2012 Plant and White Elephant Swap

Dahlonega, GA

Don't tempt me, Brenda.

Well Ralph has the day off so he will be driving me down for the swap,, sure would love some of those angel trumpets....

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome, Ralph. He will be added (though I'm afraid to ask who Ralph is). Last year you mentioned coming with Goober. I DM'd and asked you not to bring your dog. How was I supposed to know your granddaughter goes by Goober when my canine is also a Goober? lol

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Kris! Wonderful! I am so glad Ralph will be with you. I am so sorry to miss. If you get a chance, please drop by here and get the quince trees I promised people.

My sister is on hospice and not doing so well. Lots of family things going on here so I will be happy for anyone to send up a few prayers for me and family.

Dahlonega, GA

Done , goldhillal !

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Laurel:

When is this wedding? The leftover trailing Petunias I have aren't really taking off because they're in small pots.

Additionally, I see no takers (or do I?) of the other stuff I've offered, particularity the Coleus. Considering my Impatiens have been ravaged by the downy mildew disease I may just use all of them. I really don't want to drag along all of them.

Lula, GA

Ken, I sent you a message, confirming that I wanted coleus and that I will have some hostas. And I would not mind a few trailing petunias, if you don't decide to plant them all after all!!
See you in a few days.

Brenda B

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Ken, are they the "Native" petunia?, if so, I would like to get a start.Thanks, Mike

Just to clear things up,,

Ralph aka Ralphie aka Papa is my long suffering husband of 26 years,,lol.

Goober is Kaitlyn Elizabeth Diane Gomez . Hence the Goober...

Gryphon is my poor abused and suffering 14 year old grandson yard slave. He is also the Comic Relief around here.

Crystal.......................... I now have a land line will call you with the number in a few minutes,,

You sound like you have a good sense of humor and I bet Ralph is not as long suffering as you make out. That or he is nutz about hot dogs! Besides, twenty six years makes you all but newly weds.

Ken, the wedding weekend party is the weekend of July 28th. I have time for things to grow. If you are needing them for your garden please don't feel you have to bring anything. I am trying to spot in some annuals. Whatever you care to bring will be used as long as it's not a lot.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

"If you are needing them for your garden please don't feel you have to bring anything"

Nah, I like to share. Almost better than receiving. Native Petunia? No, they're from plugs. I'll have a small variety of stuff. I may even dig up some of those fugly Caladiums that came packaged wrong. They look ugly to me. Pic below. So mad! I've kind of lost some interest recently due to that and the Impatiens disease.

Thumbnail by kdfisher

They are not fugly!

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

"brugmansia/Angel trumpet"

Brenda. I've seen some of those make it around here... I'm 7a. I'll try one

Thumbnail by kdfisher
Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

I disagree. Downright FUGLY! LOL. I wanted these, or I was assuming these would grow...

Thumbnail by kdfisher
Lula, GA

Last minute offer---

One or two banana/ musa pups (sumatrana) for several people. These are very prolific and have green leaves streaked with red. Time is short for me, so I will divide them out and place in plastic bags.

Brenda

Dahlonega, GA

I'd like one to take to Tex

Lula, GA

Okey, Sally, on the nanner tree.......it is a cute little baby now but will get much bigger. ....... good plant for a hot dry climate........ if this grows alot over the summer for you, you are gonna have to take some pups off this one to take to TX come November!

Ken, got you down for a brugmansia/angel trumpet!

~Brenda

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Cool. Thanks Brenda.

Anybody want some of the Caladiums I posted above? I may did two or three up. They were de-eyed and showing lot's of shoots

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9173124

I think our daughter would love a few, Ken. If she can't fit them in her suitcase I will pot them and keep them for her until they drive down for their wedding weekend.

We are now at Maypop. DD called a while ago to say she and her beau are at the D.C. airport. They are on the way. They will be staying in Atlanta tonight and getting their Georgia marriage license first thing in the morning, then head this way. Terry and her SO will be joining us late tomorrow evening. We have a full house! Let the Rounding Up begin! Actually I have to fire up the vacuum cleaner a bit first. Thankfully there's no silver to polish.
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

When pushed for time , dip that silver . Good in a pinch .
Brenda , you should see the elephant ear . I think Sandy gave it to me . I'll take a picture of my stuff so you can see it .

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Brenda, would love a pup.I've had good intentions, about finding one of those, for some time. Thanks, Mike

I would love some caladiums,,,,,,

Lula, GA

Ken....................Would love a any left-over caladiums, please.

Mike.............................. bringing a banana pup for you. May be two, tho! You can separate them! I still want some of your echinacea.

Sandy will be over to help me get all into the truck this evening.

Laurel, enjoy your guests. Soon you will have alot more! ;-)

Brenda

So I am not the only one with insomnia tonight??

I'll be ready, Brenda.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Somebody needs some sleep

Lula, GA

Hey, everyone, Sandy and I got home and are unloading and cooling off. Thanks to everyone for the trades, and the chats.

Laurel, and Steve, and family did a wonderful job of hosting. Thanks you. We got garden tours and sat in clumps& clusters, and did tours down memory lane. So nice to meet Emily and beau, too!!!

