delonix

Tucson, AZ

I do not see anything wrong with them.

I do not mess around with plumeria outside anymore. Not worth the trouble.

Phoenix, AZ

Sharon, Are the Plumies in full sun at any time during the day?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Yes, about 2 to 3 hours.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Fish, I purposely watched the sun today. The Sumac and Mesquite have both grown and encroached and blocked out the majority of the sun. I want them in the back landscape but planted these trees to shade the house to cut down on the outrageous power bills. I will have the landscape guys cut the branches back that are blocking the sun from the Plumeria. Unfortunately, I have very little sun in the back landscape except by the pool. I guess I am going to have to change where I drink my coffee, and feed the birds. Now it is full of roses but still room for Plumeria.

I have been humming what I think sounds like Hawaiian tunes. Still no response. LOL....Crazy "Little Old Lady".

Only 71 years old, but my Lexus SUV is 12 year old and just moved over 50,000 miles. My children and grandchildren are telling me I need a new car. Of course, they all want my SUV, driven by a little old lady from Las Vegas. Currently I drive about 15 miles a week. A new car does not pencil out but pretty soon I will not be able to get up into that high rise SUV. I swear they are putting more air in the tires to make it taller.

Have a great Friday. Rain everyday for the last 0 days. Some times minimal and sometimes big time down pour.

Hugs, Sharon, aka, "Mother Winter"

Phoenix, AZ

I have a monster Mesquite that cost me a fortune every year to trim. So depending on the trim schedule my yard is really shaded or lots of sun lol.

Mesa, AZ

Tiny bubbles
In the Wine
Make me feel happy
Make me feel fine

Tiny bubbles
Make me feel warm all over
With a feeling that I'm gonna
Love you 'til the end of time

I remember Don Ho singing this song! Maybe it will help your plumies.....

Phoenix, AZ

Tiny bubbles!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thanks Susie, I will try that tomorrow. I have been humming because I am novice on Hawaiian songs. But we all have heard Don Ho. I actually think he used to come to Las Vegas or maybe he had a show on TV.

At least you two understand my strange sense of humor. But I actually did hum to my plumeria. I thought anything could help. They are beautiful, very happy, just not blooming.

My delonix is just about 4 feet tall. Spindly but tall. It probably need more sun also.

I saw one of hose elevator type stands that you stand on, press a button and it moves you upward, at Whole Foods yesterday. It was probably 4' wide and about 6' long and had four different heights. It would work perfect in the garden if you had something to move it in place. A large platform to stand on and not fall off and be safe. Then I could trim everything the way I want it. I cannot get on a ladder because I have the tendency to fall off of ladders.

Oh well, in my next life. I pray I come back with the knowledge. I do not want to learn this all over again.

See, still have my sense of humor.

Rain again today. 10 straight days of rain. Ants everywhere. I guess they were hiding in the dry dirt.

Have a great Saturday. Sharon (Mother Winter)

Mesa, AZ

I find that the older I get, the more often I learn things all over again for the first time...... I think..

Phoenix, AZ

Lol Susie, I know what you mean.

Finally remembered to take a pic of mine, I guess it's about 4 1/2 ft tall.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Looks fabulous. Actually looks like a tree. The trunk is much stronger than mine but it is a year older.

I had the mesquite trimmed today so they will be getting more direct sun.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Here are my two of my babies in the 3rd car garage garden area for the winter.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Forgot to post photo.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Mesa, AZ

They look gorgeous!!!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Fish's delonix look better. It looks more like a tree. Mine looks more like a stick with branches.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

My two trees are in the garage garden and still green with leaves. Do I trim them or do anything like that. Happy New Year. Sharon

Phoenix, AZ

Sharon, do not trim. Mine usually loses all of it's leaves. Then in the Spring sprouts new branches and leaves :)

I don't think Detrick is on Dave's anymore :(

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much for the info. Sorry about losing Detrick. Loved his inquisitive mind regarding gardening.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Detrick is on facebook, if not here anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.