DJ'S " MAY " PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

SIGN UP FOR MAY ;S PLANT SWAP NOW , JUST A GREAT WAY TO ADD NEW PLANTS TO YOUR GARDENS .
THE ONLY GUIDELINES ARE AS FOLLOWING .

NO LESS THEN 5 PLANTS
SHARE PERENNIAL ONLY UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIAL DEAL WITH YOUR PARTNER ,
YOU MAY SHARE BULBS & CUTTINGS IF YOUR PARTNERS WANTS THEM.
CHECK THE ZONE HARDNESS FOR THE PLANTS YOU SHARE .
SEND PLANTS PRIOITY MAIL WITH CONF#
IF YOU FIND YOU CANNOT SEND ON TIME JUST LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW THIS .
THEY MUST BE NICE SIZE OR WELL ROOTED PLANTS .

JUST WANTED TO POST ALSO THAT YOU LET US KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE REC'D YOUR PLANTS . A PICTURE WOULD BE NICE BUY SOME MAY
NOT BE ABLE TO BUT LIST WOULD BE NICE & JUST A TY TO YOUR PARTNER :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING US

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

HERE IS A CHAT LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH US
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246832/

APRIL SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 7:02 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

LAST SIGN UP DAY IS TUESDAY MAY 1 ST BY 8 AM EST:) SEND OUT BY MAY 23 RD .

5---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG--WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
2--CVILLE_GARDENER---------WWKATHY------CRIT
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER----AMANDAESQ---CRIT
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT---HOLLYSMAMMA----CVILLE_GARDENER--FOTV
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA----CRIT--
2-POISONDARTFROG----DEEJAY
2-VELMANSIA----CZIMMERMAN00
1--AMANDAESQ--FOTV
2--CZIMMERMAN00-----VELMANSIA
2-3--- ALIKAT32----WWKATHY
1-2---DIAMOND9192001----
1---OBERON46----
1---GOLDHILLAL/CRYSTAL----
1--SCARLEBEAN-----

This message was edited Apr 30, 2012 12:39 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Put me down, Susie, for a May trade with WWKathy. She's already just sent her part but I won't be sending mine for a couple of weeks since I'm rooting some things. This will keep me honest. Well, I'm honest, but you know what I mean.

I will probably be able to do another trade in May as well but will decide on that in a couple of weeks. ^_^

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Pretty tulips! Mine are kaput after yesterday's rains.

I'll send 2 boxes in May, Susie, 3 if you need me to.

Where is everybody else? Planting last month's loot? I just knew this page would have been half-full already.

Salvia "May Night" is blooming.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

Put me down for this one.....I have plenty for a nice sized trade.
Thanks! Chell

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My 'May Night' is blooming too. Lovely plant, I think.

Hopefully more folks will be along to sign up. May is such nice weather for shipping plants. Well, usually. All bets are off this year.

'Double Pink Knockout' and Opuntia humifusa preparing to bloom. Recognize that one, Sooz? I laid a few of the pads down on the ground and they rooted over winter and are all growing, budding, putting up new pads. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

GM all & welcome I'm sure we will have a few more for may :) just maybe later i just wanted to put up this thread so they can find us :)
I Have buds on my peonies. already & My strawberries are loaded with blossoms .
DEEJAY9
CVILLE_GARDENER---------WWKATHY
FRUITOFTHEVINE
CHELLFLOWER

PRETTY PICS I'LL BE BACK WITH PICS LATER :)

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Please add me for May, Susie. I have quite a few things in my ws'ing that are growing very well, and am going to the 23rd Annual Herbal Affair here in SS tomorrow. I've only been once before but the have about 3 blocks worth of venders with all kinds of veggies and plants. I may be able to pick up some things there too. Box may be toward the end of may as some of my ws'ing are just on their germination leaves, but in a month they should be big plants. Thanks!

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes I'm in for may as well! I think my trading partner is deejay, we d mailed.

GM Going to be a dry day hope to play in the gardens :0 we had frost this morning & so jim is trying to save our strawberries i usually cover but they the newsmen said nothing about freeze here all north of us . wow were they wrong . from now on i will cover they are loaded with blossoms & we may have strawberries by mid may when we usually pick mid june.

anyway i'm looking forward to may & haven much more to share also .

here is how it stands so far. SORRY FOR CROSS POST SC

3---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP
CVILLE_GARDENER---------WWKATHY
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----
CHELLFLOWER
CRIT
SCBUTTERCUP

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 7:03 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Susie, please put Crit and myself down for a trade in May. :)

Thanks. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----
CHELLFLOWER
CRIT
SCBUTTERCUP

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please put me down for May too!

2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----
CHELLFLOWER
CRIT
SCBUTTERCUP
CHEERMOM

Cuyahoga Heights, OH(Zone 5a)

I'd love to take part in this swap!

Carole, your pads are looking great! New neighbors moved in last month where I stole them, but they work during the day if you want more...lol

Our largest local strawberry farm re-opened for the season yesterday, going to 'pick my own' gallon or three early next week, hoping to still be able to get large ones. You know it's Spring when strawberries are ready to pick and Vidalia Onions magically appear in the grocery stores. Both are a month early here too, Susie.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL. Thanks for the offer. Here's the original pad (segment of two pads together) you sent me. It's almost 3 ft. tall now. I took this shot about a week ago. :)

welcome holly LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO ONE OR TWO TRADES & IF YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TADE WITH ANYONE SPECIAL & THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU ALSO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO A TRADE WITH SOMEONE JUST LET ME KNOW .

4---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49
CHELLFLOWER
CRIT
SCBUTTERCUP
CHEERMOM
HOLLYSMAMMA

Nice pads carol do you leave them out side all the time how often do you feed it ??

