DJ'S " MAY " PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

BLADE IS MY DAYLILIY GETTING PUSHED OUT

5---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG--WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
2--CVILLE_GARDENER---------WWKATHY------CRIT
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA
2-POISONDARTFROG----DEEJAY
1-VELMANSIA--
1--AMANDAESQ--
2--CZIMMERMAN00

Antioch, TN

Suzie, I could do 2 trades if that's ok with you.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Manda, since I'm attending your May plant swap, why don't we partner up and exchange then?

Nice looking Euphorbia. The one I have from Bluestone is "Tasmanian Tiger", still a little thing but the blooms are so pretty and unusual looking.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

oh suzz tHAT IS VERY PRETTY also I Think I have one called tiny tim around here somewhere just haven't gotten all the weeds out yet so there is still hope i have plants out there :) hehe. if you would like some of this one I Have lots to spare:))))

trying to get my coffee cup to warm my fingers her is what Jim & I just through together for the next Month of cold spells yet to come .
there will be plastic but just not tonight it is way to windy . so it is tarped for the night :)

put ya down for 2 trades VEL . Just let me know if you have someone in mind to trade with I have 5 for the month of may so that will be my limit.

LANTANA BLOOMS is it or verbena ?

back in the morning

5---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG--WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA
2-VELMANSIA--
1--AMANDAESQ--
2--CZIMMERMAN00

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ok....here I am..Put me down for a trade with Deejay and 1 more. Will have to see if I can do anymore than that ($), lol, I got plenty of plants tho. Also recieving from Cville, yeahhhh. And susie and I are still dickering, lol........
Been out doing spring cleanup, most plants are up now and growing real good. My dwarf iris g. just opening today, and an iris buchanii (something like that, will have to find the tag as is new to me). Opening today, those below and Dicentra formosa.

pix1 thermopsis montana
pix2 dwarf yellow iris
pix3 dwarf purple iris
pix4 j j's
pix5 j j's

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Does weeding ever end? I spend Saturday morning weeding before the rain started and need do the same thing when we dry out after three consecutive days of rain. Cannas are sprouting in the bags and are screaming to be planted. With our crazy weather, I hope it's not too early to plant them. Several towns NW of us had snow today. Hubby built a fire today and the heat feels so good. I'm inclined to think that's a Verbena but somebody more knowledgable will know for sure.

Lovely blooms as always, Kathy.

Just talked to Amanda and our trade for May is a go. Please note my third box is for her, Susie.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love that 'Tasmanian Tiger'!

It was cold here yesterday too but no s--- although east TN got some. Started off in the high 30s but with windchill and wind blowing, it was just too uncomfortable to work outside. :( I need to get my cannas planted too.

Chickweed took over the world here this past winter, and I don't how much of that I've pulled this year.

Does look like Verbena. 'Homestead Red' maybe, but that's a sheer guess. :-)

Achillea 'Paprika' and Weigela 'Variegata'

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

GM all still very cold 37* here just waiting for daddy to finish his BKF then i need to go out & water my indoor plants .
love the Achillea 'Paprika' carol did you grow from seeds ????

more wind today they say well all we can do is hope for better days :) I'm going to plant a few seeds this morning also .
so you all have a great day .
susie

2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT
2-VELMANSIA--
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2--CZIMMERMAN00

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Susie, people are selling seed for the 'Paprika' but from what I've read, they don't often come true from seed. It's a fairly new cultivar but it is taking off for me this year. I may be able to take some divisions later on. :)

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Susie, please mark me down for a trade with Carole (Cville_gardener). I will be doing 2. One with Carole and one with hollysmamma. Thanks!

1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT
2-VELMANSIA--
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2--CZIMMERMAN00

Antioch, TN

Suzie, Czimmerman00 and I will be a trade partner.

