Food Thread for Ric & Holly's Swap Yummy Yummy

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I will provide meat products Chicken, Hot Dogs and Sausage we are asking you to bring a covered dish of some kind.
I know we have some fabulous cooks out there but for those like me we will also need chips, dips, pickles.
You are welcome to bring your own Festive Beverages if you would like.
I will try to keep a running list of what is coming to help you decide what you would like to bring.
Ric & Holly - Chicken, Hot Dogs, Sausage
Michele - Hamburger / Hot Dog Rolls
Coleup - Plates & Napkins

Roses_R_Red - Green Salad (Oh so yummy dressing)
Gita - seafood pasta salad and a bottle of wine
Critterologist & Group - Greek Pasta Salad, Tortilla chips & salsa, pepper jam with cream cheese & crackers.
Aspenhill - deviled eggs and linguine cole slaw
Donnerville - Chinese dumplings
Buttoneer: Cream Cheese squares
Jan23 - Hot Potato Salad

Desserts
Jan's Friend - Dessert
Catbird - Brownies
Ssgardener - dessert
Ecnalg
Gardadore - fresh rhubarb custard cake
Pippi - Banana Nut Bread
Aspenhill's friend - mini cheesecakes
Sally - Watermellon
Flowajen

Drinks
Bec-No-Va, Chantell - Drinks
Sallyg - Home brewed Ice Tea (sweetened and unsweetened) and Ice

I think I have a pretty accurate list let me know if I missed something.

This message was edited May 16, 2012 10:08 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Will we need a green salad? I'll bring the same one as last time if it's ok.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will make a seafood pasta salad. Is that OK?

And--some wine as well--since I like wine.

Gita
edited re bringing some wine.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2012 10:41 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Loads of oregano here, so I'll make a Greek Pasta Salad. Holly, let me know if I can pick up stuff from Costco or Sam's for you... Costco I noticed has some good prices on bread/buns.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I will bring brownies, found a new recipe I want to try. And maybe something else.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

AAAAGH! No way, you're not messing with the Perfect Brownie Recipe!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Drinks - we'll bring drinks!!!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll bring a dessert as well, since I probably won't get in until 12:30 or 1.

Is anyone allergic to peanut butter? Maybe I'll bake some peanut butter cookies.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Roses I was hoping you would make that salad again it is so yummy.
Bec I was thinking you might bring drinks. LOL
Everything sounds so yummy already.
I'll put an organized list at the top when I get a chance.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ahhhhhrghhhh - I'm not that bloody predictable? Just for that, I'll bring something else as well! Tho, we're not sure how early we'll be there - so, other drinks will be needed!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Aha, bringing my trademark real brewed iced tea, sweet and unsweetened and something else TBD

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't come up with something this far in advance

I can't either jen, ( cept brewed tea seems to go over well.)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll bring wine since I'll be late. Maybe some fruit?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

My friend will bring a dessert.

I will bring a hot potato salad (if I may use your microwave to heat up the dressing)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll bring deviled eggs and linguine cole slaw (a favorite pot luck recipe from my mom).

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

If I have time I'd like to make a few treats for the ladies. :-} Ric

Gita, I have something special in mind, if I have time!

This message was edited Apr 27, 2012 8:12 PM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ric--
And if you don't------There will be NO lack of food as it is. Always more than needed!
You will have lots to do anyway! Don't fret the food!
Gita

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

I will bring Chinese dumplings again. I will make sure that I do not forget the sauce this time :-).

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Donner they were so yummy.

Donners dumplings are to die for...thanks so much for being a devoted dumpling diva!

"If I have time I'd like to make a few treats for the ladies. :-} Ric" hhhmmmmmmmm LOL
Like Gita said, you guys are hosting, don't kill yourselves with food too. we never starve!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Holly Michele wanted to know if you would like her to buy some burgers and bring them for you guys to cook?

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Buttoneer: Cream Cheese squares.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Allison, We have the meats covered. Could use rolls Hamburger & Hot Dog.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok I am sure she will be happy to bring those... she can get a very nervous to travel... and that will be one less thing to freak her out

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

if there is any other requests you have... let me know.. still thinking about what I am bringing

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Holly, since I'll be delivering papers early morning of swap day, I'm hoping that you and Ric will accept my contribution in the form of cash money to you on the day of swap (or before if you send address to me) for the paper goods you think you will need. That way they will be there for any early munchers! lmk Thanks

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Coleup, Yes I think I do still need paper produces and I will pick them up you can pay me at the swap. Thanks so much.

This message was edited May 4, 2012 12:45 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm going to try to bring a friend or two along (Theresa and maybe also a gardening neighbor), so you can put us down for tortilla chips & salsa, too please. And also pepper jam with cream cheese & crackers.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love pepper jam!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Since Ruby mentioned the Special K PB bars, I'll bring them and probably some other type of dessert as well.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I won't have time to make my usual Curried Chicken, Egg, Potato salad due to little time at home before the Swap so will offer a fresh rhubarb custard cake (easy and quick to make and DELICIOUS - can say this because it's not my own recipe!!) instead if that is OK. I guess it's a decision as to whether you all prefer the plants or food! Not a fair choice, is it?!! LOL

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I've tasted that custard cake. It's every bit as good as the time consuming special chicken salad that Jessica whips up!!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

I will bring banana nut bread which is a dessert and will think of something else to bring. Maybe some type of salad. How about some fresh fruit salad and I'll bring plastic spoons and 9 oz. clear plastic cups to serve it in? This has gone over well at our Garden Club meetings afterwards.

This message was edited May 6, 2012 8:43 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That rubarb custard cake sounds great...is it gluten free?

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Sorry, It calls for regular cake mix, heavy cream, sugar, and of course, the rhubarb - simplest thing in the world to make!! So it's neither gluten, calorie, nor cholesterol free! A real killer! LOL

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

NUTS!!!!

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

No, no nuts!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

:) no, don't want nuts...just nuts! as in crud or darn....not gluten free

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh no... in my book.. it has a vegetable in it.. it's healthy!!!

:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.