TEA ROOM # 106

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh, Moon, they are all so pretty. I love them all. Karen, I was just guessing but it is a beautiful stone.
Yes, I'll take another picture when I get them planted and keep you updated thru the summer.
I love all the "Attack Cats on Duty" so cute.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

I just look and covet the rocks pictured there....wood, stone and metal.....sigh...so much beauty...so little room. GRIN

They really make a good team...they hunt together...poor moles don't stand a chance.....

Me too Moon. I have about cluttered myself out of room. ☺
White wisteria
California Poppy
My sweet Missy Mae
Amaryllis

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. The kettles on Jean I needed an early cuppa this morning. Lots to do. Love the watch cats. Colleen

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Thanks for putting the kettle on Colleen.
I had to go out and open the greenhouses before we head off a bit later for shopping.
Here we are 3 months into the year already. After Easter, it will be no time until Christmas. Where does the time go ?
Maybe its an age thing. Time goes faster as you get older...lol..
We have alight fog here this morning so I expect a lovely day.
Yesterday I attacked some of the jungle. Boy there were some long branches in there.
Plants had extended themselves to get through others to the light.
I am going to have fun removing everything when I finish.
I will just carry it all down the back and build another plant "fence" under the gum trees.
It soon breaks down and quite often, some bits will shoot and grow.

It is looking very bare in parts of the cleared garden now. I will have to be careful not to plant more to fill the spaces as once the plants grow back , they will soon fill all the emptiness.
I may just add a small plant or two along the paths.

Hello Dianne, Charleen, Moon, Teresa, Louise, Anthony, Karen and Sue.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and that you are all feeling really great today.
Enjoy your gardens and dont forget to relax with a cuppa during the morning..
Try this Chocolate & Coffee Cake..

Happy day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Good morning world. Again, in a rush this morning. Will have to come back when I have time to be more thorough.

Moon, that is a wonderful page to see all the various agates. It is an amazing stone. I don't have any of the expensive ones, just bits and pieces, but a favourite is this one in the rough called Pink Lace Agate.

Will try to get back when I have more time. Meanwhile, all the best to everyone.

Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong

I love rocks, that is pretty too...

Clifton Springs, Australia

Love the pics everyone has posted, the dogs, cats, flowers, agates...love the link Moon, don't they make you drool.
I had some sliced agates all different colours, at least I think they were agates, I started to get too many, so I had to stop...Also had a couple of those special rocks that when they are cut in two they have like a crystal inside...I forget what they are called now...absolutely beautiful when they are wet.

Ray is home now, so he beat the ladies, he was very pleased and now he's very sore...I have to give him an injection in the stomach, daily.
That stops the DVT....he starts physio next week.....because the physio is coming to our house to get him started, listen to the questions that health and safety require answers to.
Do you own a gun?
Is anyone violent living in your house?.
Can the physio use the front door?
Do you have a dog?
Do you have a cat?
Do they bite?

Would anyone answer YES to the first 2 questions....I suppose in today's world, they have to ask...

Charleen, I have the answer to the worming difficulty....I always add a handful of Completo to Mick's hard feed and he loves it...It's like a muesli for horses, but it's the molasses in it that he loves most...so I got some of the molasses that I use for the Brugs and mixed up a couple of large cups of Completo added the worm paste then an extra big dollop of molasses and mixed it all together...added a sliced apple and prayed...

He looked at it, sniffed it, walked away, he knew what was in there, then he came back. After a couple more sniffs, he ate some, walked away again , came back and finished it....if only it's as easy as that next time.....I have tried to disguise it so many times, but the smell of his 2 favourites got the better of him...yippee.......I also think what might have helped is that I hadn't given him hard feed for 2 days prior..
and he had been looking for it.

