April Showers?

(Zone 7a)

77º today! Wooooooo!

Mike, my dream is much the same. So many plants, no one can find me. Heh heh heh...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It's already in the 30's here tonight, suppose to be colder tomorrow night, low 50's for tomorrow ,BRRRRRRR,don't like cold weather even if it does kill bugs and pathogens.

(Zone 7a)

It also kills my happy for Spring. We should be having snow tomorrow or the next day. Yuck!

62º now and headed for 80º. Welcome to Utah.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cool and windy ,windy 25 to 35mph , 50 degrees forcast for today, it ain't there!!

Spent the winter in UTAH once ,snowstorm that winter took two days to dig the T-bird out .Woke up one morning ,no roads,no cars, only white prairie and a few rooftops. not me noooooo, not anymore;

(Zone 7a)

LOL! I say that every year but here I sit...

Mountain View, HI

Grey, rainy and cool again. Today temp has not gone over 62f. Is this really Hawaii? Where did we put the sweaters? Last year we got depressed with three months of grey wet weather Jan - Mar. This year is a repeat. Need an umbrella to get to and from the greenhouses.

Local newspaper had article about concerns regarding mainland weather. They say temp overall has been 6 degrees above average this winter and there is concern about what is in store for the summer. I keep reading it in all your weather entries.

Maybe the earths axis is not going to shift all at once in December but is on a very slow shift. I wonder if anyone has measured the location of the equator recently.

No gardening yesterday or today

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Temps reached mid 60s and sunny today. Had threat of frost last night and freeze warnings out for counties north and east of me tonight. Be nice if it would stay warmer at night.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just finished covering all our strawberries. Every blanket we had plus some rolls of insulation. Going down to 22º tonight. Apple & grape people are really worried. Apple shouldn't be blooming for another month, but they are very close. Goofy weather!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

The forecast said low 50's it never got past 50 where I am. and it's cold 25mph winds gusts 10 or 15 beyond that, it's in the 30's now dropping like a rock. My fruit trees have been done bloomjng a while except for one apple tree.
Hey kwanjin, well, when it snows you can look forward to having more to do(lol

microb Not a big believer in disaster scenario ,only thing is if mother earth does that, after a long swim we all mostly are'nt going to have worry about it anymore,(lo).

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

At 11:31 ,26.7 degrees and falling, man I'm looking at 21 or 22 degrees at sunrise . Go away cold weather , the genie commands.

(Zone 7a)

Are we talking pole shift? If so, my understanding is, if that does happen, we won't even notice. Compasses will look funny but that's all.

I can't even think of 20º anymore. LOL I liked my 83º today. Temps won't fall below 40º, even at night.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

how's this, tomato made it shade tree didn't

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
(Zone 7a)

Awwwwww...is the tree dead or were the leaves just killed?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

The tree will live, the leaves are dead ,about 70% of them. And it's still cold.,I'm not a happy camper.

Highs in high 50s and sunny all day. Had to wear my hoodie all day to stay warm!! Covering up plants again tonight just in case though the threat of frost is mimimal.

Mountain View, HI

Partly sunny this morning, cloud came in during the late morning and by early afternoon it was continuous rain again. At least temp crept up to 69f.

Someone said the earth was supposed to tilt on its axis making the poles on the equator and the equator at the poles. Maybe that would not be bad. We would be in the same place but in the southern hemisphere. I think its all a bunch of hogwash but makes a change from global warming. :)

(Zone 7a)

I'm with you, Mike. Hogwash is a good word.

Maybe I should start a thread on rumors that caught us up. ^_^

48º and overcast.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it's breezy about 48 here too going to be 60 and it's sunny!! 40's tonight maybe,

kwanjin; what's the plant in the pic?

(Zone 7a)

Oh! That's Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace'. One of my favorite perennials.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Cold and wet today. Temps only reached low 50s and we had scattered rain off and on all day. We have chances of rain and storms thru Sunday.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About 50 degrees currently maybe around 40 tonight don't know if that will be. no wind and calm.
planted grandma's lilac, mowed the lawn, mulched tomato, added earth to the garden, raked the grass.Plucked out winter sown tomatoes that dwarfed and burned.started tomato seeds for later summer harvest. took some pics.

sambcus nigra is a pretty,pretty, plant!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

53°/57°/52°
Through 9am: Light rain developing by mid-morning. Becoming mostly cloudy with temperatures falling to near 46F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Rain showers early then thundershowers for the afternoon. High 57F. Winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Celia,
Have you found any more gourd seeds?

Sherri,
I could use a lot bigger garden, but sort of ''painted myself into a corner'' with the one I do have. Not much room to expand.
I love your little back yard! The stone walkways are really neat and I love the round central planting in the first picture! It seems very private, but I imagine you have neighbors very close.

Pepper,
Tthose 70° days are perfection!

Mike,
I too would love a whole yard of nothing but flowers and paths, but when I look at my sea of grass, I realize I need that balance.

Juhur,
I hate any feel of cold weather right now and it was not cold enough last winter to kill any bugs. Yesterday I had gnats bugging me. I thought they needed water to hatch and we've had no rain at all.

Mike,
Your days do not sound very Hawaiian :o(
I think the world is going to change this year. Natural or man-made is the question. I think both.

Bernie,
We lost baby grapes. I can't tell about the apples, but north of here they aren't very hopeful :o(

Celia,
No, we won't notice a pole shift, but I do think the weather is going to change. What's funny is, when they revised the zone map a few years ago I was zone 5a. I am now, after a newer revising, zone 5b.
What is real tho, is the moon moving away from the earth. That will be our changes.
Do you have any suckering with the sambucus?

Juhur,
We stayed warmer last night and I'm hoping that the below 30 temps are over!!