OK GOTTCHA VEL MY NIGHT OUT WITH THE GIRLS SO OFF & RUNNING YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT EVENING

1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
2-VELMANSIA----CZIMMERMAN00
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2--CZIMMERMAN00-----VELMANSIA

Carole, your Weigela blooms are so pretty and delicate looking. On my way to town last week, I noticed several huge ones blooming. There were white-blooming mounding shrubs too along the way...their name escapes me at the moment. My knowledge of shrubs, along with a lot of other plants, is pitiful and only have a few Nandina 'Firepower' planted that I picked up at HD last month.

This morning I followed hubby to the shop where he gets oil changed in his truck. It was chilly and had the heat on in my Explorer. It felt like a different day a few hours later when we both shed sweatshirts and changed into lighter weight clothing. Rains are on the way again and took advantage of the Sun between trips by starting to dig plants for my May partners and pot them up temporarily. Also received a replacement order of plants from Bluestone last week. Just as I was planting the last one, the shop called to let us know hubby's truck was ready to go.

If anybody's watching and you haven't signed up yet, you ought to throw your hat in the ring. This is the absolute best way I know how to share plants and expand your own gardens.

When's the cut-off date for sign-up's, Susie? The Orange Iris came from you, didn't take time to check the tag since it was starting to rain. The other I think is 'Velvet and Peaches' you gave me, Maxine.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

i THOUGHT I WOULD KEEP SIGN UP TILL THE APRIL 30 TH .JUST GOT HOME .
Time to Crash 5 am is to early will be back for coffee. GN All

I have the iris Orange Slice that just bloomed today. So pretty.

Fruity, you have dmail.

love to see it crit .

also just wanted to let everyone know I sent oberon Her box since i had many of the plants dug that I was going to send anyway ,
so my may box to her is early but that is ok :) I Just hope that they all arrive safely.

I will let you all who plan to do a trade to alaska Be sure that all plants will fit in a LG Or Sm Prioity or Flat Rate Box . for my 7.5 lb box it was going to cost $27.00 so I litterly took it all out of the box put them into a garbage bag :) Folded them squarely & I About sat on it While shirley Our post master TAPED it Shut HER IDEA :)))) & Help It all fit with just a little bulge Be careful when opening them :) they might exspan on you . so cost was less then 1/2 :))))

I found a few sales today & Here is what I did with one of my 25 cent buys well off to fix super should have left 20 mins ago :) HEHE

Thumbnail by deejay9

Cute jar dj

Nice find, Susie. I passed on a Strawberry jar my gardening girlfriend offered this morning. She has a few small plain old hens and chicks and a couple of sedums I've shared with her and know she'll be able put her extra pot to good use when they're ready to divide.

As we were strolling her gardens and the rain really started to pour, she reached down and ripped out a start of her Ice Plant for me to try, really sweet of her and it has fuchsia blooms. Ice Plants grew wild on the CA coast when I lived there and am glad to finally have one for my garden.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Meh - I can't get ice plants to survive my "winters" here. :/

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Amanda...Why, soil too wet? If that's the problem might try adding some builders sand ( is more square than play sand which is round and more easily compacted, use lots so you don't create cement) to the planting hole, am thinking they prefer a drier situation so ya might have to create it for them (not sure about the winters in NC). Fat (thick) leaves are an indicator of drought tolerant plants and hate wet feet, they much prefer to thrive on neglect, lol.

Raining here tonight, yeah, got some annual vines planted today: Mina lobata, Nasturtium canary creeper, Basella rubra, Lagenaria (apple gourd), Dolochos lab lab, Ippomea scarlet o'hara, Cardiospurmum (love in a puff), green beans, Lathrus heavenly goddess and high scent, ran out of time and will have to finish this weekend, 'spose to be raining in the morning.
Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Well Know I'm going to have my own sale today so i can make room for more . very frosty out this morning so got to go get things around till the sun comes out .

ya all have a great day .
susie

Susie, FOTV and I are going to be doing a side swap with each other during the May swap. Didn't know if you wanted to add it or not, just thought I'd let you know.