Have a nice evening all.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Dianne, The real football, starts in less than 30 minutes,.,.GO THE BLUES!!!!!!
A cross post!!,.,Could be worse Dianne,.,.I know a question they left out...'Do you own a demented ferocious cockatoo'-Holy Moly, i've had stern words with all these birds here,for paying out on me,, but they dont take notice,,.my little zebra finch hasnt turned up for a feed of tucker for 4 days,-hope he hasnt become bob hawke fodder,..,
This message was edited Mar 29, 2012 3:08 PM

This message was edited Mar 29, 2012 3:17 PM

Good Morning

Yes Dianne...they make me drool...grin The rock formation you are thinking of is Geode....and they are just fine...

http://www.google.com/search?q=geodes&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=hWF&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=SFR0T-CSNtOztwe67cmNBg&ved=0CHYQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=770

This message was edited Mar 29, 2012 7:24 AM

Beautiful, Moon. Don't we love the stones???....
Dianne, sometimes we have to be sneaky with our critters....☺

Oh yes. My mom used to swear i was part Magpie....attracted by bright shiny things....grin

Have you ever tried the Apple flavored worm paste? It is what they use at the Equine center here. Dr Klienpeter said they used to applesauce but now use the flavored paste.

I will look for it, Moon...

Brisbane, Australia

Ooooh, I love the geodes, Moon. I only have a few less interesting bits but they fit in well with my other rocks.

Dianne, I hope Ray doesn't need that needle much longer. I also hope its a small needle. In hospital they used to puncture me daily with this vicious thing that left my stomach black and blue.

Anthony, your little finch could be off doing finch things. The birds seem to have the seasons a bit mixed up lately and some are nesting right out of season. Some of Barry's visitors have disappeared too, but we know they'll be back eventually. Hope your little finch will be too.

I'm having a mouse problem here, almost a plague. Have had to call for help as I think they are getting in where the gas pipe to the stove comes up through the floor. I can't move the stove myself to check it though. But the mice are coming out from the stove each night. I've caught 4 and another got away, then 2 more woke me up during the night. They aren't small ones either. I can't figure where else they could be getting in. It could take 1 - 14 days before they come and check it out. Meanwhile, the mice play all through the house at night, and I can't use the oven as they've blocked the gas flow to it.

Staying home today to do some housework. How boring. Hope everyone has a fine day.
Karen

Clearing is still going on, albeit slowly. Barry is getting to where some plants are still alive under all the rubbish. This has been silently growing for many, many years. I hope we can get it out without damaging or shocking it. I don't see them around in nurseries anymore, well, not around here anyway.

Thumbnail by DawnSong
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. The sun is not up here yet. It should be a beautiful day like yesterday.
I found no orphans at all so just bought my potting mix.
I am going to continue to attack the cottage garden today as well as plant up a few lovely plants.

Hello Anthony
I used to like the footy ( Essendon) many years ago , when it was real football. Okay, so I am of the older generation, but I just cannot stand the continuous hype surrounding what is merely another game . I am so sick of hearing nothing but football all year.
Once upon a time. football was on Saturdays between March & Sept.
One didnt get all the hooha with so many 'practice 'games during the rest of the year and having to hear all about the stupid exploits of some of the drunken morons that seem to be looked on as heroes.
Maybe they should all be take a lesson from the late Jim Stynes on how to behave.

Back off the soapbox..

Hello Moon & Karen. I love those stones. I, too used to have some, but they get heavy to take when one move as often as I did way back then.
I have seen some beautiful collections..
I love the sparkly things too . I still stop at all the jewellery shop windows to admire all the pretties.

Charleen and Dianne, I am so glad I no longer have horses ( or mules ) to worry about. I well remember the arguments I had with them . I was given 3 once as they needed a home and I was renting on acres. One gelding which wouldnt go in a float and a mare with a grown unbroken foal .
They all had to be walked about 5 miles to our place.
Lovely horses though as they were very quiet once in a paddock. We had them for a few years until the owner was able to buy a permanent place and take them back..
One of my daughters was also once given a retired trotter to mind for awhile. She used to nick the shampoo from the bathroom to wash her and could climb all over her. A beautiful horse . The owner took her back when she found a place to have her closer to home but sadly the horse got sanded and died.

Hello Teresa, how are things in your corner of the world. ? Give those dogs a pat from me and I hope Sugar is getting a few more manners .

Louise, it should be getting close to your moving time. Have a safe trip and i hope you can show us pics of your beautiful NH home & garden.

Sue, what project are you tackling over the weekend ? It must be exciting to start in a new place and put your personal stamp on it.

I had better get myself going before it gets too warm to do too much outside.
I hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe

Heres a yummy treat for morning tea....Blueberry Coffee Cake.