I weeded in the garden yesterday but the chilly wind just gave me a headache. I can't decide if the coughing the boys did here, morphed into a cold or sinus.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looking for rain.
Stupid radar shows us in a yellow area. Not a drop of rain yet.
I think they take pictures of clouds & not the actual rain. To fancy equipment these days.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Currently it's 55 in my garden with a light mist. The forecast calls for mid 70's today and thunderstorms all weekend. Oh well, we need the rain and I could use a weekend off from garden chores.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got about 2 tenths inch of rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was about 65 here today around 50 for tonight,very slight breeze.

Grandma says the plant damage was acid in the frost.

billyporter;I get peat knats every once a while, and the others in summer that are hard bodied and hurt when they bite,I'm glad they don't stay long.

countrygardens; That's here as is, radar forecast showing rain and zilch,nada. Forecasts play with us and our hopes some .

Planted some seeds calypso cukes, and hierloom tomatoes,Watered the marigolds ,african daisy,and garlic chives.Oh yeah planted some zinnia and morning gories in the flower beds.

Waiting for storms to hit again. Got hit with a boomer last night and already tonight have storms in Olk that have spawned tornadoes. Those storms will reach us later tonight. Tomorrow under a risk for tornadoes. High risk is in Kansas but that's not very far!! Just gotta keep eyes on sky.

Temps were in 40s this morning and got up to low 70s.

Clematis blooming. That's my iris bed then lilies right behind those against the deck. I have catmint, tree peony, tall phlox, butterfly plant, geranium, snapdragon, columbine and turtle plant around the clematis. Had Don Juan climbing rose there but he bit the dust over the winter. So now either Penny Lane or Westermoreland climbing roses will go there. And will go on the other side of the trellis to get the southern exposure. Maybe that will help.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh wow I am so sorry for the cold snap...I haven't been watching the weather much this past week. Tornadoes again...stay safe.

Mike if I had land like yours I'd diminish my bank account. My lot is small but I still manage to find a spot for a plant I like. I like the metal pole idea.

I love the Black Lace plant, very nice and clematis is so pretty, I've seen some have luck with it here, but I never have.

Billy yes I have neighbors all around me, but can't see them and they can't see me. ; -)

Anyone here from Texas gal since all the tornadoes went through Texas?

Oh and my weather...well the same as last time.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I heard last night there is tornado warning around here and I'm safe...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/severe-weather-warning-midwest/story?id=16139021#.T4mGiNWkAuc

I has been ill since last Wednesday until now I just hate the allergy around here! I just get little better but long way to heal up...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

light rain no severe weather ,return afterwhile with more.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thunderstorms and 70 degrees, How's with the tornado's central south,heraring there's been a few. Saturday and everyone's into something,me ,I'm sitting, watching it rain.
No gardening this weekend while it rains, that happens a lot here.

Mountain View, HI

Weather is nice and calm and quite dry now for a few days. A few light showers at night but things are drying out.

How do you folks survive in the tornado areas. They seem so unpredictable I think I would live in fear all the time.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have someone give me a Buddha's Hand citrus tree. It is a rooted branch cutting so will probably not fruit until next year but the parent tree had fruit and it is weird. Like an orange with an squid attached. Can't wait to get mine to fruit.

Spent $16 of great local fruit and veggies at the local farmers market this morning. Change out of $20 was just enough to buy a nice dark blue miniature Iris that I don't have. Similar bloom size to the light blue and yellow walking Iris.

Stay safe around those tornados.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Severe tornadoes in Western Kansas and hail in Nebraska. They say it will reach our area (on the border of Missouri, in a suburb of Kansas City) about 1:00 am. I hope we don't get damage.

Here is one of my first iris of the season "Batik" (although a NoID heirloom variety bloomed last week).

OOOPS! I keep forgetting DG doesn't accept vertical photos!

This message was edited Apr 14, 2012 4:12 PM

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Let's try this one.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

Olkahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa all have had reports of tornadoes. Nothing here in KC area so far. Highs in the mid to high 70s, humid and the sun came out this afternoon which didn't help the atmosphere here.

Queen Elizabeth climbing rose. I only have one cane since I almost killed it a couple years ago by over pruning. Never has bloomed either. Gotta find a way to get it back on the trellis so it doesn't flop so much.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Raining here this evening. I hope it lasts all night.
Tomorrow the storm system will be east of us, so should be no worry here.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

There is 120 tornado hit...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/midwest-storms-tornadoes-severe-storms-threaten-country-midsection-194415173.html

I have T-storm warning coming around at 11 am today... So, I stay home...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Windy ,really windy like 35-45 today sunny and going for 80.

kwanjin: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! on your winning photo, AND YES I really voted for the 1st and 3rd in that one.And one of the runnerups also.

I feel like my vote counted.

(Zone 7a)

I'm very excited! I saw some of the others and didn't think mine would win. Thank you to all who voted.

55º today and sunny. Got the front bed cleared and ready for new soil. Pics to come...

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

I haven't seen the results yet, but congrats Celia! Going to check !
I hope the tornadoes didn't do too much damage...so scary!
It rained buckets on Saturday, and last night too, but the temps are up, over 50F during the night and 68F during the day. High humidity though.....made us sweat a lot!LOL
The spring cleaning is done and we had a happy Easter....ours was yesterday..., but I miss so much being on DG...I mostly read and had to run back to cleaning!LOL My DD was of great help too, so I wasn't that worn out as I used to be in other years.
Saturday I cooked all day lamb goodies and a cheesecake. The colored eggs were bought already colored so I didn't have to do that also.
We have lots of flowers blooming and the trees are blooming too.
Sending you some pictures with the goodies on the table, the family, Nicholas cleaning an egg, and the hopping bunny toy which we gave Nicholas for Easter.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.