Welcome to Dave's Garden, Holly! This is a fun generous group of gardeners and am glad you found us.

You know what ticked me off, Carole? Right after the fruits set last year, I was upstairs and noticed a couple of teenagers walking by who were pulling them off for fun. Whatever happened to just kicking rocks?

Susie, they're hardy to Zone 4, Should I wrestle a couple of pads for you?

Deejay, I could do two swaps this time!

Thanks Fruitofthevine! I'm glad I found this site as well! I have met lots of interesting people and have received so much help! I'm happy to take part :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi hollysmama and welcome to this bunch of fanatical plant swappers. Really fun. I just can't stay away from this great group. :-D)))

Susie, yes, outside all year around. You never have to feed them or pay any attention to them. They are truly carefree. Just plant them out of the way due to their formidable thorns and glochids ... and handle with care. Nothing bothers them and they're great if you have an area you want to protect from intrusion, etc. Works like a charm as a boundary or fence of sorts. Plus you can make wonderful Prickly Pear Jam out of those ripe fruits. :-)

Fiddlesticks, Sooz, I know we were all kids once upon a time, but occasionally I just want to knock some youthful heads together.

Here's a Prickly Pear I'm growing that's smooth to the touch. Opuntia 'Ellisana' I still haven't gotten to the point I completely trust it though. lol. But so far, so good.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Susie, sign me up for one trade this time, unless you want to make our side trade into a full trade. If you want to do that sign me up for that one and one more.
Alana

WELCOME AGAIN HOLLY YOU WILL LOVE THIS SIGHT ;) JUST BE SURE TO SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN SHARE WITH A PARTNER .

OBERON : ARE YOU STILL SNOW'D IN WE HOPE YOU GET THAWED OUT SOON :)YOU HAVE LOTS OF TIME IF YOU WANT YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP BUT DON'T WORRY ABOUT SENDING YOUR END TILL JUNE IF YOU WANT. WELL I DON'T MIND WAITING;)

PLEASE CHECK IF I AM RIGHT ON THIS KEEP ME RIGHT :)

4---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG
2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49
CHELLFLOWER
CRIT
SCBUTTERCUP
CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA

Susie, Chell and I are going to exchange a box in May.

Rainy day, a good one for a pot of vegetable soup.

ok susan GOTTCHA Just wanted to let you all know I have a couple things going on this afternoon so will be away from the computer till about 6-7pm so keep looking , keep chatting back later :)

2-3 FRUITOFTHEVINE-----DEEJAY49-----CHELLFLOWER
CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
CRIT
SCBUTTERCUP
CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA

Antioch, TN

I am in for May also.

FRUIT yes you can put me down for a pad of it :)
welcome velma good to have ya join us sure you will enjoy it here . feel free to search through everyones haves & wants maybe you can strike up a swap or two or three ;) all i ask is that everyone make clear as to what your trading & when & keep track here with us :))) . we love to see what everyone is adding to their gardens :)

it would be great if you can share pictures with us if you do not have a cam tell your partner maybe she can take the pictures for you .
well i need to try & keep daddy away so i can get some sleep later tonight :)hehe so ya all have a great evening .

1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA
1-VELMANSIA--

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Susie, Hollysmama and I are going to do a trade.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm a gonner. Please add my name to the list, Susie. :D

AMANDA ??? I'm a gonner.???? OK I WILL BE MIA FOR A FEW HOURS WILL TRY TO GET BACK IN AFTER SUPER.
TY ALL

5---DEEJAY9-------OBERON46----SCBUTTERCUP-----FRUITOFTHEVINE----POISONDARTFROG--WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
1--CHELLFLOWER----FOTV
1--CRIT
1--SCBUTTERCUP
1--CHEERMOM
2--HOLLYSMAMMA
1-VELMANSIA--
1--AMANDAESQ--

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I mean I'm an addict and I can't help myself. Sorry to be obtuse. Part of my charm. :D

I think the number next to my name means one plant ? Or one partner/trade? Maybe I should go to your interest thread to figure that out - or to the top of the page!? In any event, I'll have plenty of plants to ship in May. Now just to find the postage . . ..

A.

Antioch, TN

AmandaEsq, glad you ask! What does the number means? I could do a 2-partner trade......maybe I'll get the plants I really need.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It means that is the number of trades you are doing for May thus far.

JUST TELL ME HOW MANY TRADES YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO & WE WILL TRY TO FILL YOU UP :))))
my errands are done it is to windy & Cold to be outside even with the sun shining I can handle cold if there is no wind .
I'm going to go take a couple of pictures to see if anyone can name them for me .

The wind is horrible here today too! I thought for sure this huge evergreen tree was going to fall on the house!

ok here they are I Knew the 1st one then lost the name so please refresh my memory Pic three is of picture two but just more of them .
your welcome to some if you like they are very short 3-4"high like a violet sure they are a campanula of sorts
#4 are my few lenten rose " ivory prince ' I think ???

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie that first one looks like a spurge/Euphorbia. It's pretty! #2 sure looks like a violet with those heart shaped leaves, but I'm not an expert.

Keep me at one trade for now. I'll update before the cut off if I can. ;)

xox

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, Euphorbia polychroma is the first one, I think, Susie. The second one is the common species wild violet. Maybe ... it could be another variety.

They are looking good!

Elk Horn, KY

Please sign me up:)) two trades are fine. Thanks! Great way to get awesome plants. Just love it here!

Antioch, TN

Agree with Cville but are there 2 plants growing together in the first picture? The flowers are definitely Euphorbia polychroma (spurge) but I am seeing blade foliage that doesn't go with the
plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.