CLOSED: DJ'S " APRIL " PERENNIAL SWAP SIGN UP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

THIS IS A MONTHLY PLANT SWAP SHARE PLANTS WITH OTHER

MAIL OUT APRIL25 TH

SHARE YOUR WISH & HAVE LIST BELOW IF YOU ARE NEW TO OUR SWAPS
WE ASK THAT YOU SEND AT LEASE 5 WELL ROOTED PLANTS
BULBS ,CUTTINGS, SEEDLINGS MAYBE SHARED IF YOU ASK YOUR PARTNER BUT THEY ARE NOT COUNTED AS A ROOTED PLANT .

PLEASE CHECK YOUR PARTNERS WISH LIST OR HAVES

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

HERE IS A CHAT LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH US
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246832/

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU ARE READY TO MAIL TO YOUR PARTNER SO THEY WILL BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE THE
PLANTS ALSO POST WHEN YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOX .
& SHARE WHAT YOU RECEIVED WITH US PLEASE .

Thumbnail by deejay9

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00----*****FOTV/ REC'D****
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY ---DEEJAY9/SENT-----
2--CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS ----DEEJAY9------POISONDARTFROG
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----HAPPGARDEN
1--SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY----FOTV ------
2---POISONDARTFROG / ------JSXTIGER----CZIMMERMAN
1--HAPPGARDEN-------WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
1--CHEERMOM /SUE G-----MINNESIPPI
1--MINNESIPPI /-----CHEERMOM
1--DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA-------TATERS/LK
1--JSXTIGER---POISONDARTFROG
1--TATERS55 /LK------ANITA

This message was edited Apr 5, 2012 6:25 AM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Please put me down for April, Susie. I'm so glad it's that time of year again.
Already have some plants divided and potted up.

Elk Horn, KY

I would like to join in the april swap. Will post my list later

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi....Willl have goodies to share after all. The month of March has been rather warm here just as many others around the country. So far only a trace of precipt. for the month of March, will be dragging out the sprinklers tomorrow.

DEEJAY...how we going to do this swap, are you assigning names or what, not sure, thought I better ask, lol.

Kathy, I need to dig up our D-mail about the trades we talked about last Fall. Time flies. Has all your snow melted yet?
I think Susie's plan is to list our partners directly on each month's thread. That'll give her a break from having to keep up so much.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ok..so you wanna trade with me first????? LOL. I feel like a dummy sometimes. If you find that list let me know where it is, ok? Hey look at this nifty pix I got for ya.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm in for April.
is my first time with this swap, i have many questions. How large of a plant? Does the plants need to be bare root or do we send rooted in a clump of soil?

Gm & welcome to all
Judy as for plant size you your judgement as to the size you would be happy with from someone else .
or you would buy from the store .
usually we just wash most of the dirt from the roots & then wrap a moist paper towel around the roots then i use a newspaper to wrap in & then Save my bread sacks to ship them in work well .

yes i will assign everyone a partner , BUT if you & another player would like to do a trade Please let me know
& I will set you up if your doing two trades let me know this will help me allot.

I will be able to share with 2 players a month so if you want to do a trade with me just let me know it will help allot if you all can let me know who you would like to do a trade with that would really really help me :)))
then i can assign the rest .

well its cloudy & wet but i hope to pot up a few plants today . have a safe weekend.

oh if your new & you sign up please give us your name please

deejay9/susie

Ok, I am in. Will start updating my list this week as the kids are here!!

Susie. Just let me know if you are ready for the plants I am sending to you and they will get sent out!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Add me Susie. One trade is fine, but I can do two trades if needed.
Thanks, Alana

Elk Horn, KY

I can do two trades.

Ok if you GAL's see's something on someones trade or have list & want to do a trade with them ask them then let me know so I can set the trades then if you just want to do another with anyone I Can set that up also :))))

CAN YOU BELIEVE I GOT MY 1ST SPRING HILL ORDER IN THE MAIL TODAY .
1 80166 HARDY GLAD MIX 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 16394 CORNFLOWER 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86181 RHODODENDRON POLARNACHT 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86178 RHODODENDRON CAPISTRANO 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86177 PIERIS JAPONICA MOUNTAIN FIRE 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86179 RHODODENDRON DOUBLE BESSE 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86176 AZALEA MOLLALLA RED 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 11106 LACED ROMEO CARNATION 04/02/12-04/23/12

Love my order :))) & Will order more when price is right :))) well I Had to get me a new Printer today & after two trips to town & Back I Findly have one that works :) so now I can keep track of so much more :)))

welcome alana will get you added soon

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

WOW..... can't believe you guys have so many plants already ready for a 5 plant swap! I only have 4 ready to go, but I have 9 of my big hosta from where I divided it. lol And my arrowhead plant momma needs to be trimmed. Also have some airplane/spider plant babies big enough to pot up, but probably only 1 or 2 times right now.

I guess I just have to wait until some of my ws'ing plants are big enough to trade to get in on this. I have to keep telling myself "you just got your gardens going or in mind, it will take a while". ^_^ I need to run by the other house and see if there is anything there that I could dig up and pot. I know I had some ajuga, lily of the valley, sedum, hosta......hmmm, that's all I can think of. It is a small garden. I had roses in all the beds in the back yard with a few iris, zinnia and bachelor buttons.

You all have fun this month and I will catch you later on.

I have several things from trades that are just coming up. I didn't know if they would or not. I'm so happy. Several new cactus that I got last fall are really perking up. One of then has the "cobwebs" on the top that I think is so neat, but still very small. Lost a few of them, but they are all named.
Fruity, the Tiger Lily Citronella that you sent me I thought had died, but it is putting up TWO shoots. Yea! Also the Monarda that was in pots are all doing well. The Spider Wart made it through the winter, I wasn't sure it was going to.

