DJ'S " MAY " PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Does anyone know how to root running Bamboo? Every time I take my granddaughter to the Knoxville Zoo I think about taking a cutting and finally got around to when I took her this afternoon. I have it in a glass of water until I do a little probing to see how to handle it.
It is very invasive, but I am hoping to contain it in a large container.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Kathy
Beautiful coreopsis! I love that flower.....mine got a little over grown from wild daisy last year....of which I've pulled out this year so I hope the coreopsis will do better this year!

Attached is a photo of my phlox from last spring....they haven't flowered yet this spring! The pink clumps you see were all one plant that had to be moved when we did some all work a few years ago....so I took out the giant phlox plant (it was VERY happy where it was) and had to divide it up.....it looked terrible and I spent that summer thinking I killed the poor thing! And that area only gets about 4 hours of sun each day -- so not the best place! But it seems to like it there!

I am so happy to be able to trade with people in the group! Yahoo and thanks for tell me about it!

Candi

Thumbnail by AliKat32
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

FRUITY thank you yes it is for it is from happ & i remeber now thank you :)

KATHY: I Have you listed with candi

ALANA : PLEASE DON'T STEEL THE BAMBOO FROM A PARK CAN;T BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL I HAVE PLENTY TO SHARE WITH YOU & IT IS ROOTED JUST LET ME SEND IT TO YOU . WILL GET IT IN THE MAIL NEXT WEEK.

OUTLAWHEART83 : WELCOME just keep watch of this forum for your partner check out her wish list see what you can find to share
send out by the 25th BEFORE THE HOLIDAY so the plants wonn't have to sit i a hot building or truck ,
also post a picture & a list of all the new goodies your going to add to your gardens , that should sum it up .
if you have other questions just ask someone will help you.

canndi love the phlox i need a blue & a white yet i have sorta a pinkish one or maybe its lavedar ??
sorry for my spelling i was up all night with daddy then at the hospital allday with him we findly got hope about 5:30 pm had make up a bed here is the livingroom for him he has an bacterial urniary tract infection that has made him out of his thiking zone & Mine .
he don't no where he is , he knows me but ot the other kids . he raised H!!! with the doctors today was so glad to get him out of there .
jim just called to say they are onn their way home . so now that i have daddy sleepinng maybe i can go get some rest .

will try to get back on in the morning have the coffee ready my coffee pot went on me this morning so jim is bringing me one home ;)
he donn't like this grummpy old lady :))) gn all .
susie

5---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG--WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
2--CVILLE_GARDENER---------WWKATHY------CRIT
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ---CRIT
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER--FOTV
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
2-POISONDARTFROG----DEEJAY
2-VELMANSIA----CZIMMERMAN00
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2--CZIMMERMAN00-----VELMANSIA
2-3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY ---HOLLYSMAMMA
1-2---DIAMOND9192001----

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hugs to you and your daddy, Susie.

xox

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry to hear that Susie. I hope he feels better soon.
LOL, I took the cutting while chatting with one of the zoo employees, so I think I was safe from incarceration, but thanks for worrying about me. I can see myself now, in lock up, explaining to the axe murderess in the cell with me that I was in for a Bamboo offense.

I DON'T want to hear of annyone being locked up for being a plantaholic but guess it could happen :)

GM Well Daddy is still milking cows or seeing cows & & wants me to help put them in the barn but he is not as far gone as he was over the weekend . so glad i got him in when i did . he is findly sleeping in his chair this morning so i can get a few things done so off to get started .

Cuyahoga Heights, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok, so I have been watching people post their beautiful plant pictures. Sadly most of what I am trading will be divisions of store bought plants for my garden, since I am just starting out my flower garden this year. But I wanted to share some of my beautiful house plants/tropicals with everyone. I hope everyone likes them :)

Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma

And some more. The little tiny one (in the first picture) is a tropical hibiscus seedling (cross between Voodoo Queen x Gathering Storm), & the other tropical hibiscus is Crawfish Pie, once again still small but I will transplant it to a gallon pot out of a 4 inch pot before putting it outside for the summer.

Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma Thumbnail by hollysmamma
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Pant, pant, pant. Finally (gasp) caught up with you all. I'm in for May!!! Thanks Susie. I will get better at this I promise. :)

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I think I want to join this swap but am a little confused as it seems to be set up differently from the previous one I was in. You choose your own swap partner? Is this for either/or houseplants /perennials or annuals also? If the instructions are somewhere I missed them.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Crystal - don't think that's part of anything formal. Looks like if you have been discussing a trade with someone you can ask Susie to put you down as "partners." If not she'll hook you up! :)

A.