We have a fantastic time and got to hug a few necks. And meet some new folks........well, new to me!!! And to enjoy the tranquility of beautiful Maypop.

Got some wonderful trades and received many great trades in return. I don't know how it is, but seems like I come home with double or triple what I traded for. I am excited to get a'diggin. Tomorrow is soon enough, tho!! ;-)
I am plum wore out and am gonna take a little rest, first!

Dahlonega, GA

You said it all for me too. Nap time . Another trip up there tomorrow , just in and out . Left my camera and chair .Nap time now .

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

Quote from digger9083 :
You said it all for me too. Nap time . Another trip up there tomorrow , just in and out . Left my camera and chair .Nap time now .

Thanks to Laurel and Steven for having us at their home.

And may blessings be with the family and friends and the wedding couple.

Dahlonega, GA

They ARE a GOOD looking couple .Sweeter'n sugar .

It was great to see you all and our pleasure to host. Today the refrigerator side of the kitchen is torn out and cabinets are being moved to accommodate a new, larger fridge. Evan and Emily are down at the pond cutting volunteer trees on the dam. Steve is off tractoring somewhere on the property (I think bush hogging the back road).

Hope you all got home safe and sound. Kiseta barely made it out of the driveway. We all agree, Terry is terrific at guiding and directing here on DG, but she must turn in her ground traffic control license what with having Sally back up into Etelka!

Okay, off to plant some new goodies. Individual thank yous will be sent as time allows but thanks now to all who left me requested plants. I didn't have time to look over my plant corner yesterday so it was a great surprise to walk out with a cup of coffee this morning and see such a nice collection. Thanks too for thinking of Emily. I will take care of her plants until the wedding weekend and then she will drive them home. It's like she received wedding gifts from DGers!
Laurel

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have arrived fine to my home, swang by my old house in Dearing, just to see if I would miss the place. No, I am in the house I need to be, in the city where everything is close. Mike said that I was lucky that my air bag did not open, so I am gratfull that my sweet old car of 12 years and 170,000 miles on it is still good for a while. It was nice to see everybody, you too Laurel and Steve, I wish your daughter and her DO happy wedding and long life in happyness together. Thanks again. Etelka

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow! What a wonderful experience at only my second roundup! Maypop is such an enchanting cottage in the woods ... beautiful gardens and lovely surroundings. And the people --- what great folks we have in this group (and many more who didn't come). Laurel and Steve are indescribable hosts and what an unexpected treat it was to meet Emily and her intended. What a great couple. Best wishes for many years of happiness. The food was terrific and the company even better.

I am so glad I got to finally meet the famous Digger! What a love! And others I have met on DG in the past couple of years, Etelka (so cute), Mike ( always has a story), Ken (I'd love to see that video), Randy, Terry and her SO (hard to believe that pretty little thing is one of Dave's strong-arms :-), and my new friends, Kris and Ralph, two crazy people you can't help but love. And all the others I didn't have a chance to meet and talk with. I hope I will see all of you at future roundups when I'm not such a drip. I was still recuperating from a medical procedure a week earlier and still trying to get used to the oxygen burden. I've only had it since April. I'm usually the life of the party. Also maybe next time I'll be able to get in on the plant swap .... when I have something to swap!!

Thank you again, Laurel and Steve, for a wonderful day. Hugs and kisses to all ...

Judy

Dahlonega, GA

I have no idea where this "Famous Digger ' came from , but suspect Laurel started it .She's a hoot , isn't she ? Steve doesn't look a day older than last year and with his daughter getting married in a few weeks , that would age any man .
Loved Judy , Kris and Ralph , and Choo Choo . glad to see Ken again and Mike , always two of my favorite men . Loved all the hugs from everyone and as usual , the food was different and delish . Terry was a big suprise and sweet D H . She thinks she's grown up and getting old , but I'm here to tell you she looks in her 20's and I have grandkids older than her children .A real luv ! Brenda and Sandy are always a welcome site for sore eyes . That Sandy has the biggest garden yard that streatches way down in the woods . Paths everywhere . Brenda is as bad , just doesn't spread so far . Amazing gardeners , the two of them .Arbors over everything , the two of them .I can't say enough good about Kiseta . I scratched the paint on her bumper , and she just poo pooed it off . Not bad , but enough to see .Got to looking and Randy wasn't mentioned . My fault , thought I did . Want to know more about what you was talking about being built or proposed for N Georgia . Got your chair .
If I missed anyone , kick me in the bootie . Love to all ,

This message was edited Jun 24, 2012 5:39 PM

Dahlonega, GA

Who made the chocolate pie ?

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

Quote from digger9083 :
Who made the chocolate pie ?

Did I miss a desert?

Dahlonega, GA

You did , and in 73 years , it was the best I've ever had . Even beats Mothers and she was proud of it , a coupla blue ribbons for her recipe . I want to know who made this one 'cus I want the recipe . Even if it's out of a box , I want it .

Hixson, TN

ChooChooGal made the Choc pie. Very Simple.Its out of a box of old fashioned.Coco.

Dahlonega, GA

Already checked d-mail . this will be copied off later . Wonderful of you to send it . I definitely make it one of my regulars .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.