2012 Plant and White Elephant Swap

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's the place to talk plants. Keep your white elephants secret if you plan on participating. I'm reserving this space for what I will have and what I'd like. Feel free to reserve your spaces early.

When adding to or editing your lists delete the italicized lines that have the DG edit dates and times. A new line will appear each time you edit your post. If you do a lot of editing without deleting previous edit lines the post gets enormously long.

Have:
1. Double flowered pink Rose of Sharon with dark rose center
2. Daffodils (unnamed)
3. Garlic chives
4. Extensive heirloom tomato cuttings DM for listing if interested
5. Greek oregano
6. Veggie & flower seed
7. Kerria japonica
8. Apple mint
9. Daylily 'Pixie Poet' (one share) & ditch lilies (common daylily) Mud_Elf
10 Climbing euonymous
11. Artemesia 'Powis Castle'. Bonnie, Brenda
12. Butterfly bush (Buddliea) cuttings.
13. Chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus) cuttings.
14 Bronze ajuga

Want:
1. Yellow Lady Bank's rose. Mud_Elf
2. Natural looking daylilies. No art shades or orange.
3. Blueberries
4. Waterlilies (any kind).
5. Perennial salvias
6. Common cone flowers or seed. Brenda

This message was edited May 21, 2012 11:34 AM

Lula, GA

Thanks. Laurel!

TRADE LIST

Echinachia, common- LAUREL
Rudbeckia----dug to order!
Large clumps of Ice Follies daffodil bulbs- you divide and plant- MIKE (2 clumps)
begonia grandis/pink blossoms
tricyrtis/toadlilies to dig- STERLING
5 dicentra spectabilis- Mixed pink or white bleeding heart- STERLING (2)
Mature clumps of Helleborus Orientalis- will dig the day before the RU, need to be planted the same day as the swap-
Potted smaller hellebores- SALLY
2-pots licoris/red- Spider lilies (6-7 bulbs per pot)- STERLING,
1 Orange Queen epimedium- Sterhill

Hostas- dmail me your interest

Brenda B

This message was edited May 6, 2012 11:11 AM

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

not able to come :(

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 11:21 AM

Lula, GA

I can dig several varieties of tricyrtistoadlilies, if anyone has an interest..... and in several colors, including white.

I have begonia grandis........pink blossoms........perennial...............late summer color.

~Brenda

Me, me me!

Lula, GA

Laurel...............you, you, you ............. what???? LOL! Thanks for the smile!

Tricyrtis and begonia grandis? Which............ both?

Brenda

Brenda, I would love toad lilies please.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I will probobly have some Giant Zinnias, grown from seed, right now they are only 3" tall, but by June it will grow. Will add later some others. Etelka

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have peanut butterplants.how many? Mike

A clump of daffodil, thanks Brenda
Two clumps, if possible, Brenda, I want to have daffodils all around. Thanks, Mike

I have cone flowers in pots, but grandson rearanged them, and I know what each is.I wlii be glad to bring some, and I may have rudbecia, and they are scattered too, but all were pretty.

I also have magnolia grandiflora, about 6 plants.LMK Mike

Sterling; Have 4 peanut butter for you, and Bonnie.

I also have a lot of coleus pineapple splash.They seem to be prenniel, and multiply. Mike
This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 10:49 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2012 3:40 PM

Lula, GA

Mike, I will dig a clump for you..............about how many you want? I have lots to share!

Good to see you are attending.

Will you have any echinacea this year to share? I do have the standard purple.

Brenda B

I have started a have/want list in my first post and will post when I add to it.

Mike, since you are listing trades we can assume you are coming? :) You will be added to the guest list.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, I am looking foward to the gathering.Will understand these post/request I hope.

Doraville, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry, I'm new- can't find anywhere that tells how this works exactly, but is this a swap? by mail?

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

Quote from Chatters :
Sorry, I'm new- can't find anywhere that tells how this works exactly, but is this a swap? by mail?

There is a RU (Round Up ie get-together) being planned. The plant swap is for those attending.

Hi Chatters, and welcome. We are having what is known on Dave's Garden as a Round Up and referred to as a RU. Hope you can come. Here is the link http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1252727/ We will be hosting, for the third year, at our cottage in N. GA. That would be a little over an hour's drive from Doraville.

This is the thread where people post a list of plants and seeds they have to trade. You don't have to swap item for item, just put up a list of what you might be able to share and make another list of what you are looking for. You can use your post from today to create your lists by going to the blue edit option under your name. You can edit that one post as many times as needed to add people's names to reserve their requests. You can say you have two or more trades of an item so people know if extra plants are available. If you need help, shout. I will be off line this evening and tomorrow but there are always helpful folks around the GA forum.

Lula, GA

Mike- adding another clump of daffs for you.

Laurel, adding a few echinachia/purple coneflowers .....I will dig and pot for you.

Chatters, welcome, hope you can make it ..............we have lots of fun.

~Brenda

Thanks bunches, Brenda.

Doraville, GA(Zone 8a)

OK I talked to my hubby about this, and he is asking if we could bring our kids to this.
4 years old and will be 21 or 22 month old by then.