Newport, TN(Zone 7a)

Hello all. May I join the swap.? AmandaEsq sent me and volunteered to partner with me.(either she is a glutton for punishment and is applying for martyrdom, or she is a nice person. : ) ) This is my first time, if you decide to include me, please tell me everything i need to know. Or maybe an FAQ thread? I'm very excited!.

Hollysmammawhat a great show of plants! The one picture of the window looks like an underwater scene, with the large leaves being fish swimming by .

Thanx all!

Lol, thank you scarlet bean! It was just a small chunk of them, but I wanted to share pictures too. I love them all ;)

OH my lots to get caught up on WELCOME ALL 'BOY SURE HOPE I CAN DO RIGHT BY ALL OF YOU :) I'v not had a group this big
before so i hope you all will help me keep track with you :)

1st off i see that there is a couple who need to renew their subscription for DAVE"S so that you will be able to keep contact with us on the forum & with your partner . so please let me know that you have or will do this soon .

for those of you wanting to join us you can share a wish & Have list for your partner here on this LINK

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

you may ask some one to do a swap if you want just let me know also let me know how many swaps you want to do .
all i ask is that everyonne sends their end as soon as possible so we can close the swaps by the last day of the month. so we can move to the next swap . post when you receive your trades .

OH ALSO YOUR PARTNERS WILL BE POSTED HERE & YOU WILL HAVE TO SHARE YOUR ADDRESSES WITH WHOM YOU ARE TRADING WITH . ALSO TRY TO MAKE CLEAR AS TO WHAT YOUR TRADING FOR JUST NO LESS THEN 5 PLANTS & SEND
PRIOITY /CONF # OR ANY 3-4 DAY MAIL.

IF YOU HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK .

5---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG--WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ---CRIT
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER--FOTV
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
2-POISONDARTFROG----DEEJAY
2-VELMANSIA----CZIMMERMAN00
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2--CZIMMERMAN00-----VELMANSIA
2-3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY ---HOLLYSMAMMA
1-2---DIAMOND9192001----
1---OBERON46----
1---GOLDHILLAL/CRYSTAL----
1--SCARLEBEAN-----

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie - please confirm that I now have 2 trades - one with Froot and one with the lovely Scarletbean from TN. :D

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Crystal, Susie's plant swaps from April to September are for Perennials, and yes you choose your Partner. It's a direct swap where you will "send to" and "receive from" the same person. The numbers next to our names indicate how many boxes we're able to share in May.

If any of you are interested in joining the Houseplants / Tropicals swap and haven't done so already, here's the link. Hope to see you there as well:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253610/

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Susie,
I can swap with Oberon46 -- not sure if I have anything she'd like but we live in the same zone....I love her "have's" but I don't have any of her wants.... Oberon46 -- want to take a look as what I've got and LMK if you want to be trade partners???
Candi

Very nice, hollysmamma. Is the second plant with the caudex in your first post of pics a Desert Rose or something else? And I love that Pink & Green Pencil plant in the second group, or whatever it's name is. I bet a lot of folks would like to see more of your houseplants/ tropicals on our Spring thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253610/

Susie, since you'd requested Penstmom "Red Husker's" in a D-mail and already have it, what if I substitute Penstemon smallii Beardtongue 'Violet Dusk' in your May box? Thinking back, I W/S'd Red Husker's two years ago and know the seeds were in one of your Robins. They very well may have come from you.

scarletbean, I've had the pleasure to meet Amanda in person numerous times. She's a sweetheart, a super friend to everyone she meets, and even has a quirky sense of humor. Well a big quirlky sense of humor. That's probably what I love about her the most.

Ain't that right, Manda!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, Froot - the thing that I like best is making you laugh. Sometimes I have to try really hard to break that grown-up exterior of yours. The quirk comes in handy then, when my "regular crowd" humor fails. ;)

Welcome scarletbean (Jessica!). This will be fun. Fruity was my mentor when I started to get more involved last year. If you learn anything from me, remember that I learned it all from Susan.

Have a good night all. It's HOT and humid here. I am not ready for this and I can't say the "O" word on DG, but sitting in the car in the air conditioning was just about. -sigh-

A.

um-hum, you must be thinking about the word Organic 0:)

It was downright humid last night with a blanket of fog this morning, and will be the same again tonight and in the morning. The windows are open but what I wouldn't give for a little breeze. Oh yeah, the weather liars got it wrong. We barely reached 60 when we were supposed to be in the mid-70's. I spread mulch while it was sprinkling rain this afternoon. It was the "really, really, really" fine stuff that just messes up your glasses (along with fogging them up) or ticks you off having to turn on windshield wipers.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Likely the same kind that messes up your hair and melts your gel/serum/hair spray into a frizz bomb.