OK, enough rambling for now. Will catch up to you all later!

Crit

GM all still a little rainy but clearing off to be a nice warm sunny day :) i have lots of cleaning beds to do today &
have to move my Brugs back up closer to the house so i donn;t have so far to take them in Monday night so i can carry them in weather guy is calling for frost monday night into Tuesday.
our peach tree & cherry tree is all blossomed out even the redbud tree has buds this morning.

well everyones getting ready to go to church this morning & I Hope to get some ME TIME here before starting Lunch
so you all have a great day .

crit we will look forward to you joining us later in May .

susie

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Good morning all, I would like in the April swap.
I sure wouldn't of thought I would have had anything to swap with, but almost everything is up and the spirng flowers are burnt up......sad, but love the weather.

I'll do two swaps for April as well, Susie. Anybody you set me up with is fine.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please count me in for April Susie!

Sue G

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Me for April too :)

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm in for April.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

........jumping in the april pool!

Wow, what a great group and growing.

I AGREE SUSAN :))))
Planting some seeds today anyone tell me about a rattle bush ??? & How do i do the seeds & will they bloom the same year ? dose it need shade or full sun ??? i have 6-8 seeds i was going to plant but couldn't find anything about it .

well I Have a New Printer now so going to go learn how to use it :) ya all have a great evening .

If this is what you're looking for, it would be an annual there unless you were able to bring the tree-size plants in.

One comment says soak and then nick the seeds for germination:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/77138/

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/nativeshrubs/sesbaniadrum.htm

Good luck with the new printer, I'm on a learning curve with a new laptop.

TY SUSAN wonder why that ifo didn't come in for me ? guess all search engines are not alike . ty .
ok not sure if this will confuss you all but if you have other members you would like to do a trade with
please let me know .
Here is how I'm going to keep track
IF YOUR DOING 2 OR MORE TRADES JUST LET ME KNOW THE ONES YOU HAVE SET UP & THEN I WILL SET YOU UP WITH ANOTHER TRADE.
JUST LET ME KNOW HOW MAY TRADES YOU WANT TO DO FOR THIS MONTH .(APRIL)

TRADES PENDING
2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00-------
2--FOTV /SUSAN/------
2--CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS ----DEEJAY9------
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY
SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY
MUD_ELF / KRIS
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER

Susie, since Kathy and I are trading privately, I'm still open to send to 2 more participants. It doesn't matter if they're the same folks you pick to send to me. How you work out the matches is perfectly fine with me.

JUST TELL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRADE WITH SOMEONE & HOW MANY TRADES YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS MONTH. GOOD NIGHT ALL .

TRADES PENDING
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----FOTV /SUSAN---
SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY
MUD_ELF / KRIS
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER

Well let's see.....

Elfie, if you still want bulbs I can fix you up and add plants to boot.
And Judy, I have a several plants that are on your wants list.

Elk Horn, KY

Diamond9192002 and i have just recently done a trade.

Fruity that sounds good. Am I supposed to send you plants too?? I am having great results with all the mini hostas I bought last year. I need to take some pics. Would you like some of them?? I have other plants too.

Ralph took the kids fishing this morning so I am home alone!!!

Susie, since Kathy and I have been working out a private trade since last year, would you please remove her as one of my April trades? That way she'll have an opportunity to send to someone else.

For my 2 boxes, I'll send to and receive from Judy and Elfie. Thanks for your note, Judy. I'm glad we're able to work together.
Elfie, that sounds good and I wouldn't mind having a plug of your Elfin Thyme. Mine bit the dust.

ok we have is this right

TRADES PENDING
2--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY & MUD_ELF / KRIS
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----
SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY----FOTV
MUD_ELF / KRIS----FOTV
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER

Looks great to me. TY Susie.

Susie, I have trades with Oberon and CZimmerman.

ANITA Your doing the trades Now ???? or for APRIL ????

HERE IS WHAT I WAS WORKING ON TODAY WITH JIM I Potted up all the IRISES That didn't get into the Ground last fall & I Put Pot & Plant down in the ground & put MULCH Around the Pots this way the irises will have a better start Once they are rooted i can put them in the new beds when they get BUILT :) & Just a couple of my Blooms :)

well i need to go look for my ma Duck So i can get her into the Barn for the night was to sore to go play Bingo so decided to play here instead :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

I have not mailed anything yet. I did get one trade but I can't plant safely, yet. The way things look, I can safely mail in April.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Im shipping to many people already so it doesnt matter who I am partnered with :)

What plant is that in the 5th photo? Primrose, something else? It looks interesting.
I hope Jim dug the holes for you. Lots of work there.

That's how I'm planning to do some Cannas this year, in the ground in pots. What I do not look forward to is digging holes for large pots in our clay-based soil that's laden with rocks.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

You said at least five plants? 5 of one kind, or five of any kind?

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Your gardens are looking good Susie. Take advantage of having Jim to help you while you can! I've been working on weeding the beds that are not covered in leaves. I have 2 area's still covered in leaves that I hesitate to clear until I know it isn't going to freeze again.

We had 3 pine trees along the road/driveway die this winter. DH cut them down and burnt the stumps. He was going to put in burmuda starts and get some grass growing. I was looking at it today and thought that would be a GREAT place for another flower bed! And it would be a full sun which I do not have a lot of. I am going to put down some barrier, then edge it with some of the huge sandstone we have on our place. Then I can fill it up with dirt and have another great bed! I'm so excited. ^-^

Had DH pick up some more allergy meds for me this afternoon. My sinus' are draining and making me cough. When I lie down at night I start coughing and nothing will stop it! Thank God they make a 24 hour allergy med just for what I have!!!! Tree pollen here is at 9888. UGH!!! Things are yellow everywhere from the oak tree pollen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.