Arte all those blooms in your yard or are you taking field trips?

Karen, miss your bird pics. I still remember guessing how many herons there were in the river!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Consider yourself reminded - wooowhooo

Agreed - Karen takes some FINE photos!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh yes, Karen's nature & animal/bird pics are awesome!

Yes, we'll bring both lenses - I think you'll enjoy playing with both...they'll fit on your camera of course...Judy, the flowers are all mine & the wild raspberry in the woods behind our house :-)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Bec, what's that pinkypurple one in the middle, second set?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sally, I'm really not sure what it is...

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks girls!
I guess maybe I should start a thread on the MA forum of some of my birds of late!
I appreciate your kind comments and support!

Sure wish we could have come up for the swap to see everyone!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry you missed it -- we would have loved to see you!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

For Coleup... I sure hope the link works!
This is from the 'Friends of the Rappahannock' FB page...
They got a pic with 50 herons the other day!
When I sit at the river taking photos of the herons, I am in the area of the bottom left corner.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150944577361563&set=a.10150145528336563.333296.145968651562&type=1

This message was edited May 22, 2012 12:07 AM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec: My camera (a Canon G9) just died -- apparently they have a bad track record. Wish I'd known that before I bought it, though I did get 3.5 years out of it.

I'm thinking about either the Canon PowerShot G12 (12.4 oz.) or the Canon PowerShot G1 X (17.3 oz.) (is that new -- it isn't discounted at all yet) (though I'm gun-shy on the G's now -- plus I'm mad that they keep changing the battery so I can't reuse my old ones and old chargers).

Or maybe I should splurge and get the EOS Rebel T3i (1.1 pounds, not including the lens)? But that's a lot bigger -- it is really nice to have a lightweight camera.... And especially given that I need to buy the lens separately, that is very pricey.

I'd love to make a decision in the next few minutes (LOL) because my daughter has a prom Friday and I'd love to get a new camera in time to take photos....

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Happy - I've had my G9 for years and it's still going strong - Chantell tried the G12 and wasn't enamored with it...I'm a Canon lover, go to http://www.dpreview.com/ - they won't steer you wrong!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

The review for the G1 X looks good! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong1x/

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oopss a day late in responding...Happy - I have the Canon T3i....I like it...still learning though. It is really fast and takes great pics but for me at least there has been a learning curve on the focusing - esp. macros. I would in a heart beat (should money fall from the sky) pick up another Powershot THAT was an awesome camera (RIP) and served me well. Here's one on the Canon site I'm drooling over http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_286234_-1 Optical lens = to a 35mm film equivalent: 24 (W) - 840mm (T). Here's the T3i which IS impressive
http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_275680_-1 Good luck! Costco has some good prices on their Canons if you're a member. Walmart online's not bad either...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I just bought the G12 because I needed something fast -- but we decided we are also going to get something like the T3 -- but I am a little frightened by the cost of the lenses!!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

You can find 'deals' on lenses in several place, B&H is one of my favorite suppliers - Tamron makes great lenses and 'cheaper' than Canon does

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Bec!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.