Official Spring 2012 AV&G Round Robin thread

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248106/

So it begins!!!!!

The Spring 2012 AV&G Round Robin has begun! (sorry, no late entries at this point)

It is important that each participant take out what they want to keep, toss what is iffy, add to the box and mail it ASAP. This is what will make it go smoothly.

Everyone pays the postage to get the box Priority with tracking information to the next person on the list.

The box will be started with leaves, starters, and whatever else can be thrown in. When you receive the box and there are dead leaves, etc., please throw them out and replace what you can. Please keep the names and address list with the box for the next person. You are welcome to place anything in the box, just remember you need to replace what you take. You are also welcome to throw in extras. But please don't throw in your old leaves, make sure what you are sending is viable plant material for propagation.

You are not obligated to take anything you don't want, so if something doesn't suit your fancy, send it out to the next recipient on the list.

Once you have made your selection, post to the group what you have taken and when you sent the box out to the next recipient. (Including a tracking number is helpful.)

DO NOT POST TO THE GROUP WHAT IS IN THE BOX, only what you kept. (it helps with keeping up suspense!)

Jamiew sends to imadigger.
imadigger sends to meag848.
meag848 sends to VA_Wild_Rose.
VA_Wild_Rose sends to dispatcher1.
dispatcher 1 sends to Celene.
Celene sends to Carpathiangirl.
Carpathiangirl sends to Vadis.
Vadis sends to EarleG.
EarleG sends to syrumani.
syrumani will return box to Jamiew.

The address list will be in the Round Robin box.

Any questions? Let the RR begin! ^_^

This message was edited Apr 4, 2012 7:05 PM

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Sanbornton, NH

Sounds like we are off and running!

Earle

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

WooHoo---it's starting to get exciting! Can't wait for box to get here.

Montgomery, AL

The box has officially flown! The tracking number is 0310 2640 0000 6331 3055 and can be followed on usps.com. It has 57 packages of leaves, cuttings, and plugs. I only got through about half of my collection before the box was full. They are all in sealed baggies or newspaper cones, so it should ship 'clean'. I hope Eileen finds some things that she doesn't already have in her collection. So the fun begins.
Jamie

Montgomery, AL

Oh, btw, the list with addresses and who to send to next is in the envelope taped to the outside of the package. I had already taped the box up when I realized that it wasn't included inside. They made me put a stamp on the envelope in addition to the Priority shipping charge! The lady was real nice though, and wanted to know all about AV's. She wrote down the lyndonlyons and Violetbarn websites where I told her to look. She said she's been looking for something to grow and collect. You never know where you can find new recruits!
Jamie

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Yay! ^_^

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Package is out for delivery . . . ^_^

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

That was fast, thanks Nichole and Jamie, well done! we gonna hear some exiting news soon, can't wait

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Box came today!!! There was sooo much to choose from. I potted up some AV babies:
Opt. My Joy
Opt. My Delight
OPt. My Desire
Comfort Zone
Fire & Ic
Cupids Kiss
Pretty Miss kelly
Sky Trail
also took one leaf of Primula:
Tamiana
usbrg -98-083
Francisco *izacato
Lutea
Kazu
Epicia Chocolate Soldier
Epis. Butternut
Epis Silver skies

Still have much more to go thru. Box will go out on Monday. I'll post the del. conf.# as soon as I get back from P.O.

Eileen

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Box is on it's way to Melanie. Hope you like what's inside. Here's the Del Conf#
9405 5036 9930 0473 9034 25

I also took a few single primula leave where there were more than two in the bag. I didn't write the names down. Didn't want to spoil the surprise.

This message was edited Apr 9, 2012 2:57 PM

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry for the delay...it's called life. lol I got the box yesterday. Here is what I took

Nymph Fly
Buckeye Lazy Daze
Alsobia Cygnet
Violet Trail
Cirelda
Opt Little Maya
Primulina
Cupids Jewel
White Madona

It's still packed full and on it's was to Va Wild Rose. Conf. # is 03113260000193711466. Est delivery is Sat.
Thanks so very much, it's always so much fun!!

Melanie

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh wow! That was fast!
I'll be watching for it!

Karen

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Wow, a notice has been left already. You are lucky Karen that your mail is delivered in the am . . . ours gets here late in the afternoon, and we are all of 2 minutes walk away from the post office!

Yay!
I am at work now... But I will pick it up on the way home this evening!
(they place pkgs in lockers at our PO with the key left in the box)

Well, I have disheartening news!
I just got home from work, and I indeed stopped by the P.O. to pick up the much-anticipated box.....
There was a package slip in my mailbox!

Now I have been placing orders for a few weeks now, mainly for plants for Spring,
and I have been receiving 2-3 packages a week!
Every last one of them has been put in one of the lockers for people to pick up after hours!
Today, Murphy's Law bit me in the butt, and I got a package skip!

I am very disappointed and sad!
I was really looking forward to unpacking that box tonight!
All I can say is that I am off of work on Monday, and I will be there first thing to grab the box and bring it home.
I will go through it quickly and send it right back out!

I am so sorry!
Karen

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Don't be sorry, Karen, over something that you had no control. This gives you time to save up energy for going thru the box, taking what you'd like, shipping the box back out, then potting what you kept!

I did spend part of my evening getting a few things gathered up to go in the box!

Now off to bed... another work day tomorrow!

Whew!!! What a day!!!
Actually, it was a wonderful day off for me and my hubby!