Of course!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Chatters - if you don't have anything to swap I am happy to give you anything on my list - by this time I have too much of everything! Looking for good homes, like for kittens... :)

Mike - I need 4 peanut butters... I just love them; 2 for me and 2 for Bonnie. Please check my list. I will get Bonnie's up soon. Anything on my list for you? BTW: how big are yours and could you post a picture? I lost the bigger one I had in the freeze last year but I still have one and I cannot go by it without having a sniff. What a very cool plant.

Dahlonega, GA

I would love a yellow banks rose
any helleborus I can get

Hope to have a Little Gem Magnolia rooted and
Korean Spice viburnum to root
Kiwi (male and female) to root
Star jasman to root
Red honeysuckle to root
Cross your fingers they root before RU

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Mrs Digger, I have a white Ladybanks rose, can you use a cutting from it.? Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

From Bonnie:
I’d like an Artemisia from Laurel.

I’d like a pot of spider lilies, Bleeding heart ( pink & White) , epimedium & hostas from Brenda. I lost everyone of my bleeding hearts this year. Last year they were beautiful.

I’ll get my list together.

Bonnie

PS - she has some wonderful things already potted

PPS - Thanks Mike for the Peanut Butters!

This message was edited May 6, 2012 8:04 AM

Lula, GA

Everyone, I am back from Vegas and getting out in the garden. Sandy came over this morning and helped me pot up some Gloriosa lily seedlings and I gave my GS Brian his own starts to Epiphyllum oxypetalum and some rat-tail cactus- he went home a happy camper. Sandy dug up some huge mature hellebore clumps for her mom and I am potting up the smaller ones for the RU.

STERLING-------I have you down for the bleeding hearts and the red licoris/spider lilies.................dmail me on the hostas.

SALLY, I have you down for the hellebores, including the one we discussed a month or two ago! I would like one of your Korean Spice cuttings if it roots.

MIKE.................... WOULD LIKE SOME OF YOUR COLEUS AND YOUR CONEFLOWERS, TAGGED OR UNTAGGED!! Adding another clump of daffies to your list!

~Brenda

Etelka, I'm the one who asked about the Lady Bank's. Thanks but I recently got a white one. It might not make it so I'll let you know later. It was very pot bound and dropping leaves. I've always wanted a yellow.

Bonnie will get her Artemesia. I can probably get several divisions more up and going if anyone else is interested.

Dahlonega, GA

Laurel , I read back up and see that we both asked for a Banks rose . I would like to have both a white and yellow . If she can only get one , you asked first and I'll be glad to pass it on if yours bites the dust .

Dahlonega, GA

Brenda , sorry I couldn't get by your place to pick up your excess . Stuff happens . Oh well , before the end of month for sure .

Lula, GA

Sally, don't sweat it. There are plenty of mature plants to go around. I just didn't want to start digging them out and treating them like weeds but..................... I may have to, with a few. I should post a photo here of just one garden bed.

Laurel, if you have an extra artemesia, my hand is raised!! They will go great with my big pot of coleus!

Sally, you are welcome to Etelka's offer of a white Lady Bank's. If mine croaks I'm going to seriously hunt down a yellow one for the left side entry arbor. It's not a random request; there's a vision involved. All that aside, I am looking forward to showing off all the beautiful plants in our garden that are your gifts from previous RU's. I will have some baby hellebores for you to dig if you want them. Remind me to give you a trowel and point you in the direction.

I would love to share an Artemisia with you, Brenda. Even if I run out of divides it is vigorous enough to take cuttings. It's in a contained raised bed that needs to be maintained for the July wedding celebration. I don't mind whacking or digging it as needed.

Lula, GA

Thanks, Laurel!

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll try to bring a crinum seedling for everyone attending. I'll plant some seeds today in 4" pots to bring. They should shoot by the RU.

I guess this means I'm committing to come.

Randy

YEA! you are now officially commited.

Put me down for one please, Randy. And what would you like?

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

Quote from MaypopLaurel :
YEA! you are now officially commited.

Put me down for one please, Randy. And what would you like?

Shade loving (deerproof) plants (other than helleborus which I have plenty of).

Lula, GA

Randy, what a nice gift for everyone..............................................I have plenty of shade-loving plants............any in particular you are looking for?
BTW, did you get any double hellebore seeds collected/planted? I did, alot! We will see!

~Brenda B

Randy, let me know if you'd be interested in sweet woodruff or bronze ajuga. Artemesia does well in part shade or bright dappled light. I have those and a small clump of society garlic that has done poorly for me. I also have garlic chives. They form grassy masses with white flowers that bloom over a long period in summer. They do well in any light and tolerate wet or dry spots. All the above plants are supposed to be deer resistant. Is there such a thing as deer proof? lol Oh, you are welcome to cuttings of golden euonymous shrub, climbing euonymous or butterfly bushes. Our deer are so persistent that I've found the window boxes munched. The only way that could happen is if they braved a narrow walkway on a vaulted deck. Unfortunately they don't eat honeysuckle, ivy, poison ivy or renegade wisteria.

Lula, GA

Randy...........woodland poppy? the foliage is very pungent.

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

We'll try some of each of the above. Bring em on.

I have a yellow lady banks,, I can bring cuttings for anyone who wants them. I donot have any rooted, however can bring a whole bucket full, I will cut them the morning of the swap.

I would love any and all daffodils, and any other bulbs any one has to share. I am filling up a new garden from scratch.

Dahlonega, GA

Me and laurel want cuttings , Kris .

Sure thing, digger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.