TY crit that helps because maybe future trades I can look back at these to see who has traded so I don't set them up again UNLESS YOU SAY SO :)))) . What a Day I Put a sign up at the end of the road for our yard sale & I Sold all PLANTS :))) lets just say now I Can but some more :) or go to bingo :) I'm whooped tonight so going to lay back you have a great weekend will try to get back wqhen I Can :)

2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ---CRIT
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER--FOTV
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I got my Dahlias from Patricia today-nice fat tubers.

My Iris's were at their peak when a freak hailstorm cut them to shreds this week. I am so disappointed-there were some new ones I was going to see for the first time.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Some survivors:
Unstable Gene, King Tush, Champagne Elegance

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,
I just found this forum thanks to WWKathy! I've been searching trade lists -- looking for people who "want" what I "have" and then asking them individually!
So -- I'm not sure what happens next but I'd love to trade and I can do several trades in May of the plants on my "have" list as those are plentiful in my gardens.
Alikat32 (Candi)

Hi Candi, I've already committed to four boxes in May, but will be glad to swap or trade with you in June if that works for you.

I hope your home and vehicles weren't damaged, Alana. Hail can do a number in a very short amount of time. Sorry you have to wait longer to see your new Irises blooming. The ones in your photos are stunners. A few daylilies added two years ago I haven't seen bloom yet either.....darn deer.

alana That happened to mine a couple years ago , tonight we are in for a very heavy frost once again . so i just went out to cover everything . but i have way to many irises i bloom & with buds & Have lost many already this pass week with frost about every morning.
my poor daylilies not sure if i will get anything good from them this year for they really look bad from all the frosty morns.

Alikat32 (Candi) welcome i'm sure we can fix you up with a few trade

LAST SIGN UP DAY IS TUESDAY MAY 1 ST BY 8 AM EST:)
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2-3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY
1-2---DIAMOND9192001----

Susie, check the link below when you get a minute. Oberon received the box of plants you sent her and is thrilled!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1254643/

THANK YOU SUSAN FOR SHARE GLAD THEY ARRIVED SAFELY Oops sorry for the caps

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Everyone!
Thanks! Hollysmomma and I are going to trade....and WWkathy and I already had a trade....

Fruitofthevine - thanks for wanting to trade in June -- that would be great!

So - once we know our trade partner -- we work directly with them right?

Candi

candy that is right So now you have your trades picked for may or did you want me to pick ANOTHER one for you ???
PLEASE JLMK .

1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2-3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY ---HOLLYSMAMMA
1-2---DIAMOND9192001----

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Susie,
I can do another if there's a partner that wants to trade and doesn't have someone!
Very exciting! :)
I'm off to the wild outside of NH now -- it's about 40 and windy....but the weeds never stop growing! UGH!
Candi

Welcome Candi. You have joined a great group of gardeners with an array of plants! If no one has told you, there is a wants/have thread where you can post things. Here is the link:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/#new

Glad to have you!

SORRY FORGOT TO TELL HER THANK YOU CRIT .

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS PLANT IS I THOUGHT IT WAS JOE PYE BUT NOT SURE NOW

Thumbnail by deejay9
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi...Put me down for the May trade with Alikat32, and welcome Candi, see I told you!!! Lol. Now you'll get more goodies than just from me.....Fun huh!

Pix: Coreopsis grandiflora Sunray, 12-18", all season, reseeds at feet, if allowed will make a nice patch.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

That looks like my Penstemon "Red Husker's".
Maybe somebody can ID for you for sure.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey guys!!!!! I'm BAAAAAAACK! lol please sign me up for may. I am starting ALL over. i have no plants besides lilac & no-id coral bells &....dreaded perrywinkle that seems to follow me from place to place. so anything that you get from me will be store bought then divided. some for your garden, some for mine!!!! :)
I miss my old garden, the one here.... well it's doesn't qualify.... ugh... i'd take some pics if i wasn't so embarrassed of the disrepair this house has fallen into. :( at least I have a home & people who love me, & now i'm taking over their yard!!! :)
I'm going to go update my wishlist please let me know how to proceed from here & count me in!!!! :)

Antioch, TN

Susie, I concur with Fruitofthevine, the plant is Penstemon "Red Husker's"

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.