Round Up 2012

Dahlonega, GA

Sounds good Judy . didn't want you trying to drive in the dark . You should have plenty of time to make it home .
I had G S for awhile , years ago . Sweet babies !

Digger since I may have to drive alone, I just might want to spend the night up your way.. trying to figure this all out.. Really afraid to make the drive alone...sigh

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Judy, I'll bring the buns, and paper plates, you fix those,"Yum" baked beans.C-ya, Mike

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, I really don't mind bringing buns and paper plates, but if you'd rather, that's fine with me. I'll just bring the baked beans.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I will put Mike down for buns & paper goods. Thank you Mike.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Laurel, you seem like doing the Hoki-poki dance, you know the part of turning your self around and that is wat's all about. You are a better woman then I am, I would say, the kitchen is closed due to illness, I am sick of cooking. But that's just me. Have a real relaxed day. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta
Dahlonega, GA

The bed is open Kris . If Judy gets in a bind , I can double both of you up in twins , share room .One bed is VERY hard .

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Mud,
Looks like Alexander City's not far from LaGrange and I-85. I'm just north of there. You are MORE than welcome to ride with me (or I with you if your car's in better shape than mine) if you can get here. I'm just 5 miles off I-85 at the McCollum-Sharpsburg Rd. exit ... one exit north of the main Newnan exit. And if we get home too late, you're more than welcome to spend the night ... if you're not allergic to cats. I have a Siamese.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Laurel,
No need to send directions. I just found your directions from JULY 2010! LOL

Y'all just don't know how excited I am about this. FINALLY!!!!

Okay, I just sent Maypop address and phone info. to all who need it. Let me know if I left anyone out.

Ken, from my first post on this thread..."We can have another white elephant swap if there are willing participants. There is no garden gift, new or used, that goes unappreciated by a fellow gardener and none to small to share. It's a good way to clean out your garden closet." The swap can be either a new or used garden related gift. The gift should be wrapped or bagged and is given a number when delivered. At some point numbers corresponding to the number of gifts are put into a bag and there is a drawing. We have seen old garden books and magazines, pots, tools, yard art, etc. end up in the swap. Many of the gifts would be considered under appreciated re-gifts. Thus the name "white elephant".

Participation is voluntary but you need at least two people.

white el·e·phant
Noun:
A possession that is useless or troublesome, esp. one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of.

Etelka, I was born doing the hoki poki. Loved your last picture post, BTW. :)

We stayed at Maypop to take care of chores 'til late yesterday though we needed to be in Atlanta early this morning. We pick up food from bakeries, grocery stores and restaurants and deliver to various charities around the city. We broke our personal record with 698 pounds of food that went to the local community assistance center. We have more pick ups tomorrow and Wednesday; then return to Maypop to have fun with all of you. Our house guest exited with us this morning but is returning here tonight so I still have company. Fortunately she has a business/social engagement tonight and I have a little break.

We have another new participant and guest added to our list...ChooChooGal.

Doraville, GA(Zone 8a)

Looks like we won't be making it- prior engagement. Sorry!

white el·e·phant
Noun:
A possession that is useless or troublesome, esp. one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of

You just described most of my family,,,lol

Chatters, was wondering why we haven't heard from you but understood that you were in doubt about making it from the beginning. Thus you were not on the list. Hopefully you can make it to a future RU.

Kris, we are empty nesters so don't leave any white elephant family behind.

I'll be super busy the next few days. Don't ask me anything complicated. lol

Dahlonega, GA

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only slave around here . Lots of clutter right now . Packing up things to transport to Tex and the more I put up , the more I drag out .
If I had parking , I could have a yard sale .

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

So how did the RU go? One of these years I'll get to go to one.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Pictures!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Aside from learning that I should NEVER apply for a traffic controller position, it was so much fun. Thanks for inviting me, y'all!

People have posted a few comments on the plant and white elephant swap thread. It was wonderful! Don't know who has pictures but Ken was making a RU "how to" video. Aside from the plant fun this is a crowd that really gets along. There was lots of laughter. Stories and conversations roamed far and wide. So sorry you guys missed it. Our kids loved meeting everyone. We probably would have been completely out of control if Terry wasn't here. :>)

Dahlonega, GA

I'm not sure it was a female voice I heard . Whatever it was , I should have been watching the mirrors closer . DUH !

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Laurel:

More of condensed "what's a roundup about" Terry was classical. Should have it up Monday AM

Dahlonega, GA

If I could load these pictures I could post also . I'll try tomorrow .

Sally, you've been hearing voices for years.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

I think I posted mine on the other thread. Had a wonderful time! Met so many great folks. Thanks so much to Ralph and Kris for the ride up. Those two are hilarious. Laurel and Steve are wonderful hosts. Maypop is a fairyland of flowers and veggies. Loved it all!

Dahlonega, GA

Those voices give me insight to people . They told me that you and Steve along with a host of other people I would meet on D G would be special to me the rest of my life and we would have lots of laughs together . They haven;t been wrong yet ! hugs

Dahlonega, GA

Terry , you and D H just have to be regulars in the future .

Sally, only if I vow to never, EVER help you back up again. Ever. Whew.

So I'm classical, huh? Is that anything like "vintage"?

More like collectable. :)

Sally, you're special too.

Dahlonega, GA

This is what I love about you people .
We can laugh .

I want to thank our host and hostess too. Ralph and I had a great time!! Judy was a wonderful companion on our ride up and was just to funny!!!

I got load of new plants and friends so it was a great day!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Kris, I am so glad I got to know you and Ralph (even if I did keep calling you Brenda ... you look just like my preacher's wife, Brenda) and had a blast even though I did wear myself out. I think you and I are both such comedians that we are almost dangerous together. Ralph is a great straight man. LOL. Look forward to seeing you both again.

I just love all you people. :-)

Judy

Dahlonega, GA

Laurel made a hit again !!!

Well, thank you all. We did no more than provide the place and some food. All you good gardeners give yourself a pat on the back.

So where are the pics?

I haven't downloaded my camera yet. And I need to get out there and snap some pics of my gift plants in their new homes. By the weekend, I promise!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.