I did get the package, and was able to unpack it, repack it, and send it out!
I have just been out and about all day and not home to write in!
All cuttings that are in the box still look OK...
Two of my picks looked a bit iffy, but I have put them in water and I think they will be OK.
The box itself was looking a bit worse for wear, so I got a new box!
It is now on it's way to dispatcher1 (Lou).

Delivery Conf #: 0311 1660 0000 9022 7741

I kept...
AV Ramblin Firedancer (2 leaves)
Nematanthus 'Light Prince' (1 cutting)
Hoya obovata (1 cutting)
Primulina USBRG-98-083 (1 leaf was a goner... I kept the remaining 2 leaves)
Columnea 'Jeanne Katzenstein' (1 cutting)
Episcia 'Silver Skies' (1 small rooted plant - very wilted, but think it will make it)
Episcia 'Chocolate Soldier' (1 small rooted plant)

I added several goodies to the box...
I hope someone will find them useful and appealing!

Thanks for letting me participate!
I had never participated in a RR before!
Lots of fun!

Karen

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'm excited! I'll be watching for it soon. Sounds like lotys of goodies to look thru.. I love Round Robins> Lou

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I love RR's! It is so exciting, not knowing what is in the box!

I think it may be a good idea for the participants to check in . . . not every day, 'cause I know all about life . . . but I mean if you are within the next 4 people or so to get the box, check in every other day or so. That way, if we needed to re-route the box, we'd have a bit of notice . . . am I making sense? I'm awful hungry, so may not be thinking straight . . .

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Makes perfect sense Nichole. And encourages some drooling too!

Columbus, OH

I'm already drooling!

Alum Bridge, WV

Checking in as ordered, maam. Since I do not get home delivery (I'm really in the boooooonies) I've alerted the PO to call me so that I can pick up the box as soon as it gets here. And since I hardly go anywhere I should be here to get the call.........

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Nichole,

Waiting with great anticipation! The box will go from me to you. Wonder what I will send you.

Earle

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I received the box today!!! I got 6 new plants. It's on it's way to Celene, expected delivery is Friday. Conf # is

I took out:Av's
Rob's Lilli Pilli
Pip Squeek

Alsobia 'Cygnet'

and Episcias Blue Nile and Showtime.

Heart Fern
It is packed with goodies! Big Selection and everything was in good condition. Thanks,
Lou

Columbus, OH

OMG, can't wait!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Quoting:
Checking in as ordered, maam.

Suggested, not ordered! lol

Earle, you are a tease!

Sounds like you had a great haul, Lou!

Montgomery, AL

Wow, we're halfway through already!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Looks like I did not make it in. I was away for a couple of weeks and I guess I just missed it the beginning. I thought I had already signed up. Maybe just as well. I have a lot going right now anyhow.

Columbus, OH

A lovely goodie-packed box arrived today!

I took...
Sinningia Rio Das Pedros seed
Streptocarpus "Nerys"
AV Nancy Reagan
Columnea "Bold Adventure"
Hoya cummingeana
Drymonia pendula
Streptocarpus "Purple Panda"
Primulina "Kazu"
AV Ness's Fantasy Gold
AV Ma's Pretty Blue
Smithcodonia

I watered some of the plantlets, and packed up my stuff for Carpathiangirl...

Delivery Confirmation™ # 9405 5036 9930 0487 7802 10

Thanks to all for my new "babies", they are all potted up and settling in :)

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

What a great variety, can't wait for the box to arrive. I kept checking the tracking # but no info so far. I'm sure it will be here by Mon.

Crystal, sorry you missed the sign up. If you have any specific 'wants' most of us would be happy to trade, don't hesitate to ask.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Yay! Out for delivery! ^_^

Columbus, OH

It says delivered here, I hope she got it okay!

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh my, what a box full of treasures! you guys are the best!!!!! I had very hard day but forgot everything as soon as I opened the box. Will have to work hard to pack it back and also to decide what I want most of all. Will be back tomorrow with more info, sorry for the late post.

Columbus, OH

I had a late post, too--it took me so long to go through the box, so much cool stuff!

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Done! I cleaned some leaves, got a brand new box and mailed it to Earle who was next on the list included in the box, was it right? because here on top of this thread I just noticed Vadis was next to my name... so sorry I didn't double check it before mailing. Will it still be ok?

Anyways the box is on the way, Conf. # 0311 3260 0001 4263 8493

It was so much fun going through the box, here is what I got:

Callisia fragrans
a piece of Begonia convolvulacea
Episcia Pink Smoke and Cleopatra
AV Precious Pink and Brass Band
Plectranthus ernstii

Thank you all who made it happen!

BTW, Celene -- was wind bad down there? I got two boxes yesterday and was very lucky they haven't flown away, lol

p.s. I try to send this post the 3rd time already, it keeps err on me!

Columbus, OH

The wind was ridiculous yesterday! I drive an HHR and it was buffeted all over the place.

Sanbornton, NH

Nicole, please let me know what direction you would like me to send the package once it arrives. Should it go to Vadis or to you? CarpathianGirl has sent to me instead of Vadis she says. Thanks.

Earle

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Earle - send it to Vadis first . . . how is your weather? The box is only off by 1 person, so it's not so bad! Things could be worse! Then, Vadis can send the box on to me.

Alum Bridge, WV

I sorta feel left out, jumped over and just plain given no consideration at all, at all. You all please say something to make me feel like I belong or at least will get some consideration between now and the great passing away day......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.