Happy day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Morning all..
Karen, Ray has another week to go with the injections...very small needle, luckily.

Moon, the apple flavoured one doesn't last as long as the Equest...apple 6weeks, Equest 12/14 weeks...the apple is only $5 cheaper.....it may be different in the US though.

Anthony, the Blues did very well....poor Richmond...your little finch might bring a family back with him.
No Jean, the game isn't the same anymore, but I still love it....If you barracked for Essendon, we might have bumped into each other at Windy Hill....Go Cats and Bombers 2012.

It feels very steamy this morning, 29c forecast.....you might be warmer, Jean.
Off to check the seedlings.
Dianne

I agree, there is just something fascinating about them.........Pretty shiny rocks and pretty shiny jewelry....grin

I know nothing about the worm paste, Dianne....just that there are a number of brands/mixes available and many of them are either apple or vanilla flavored....just throwing out the info....

Hope you all have a great weekend....the thunder is starting to rumble here again....so glad we got the grass cut today as the lawn weeds were starting to bloom and it looks like rain in the forecast.

Quote from themoonhowl :
I agree, there is just something fascinating about them.........Pretty shiny rocks and pretty shiny jewelry....grin

Moon, what about the shoes that the young women can buy these days......no hope now, but If they had been as good as todays, when I was wearing high heels, I would have spent my pay on shoes every week...my granddaughter loves them too, she is only 16, but when we shop together, it's the shoe shops as well as the jewellery shops that we spend our time in..
Isn't the jewellery cheap these days...last year, I went mad on owl necklaces...only a few dollars each, couldn't resist.
All coloured stones, gorgeous....

Lovely day here...just a gentle sea breeze...

And pretty shiny shoes....GRIN My jewelery obsession was earrings.....I have over 50 pairs and just can't part with them...even the cheaper old ones....I guess it is the gypsy in my soul.....I love shoes also, but when I find a comfortable style I tend to stick with them til they are worn out.....I once found a pair that I liked so much I bought three pairs and tucked two of them away for later.

Have a loverly Saturday

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. I have a poor little sick boy with a tummy bug here. He spent most of the day yesterday just laying on the lounge. I hope Branden and I don't get it. At the moment he's sleeping peacefully but has been running a temp. and moaning in his sleep. I hope he's over the worst now. How is everyone else? Hope you're all well. My garden is full of Brug flowers at the moment. The perfume is heavenly. I have some broms to pot up today so will be busy for a while. I got given some orchids the other day. They are dendrobiums but I don't know what colour they are. Maybe with the SH I'll get them to bloom. Cameren loves rocks too and will pick rocks up off the side of the road and say " look Gran, that's a nice one" He puts them into a box in his bedroom. I showed him the links that have been put up and he was really interested to see all the different ones. Maybe he'll be a rock-hound one day. Oh oh Cameren is yelling out in his sleep again better go and check on him. Everyone have a wonderful day. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Winter virus starting already for you. Poor little man. Hope he gets to feeling better.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Poor Cameren...hope he feels much better soon. Colleen, that must be glorious with all the broms blooming....I picked up a few rocks while I was in Brisbane and Kuranda. I am like Cameren, I will see potential in a rock...grin

These native LA irises are in bloom.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone..

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

Hope I have the date right. ....Bad luck that poor Cameron is not well . I hope he gets better quickly... I hope you get something nice to make the day special...

A warm morning here but overcast at the moment.

Our resident Koala is still here. He must have been moving around in the trees where we didnt see him. They are so good at seeming like part of a tree. He slept all day in the old pine tree yesterday. . The magpies annoy him whenever he moves.

I am going to get an early start on doing more chopping back this morning as it may become quite warm in the sun as it did yesterday.
I have a huge pile of dead branches etc to move down the back now.
Maybe I can talk hubby into helping.

Hello Charleen, Moon, Sue, Karen , Anthony, Teresa, Louise and Dianne.

I must be an odd female. I was never that interested in shoes or jewellery. I love looking at all the pretty things in jewellery windows but never was one for wearing any.
I like my shoes comfortable, no matter what the fashion dictates. I did like my high heels and could dance all night in them , but some of todays heels are just a tad ridiculous .