FOTV, that is one of my desert roses :D I have 4 of them, two are that big and two are slightly smaller. I also have 4 seedlings going. I will go ahead and share some of the photos there. That is a 'Firesticks' cactus (at least that is what the tag said) It will go back to all green this summer I believe and the tips turn red in the winter.

GM ALL SORRY FOR BEING LATE BUSY WITH DADDY HE IS FEELING MUCH BETTER . I HAVE TO GO OUT TO MY OTHER COMPUTER TO GET THE PARTNER LIST . GIVE ME AWHILE HOPE TO HAVE IT BY OR BEFORE 11 AM .
SUSIE

Elk Horn, KY

I think cheermom & i swap a box. I could do another box this month if needed

OK WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOU ALL CHECK THIS OUT TO SEE IF I HAVE EVERYONE ON THE LIST THEN I WILL MAKE A KNEW ROOM FOR US . IN A COUPLE HOURS JUST IN CASE I HAVE TO MAKE CHANGES SEND ME A NOTE SO I CAN DO THE CHANGES . WILL CHECK BACK SOON .

4-- FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ---CRIT
3--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER--FOTV
3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY---HOLLYSMAMMA---OBERON46
3--WWKATHY----DEEJAY9---CVILLE_GARDENER---ALIKAT32
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--CZIMMERMAN00
2-POISONDARTFROG----DEEJAY--VELMANSIA
2-VELMANSIA----CZIMMERMAN00----POISONDARTFROG
2--CZIMMERMAN00-----VELMANSIA--- HOLLYSMAMMA
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1---DIAMOND9192001----GOLDHILLAL
1---GOLDHILLAL/CRYSTAL----DIAMOND9192001
1--SCBUTTERCUP---DEEJAY9
1--CHEERMOM----OUTLAWHEART81
1--OUTLAWHEART81----CHEERMOM
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
1---OBERON46----ALIKAT32
1--SCARLEBEAN-----AMANDAESQ

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hiya sweets - you have me down 3 times on your list.

In the row with four (4) trades.

At the bottom with one (1) trade each to FOTV and one to Scarletbean.

I am doing 2 trades - one with FOTV and one with newbie Scarletbean. Not important really, just sayin'... :)

Thanks for all you do lady!!!

xox
A.

AMANDA DOSE THIS LOOK BETTER :) HOPE EVERYONE IS FINE WITH THIS WILL OPEN A NEW THREAD AFTER LUNCH IF I CAN GET BACK ON HERE . & OTHERS HAS HAD TIME TO POST ANY FLAWS :)) i nEED YOUR INPUTS ALSO ON THIS .
TY

4-- FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ---CRIT
3--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER--FOTV
3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY---HOLLYSMAMMA---OBERON46
3--WWKATHY----DEEJAY9---CVILLE_GARDENER---ALIKAT32
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--CZIMMERMAN00
2-POISONDARTFROG----DEEJAY--VELMANSIA
2-VELMANSIA----CZIMMERMAN00----POISONDARTFROG
2--CZIMMERMAN00-----VELMANSIA--- HOLLYSMAMMA
2--AMAMDAESQ-----FOTV---SCARLETBEAN
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1---DIAMOND9192001----GOLDHILLAL
1---GOLDHILLAL/CRYSTAL----DIAMOND9192001
1--SCBUTTERCUP---DEEJAY9
1--CHEERMOM----OUTLAWHEART81
1--OUTLAWHEART81----CHEERMOM
1---OBERON46----ALIKAT32
1--SCARLEBEAN-----AMANDAESQ

findly Home what a day I Have had 1st 7hrs with daddy & moving plants outside about wore me out then I told jim I was going to go to BINGO Before picking Margaret up at the train station , well got down to the BINGO HAll No Bingo so I went out for dinner & Thought I would go over to my favorite STORE In BC & Boy let me tell you all I'm Going Back Tomorrow I Left my checkbook & debit card at home was a good think for i had to Use my bingo money for what I Did get OH Ya all I can hardly wait till morning when i can take off & go get more . the most beautiful lg plants reg 8.99 now $5.many in bloom

& to top it off I Met 2 of the Nices Gay Guys who took me over to see their Prize winning gardens this last summer & they have plants plants & More plants to find homes for so NATCH I Offered To take them : HEHE so tomorrow i have to take my shovel with me also .
Mostly shade plants witch i cannot use & Most of them they don't know the names of so i will have to search for them:)
but i figure I can pot them up for my perennial plant swap in June .

OK HERE IS THE NEW SHOW & TELL FOR MAY & WE CAN CLOSE THIS ONE CHAT ON NEW ONE :)
SEE YA THERE .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/

GN ALL BACK IN THE AMMMMMMMM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.