The sun is coming out now so I'm off outside.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Try a slice of this delicious Chocolate Cake with your morning cuppa.
Happy gardening
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Happy Birthday Colleen...have a lovely day...
We just had a few drops of rain, hopefully it will pour this afternoon.
Good luck to our US friends if they bought a lottery ticket.

I have a couple of Fuschias to transplant, then it will be a football day...
I hope little Cameren gets over his virus quickly and can enjoy his weekend..
I'll save a bit of that cake for later, Jean.
Enjoy your weekend everyone....Anthony leave the plants alone this weekend..take it easy.

Brisbane, Australia

Happy Birthday Colleen. Hope Cameren is well enough to help you enjoy your day.

Had a good sleep last night (rare) and still feel quite slow to start this morning. Must need another cuppa, yeah, that will do it! Thanks Jean.

Another day of running about, but Barry will be here to help out today, so no buses. Hope everyone has a good weekend planned (or even unplanned).

Karen

Happy Birthday Colleen. Many more, hope the young man is feeling better.

O/K Dianne, !!!!!- I did a church boot sale instead...beautiful 2hrs there and made a quick ''TON"..even sold 2 tango liliums!!Spent $150 at Coles 'early' this morning and got 20 c a litre off my fuel,.,.,.wow!Happy Birthday Colleen, I will raise a beer for you!!-Anthony

barmera, Australia

Thank you everyone for the lovely Birthday wishes. I've had a great day. Plenty of phone calls and visitors, lots of cards even a birthday cake. Cameren is a lot better today and is just sitting there at the moment having some corn and watching a Steve Erwin DVD. Does anyone know the Apostle Bird. Well I had a small flock of them in my back yard the other day. What a wonderful little bird. They are so friendly just come straight towards you and take stuff out of your hand. I was sorry when they left. I do hope that they come back one day and let the kids experience feeding wild birds. They were wonderful. Colleen

Good for you Anthony, sounds like a very good morning...what is it that you were selling, beside the liliums?
Dahlias maybe? I thought that most of your beauties would be asleep.

Colleen, I looked up the Apostle bird and they said that it is so friendly, it's sometimes called the family bird..
What a lovely experience for you and the boys.
Glad that your birthday went well...

Have a nice evening everyone.
Dianne

Colleen, did you have a 'jesus' bird there earlier, that flew away..?I reckon the apostle birds followed it!!
Dianne- 50 Tango hybrids[recently imported], 1 triumphator[deranged] in full bud,and a dozen longiflorum[christmas lily] almost in bud [dont ask]..I got ripped off!!-but anyway, thats life!!,.I also have asiatic hybrid 'Lionheart'.....which is a most desirable bloom[Richmond FC] colours

This message was edited Mar 31, 2012 4:29 PM

barmera, Australia

No, I didn't see Him, Anthony, but he could have been running away from those blokes and passed through here. It is nearly Easter.

I am glad you had a nice day, Happy Birthday, Colleen.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Thankfully the darn wind has dropped. It was too windy to do anything much outside yesterday.
I get the sneezes when chopping all the old stuff out so left it go while the wind was up.
I did spend a bit of time in the greenhouse and did the rounds of the plants to ask how they all were.
Our koala is still here. He is sitting in the wattle tree near the back veranda.

Colleen, those Apostle birds would have been great for the boys to see. Its nice when one can get close to our wildlife.
We see a close relative around here, the white winged Chough.

Anthony, so glad your sale went well. . Now you have room for even more bulbs.
I found one of the dahlias I used to have in the cottage garden, It is still growing and now it can see the light, it may flower again.

Dianne, did you eat all the cake ? There was none left when I came in for a late cuppa.

Charley wont be pleased as I usually leave the scraps for him.
Charleen, I saw a donkey the other day when we were going shopping. So cute and I thought of Charley and friends .

Moon, hope all is well in your corner of the world. Lots of spring flowers and lovely weather.

Teresa, how is work going ? Give those two spottys a pat for me.

Karen, dont overdo things there. I'm glad you are feeling so much better though.

Louise, are you there yet ? ......LOl
I remember the kids always asking that when we travelled anywhere.

Hello to anyone else popping in for a quick cuppa.
I am off to check all my brug buds.

Enjoy the first day of April.

Heres something tasty for you all.....Chocolate Peanut Squares.

Happy gardening
Jean..

Thumbnail by 77sunset

We had them in dog pen eating grass this afternoon. they loved it. The pup didn't.

Have a peony blooming.
Two kinds
Old fashion Rose

I love Longears as much as my flowers...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Lovely pics, Charleen..beautiful Peony...mine didn't flower this year...I suppose it didn't get cold enough..
No Jean, I did not eat all the cake..it was Charley.
It turned out to be a lovely day here..blue skies...
Sasanqua camellias are starting to flower, all pink and white and very pretty.
Must plant some more bulbs next week...
Lots of pots of my favourite Leucocorums....
My Monkshood is about to flower, I haven't grown them for years...
Well, I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Here's Riverland Frosty Pink in it's starfish shape.
Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Daylight saving finished yesterday-seems a big shock to me this year,,ran out of daylight tonight,.maybe for sanity reasons, i should turf my mobile phone and not really know what the time is-Some good looking poenys there Charlene......My seed grown 'Wallichianum' lilium is about to bloom.,.,goes to show how'weirdo' our season has been.,,But ,how proud am i?being one of the few people in Australia, to flower one from seed,.,.2 stems from 20 seeds-it was worth it!-Anthony

Brisbane, Australia

Helllllloooooooo.........

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I had a good one plant wise, but darned computer is giving me a headache. Unable to send or receive emails now. Barry hasn't been able to fix it.

Am going to have to try to let people know, no more emails until its solved. Will be hard trying to stop everyone, but I'll do what I can. Barry has his laptop here, so will be able to contact some. I've had to delete all unreceived emails from webmail to try to free things up. It worked for a day, but now its all seized up again and won't let go. Might end up having to lose all addresses and get Outlook Express re-installed. Grrrr.....

Went to the markets today. Got one new bromeliad, and a couple pieces of fancy rock. This one is Blue Kyanite and I am really drawn to it. Next is unknown, the last is Red Tiger Eye. Oooh, I love the markets!!!

Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong Thumbnail by DawnSong Thumbnail by DawnSong

Beautiful Stones, love them all.
Computers are nice; but can be so much aggravation.
Yep, I saw Charley walking around with Frosting in his whiskers. He loves sweets....☺
Anthony, Please show us a picture when it blooms. I know it will be beautiful
This is Iris-Red Rider...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Has been a lovely weekend. The weather has been brilliant and daylight savings has finished so we're back to normal for a while. The boys were both ready to go to bed an hour before they usually do last night so I had a nice quiet night. lol Cameren is still a bit iffy with his tummy but he wants to go to school so I'll see how he goes. It's just a phone call if he needs to come home but it's the last 4 days this week so lots of craft stuff and games going on so I don't want him to miss that. Dianne I have never seen a starfish flower on my RFP. It's lovely isn't it? Well, I hope all are well and have a great day. Kettle's on Jean. Colleen.

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Brisbane, Australia

Hello all. Seems to be a nice day coming up..nice crisp morning and birds are singing. Took the dog for a long walk yesterday over the Green Bridge and round the university..so nice to have so much open green space, including what's left of Dutton Park after the Bridge went in...it was an enormous reasonably untouched area with the cemetery but now it has been "sanctified"..and has been disected by so many bridge access roads and paths. The advantage of clearing it is that they seem to have moved the undesirables on. Middle son "ran away" from home when he was four so I ran straight up there..luckily I did as I would have missed seeing his bike under a bush if I had driven. He was just "talking to a nice man". Yes, he'd had THOSE talks but he's always been an independent spirit.

So nice to see the flowers for Spring, Charleen and Moon. I can see some lovely bromelaids outside the window here. I had planted them along the fenceline but fenceman has removed them. He thinks they are weeds and it doesn't matter whether they are in our garden or not. If he sees something he doesn't like, he either rips it out or poisons it. I try to zen. I never go along that area in daylight now anyway.

Karen, what markets did you go to? I haven't been to Brisbane markets for a long time..I usually go to Caloundra markets if we are up there. small enough and usually genuine sellers..pensioners selling their own plants. Have found some interesting things there. But since they moved from the hospital grounds, it's slowly changed. Some of the bigger markets have stalls of same things you could get at Bunnings.

Still got epies to pot up..might have to start putting shelves in the front garden to catch morning sun..the jungle out the back is growing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.