I feel so sad

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I really don't have to have anyone comment to this post I just need somewhere to say how I feel. I am sitting here crying because I just don't know why I have to go on being in pain every day. I was in an accident 10 years ago, had polio as a child, had cancer and am now using oxygen 24/7.
I just wonder how much one person has to have before they get a break. I use to do everything for myself. Raised 3 kids alone, worked, drove anywhere I wanted to. I now can't drive, can't lift, takes me 20 times longer to get anything done so I never get anywhere with the housework. I can't get anywhere by myself and feel the burden I am to the children. I hate, hate, hate the way it makes me feel to never get to do what I want. I know people are probly saying don't you have any friends? Yes, I use to when I lived in Ky. but when I left and came back with the kids I worked so much to raise them that I just never made any new friends. Well I don't feel better but at least I have a few things off my chest.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Honibee, of course we'll comment, and it will be supportive comment! I'm not much of a mingler myself - it's hard when you work all the time, and in my case the farm keeps us home most of the time. This time of year always makes little sadnesses bigger and big ones hard to deal with at all. Just come here and know that we will be here to listen. Dave did a wonderful thing when he gave us all this forum.
Where did you live in Kentucky? My daughter is settling herself in there in a little town south of Hopkinsville. It is a beautiful state.

Kathleen

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Sorry to hear your down Honibee. I deal a little bit with what you have to deal with (pain) but not to your extent. You have friends here and can vent anytime. I hope you are feeling better.

Howie

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, DH and I sure don't have any pat answers for you, and I know you don't want them, anyway. He and I have shed our fair share of tears, and we've both alternately cried out to and shaken our fists at God. We're all human here, sweetie. You vent all you want!

Love,
Kimberley & Howie

((((((((hugs)))))))) to you HoniBee. I very seldom come to this forum but something or someone up above sent me this direction. HoniBee,you have plenty of friends here at DG.
It is always best to let your feelings out then it is to hold them in so by all means; pour it all out girl,and will catch them when they fall and will toss them to the wind.
You are more than welcome to e-mail me anytime.

((((Honibee))))

This message was edited Friday, Apr 5th 3:42 PM

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi So sorry you are having a very bad time in your life after some other bad times. No answers Just a prayer for you and yes vent all you want-we all need to get the stuff off our minds once in awhile or the burden would crush our spirits. There are such good people here.

Knoxville, TN

honey bee i am so sorry and i have had to get kids,hubby
ect to take me everywhere the last 3 months and it really
does make u feel bad,,,,,,,i am not used to depending on others and i really hate in inpose .yuck.....so please
know that i am here if you need anything ,,,,JUST PLEASE TO ASK ME TO DRIVE YOU ANYWHERE,,,,,,,,well i don't know maybe between the 2 of us we could drive a car,,,,,,which one you want the gas or the brake,,,,,,,,
luv nana

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5a)

We're all here for you honibee. Get it all off your chest, it will help you feel better.

tink

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

How you doing today, Honibee?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I, like Coco, never come to this forum, I don't know why I did today..now I know. Honibee, I just want you to know that after reading your post I took a moment and said a prayer for you, that God will give you peace and touch your hurting body. I am so sorry for all your troubles. I do hope that today is a better day and know that there are folks out here who love and care for you. I wish I could make it all go away for you. Hugs and love, Lisa

Hi Hope today is a better day shirley

Knoxville, TN

how's honeybee today,,,,,,hope this day finds you feeling
safe an warm in GOD'S arms ,and the joy of all the hugs you can handle .hug,hug,hug,hug,
[[[[[[[nana]]]]]]]

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

I hope you,ve been checking your e-mail. I have been randomly sending little notes of cheer. I often wonder, myself, why we have to suffer so much.on top of that there are so many other things that happen that make life unbearable.yet we are expected to hide our tears and get on with life.Knowing that there are others in worse situations, doesn't make us feel any better,I often wonder also, if my prayers will be answered in my time frame when I feel I most need it . we have to be steadfast. Just get by today. have something to build your faith,like the circle of the MANY friends you have here.THANK GOD for them.most importantly do something that makes you feel good inside. speak words of encouragement to someone you know who needs a "friend with an ear," to listen to them.Bless them!

Hi Honibee,hope ya had a good day,remember to set the clocks back too'

This message was edited Friday, Apr 5th 3:43 PM

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thanks all for the kind words.

Success, MO

HoniBee,

Here's a BIG HUG !! I hope today is brighter !!

Love,
NOWeedSZ

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I just found this post today. Honibee both myself and my husband are disabled and live in pain every day. We know how you feel. I have asthma but have not had to go on oxygen yet. You wonder sometimes why you can't have just one day free of pain. just one day to be your old self. answers I do not have only prayers and love and understanding. you feel free to vent anytime you want and if you want to vent to just one person feel free to email me any time. I always check them everyday. The good Lord has a reason for all that happens, I truley believe this, we just do not always understand it. Hang in there and have a very blessed thanksgiving. janet

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I just stumbled in to this forum. I also have health problems, but they don't seem to be as bad after read'g some your posts. In '97 I went into septic shock(had to be air lifted to a hospital 50 miles from home) and was in a coma for 23 days, in the hospital for 11-1/2 wks that time. I didn't have blood flow and lost the toes on my right foot and have lung problems. I'm 58 and had breathing test done first of the mo. and was told I have the lungs of a 81 yr. old person.I was a heavy smoker for yrs and that caused me to be in bad health now. I have memory loss and it takes a lot of sleep for me, but I feel blessed that I'm still alive, they told my family I wouldn't make it but you know the Lord is so good. They took the life support off and I started getting better. I don't post on the forums much as it is hard for me to express myself and I can't spell worth a toot. I've said all this try'g to say my heart goes out to all of you that are is so much pain.
Ruth

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Ruth! Glad to have you here. I think you express yourself just fine - make yourself known and you'll find a world of great friends here. :o) Pop in and give your two cents' worth wherever your interests lie. Glad you're here!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, Ruth, your story makes me feel like I got off light. It really does teach us to have empathy when we suffer. I've had so many people try to make themselves comfortable by downplaying my problems, as if they can't acknowledge any problem not their own. Invariably, it's someone who really hasn't suffered. You obviously have, yet you think of others. This is a place you can take either route, because you can cry and we will cry with you while offering you a hug, and you can poke fun at your pain and we will join you. Please post more. It makes the rest of us feel validated!

Welcome Ruth and HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE' So glad you're still with us Ruth even more reason for us to be thankful everyday'

This message was edited Friday, Apr 5th 3:44 PM

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. After today will sleep tomorrow. It took me 3 days to cook, wish I could say I wouldn't have to cook for 3 days.lol I hate cook'g but love to eat, wish it was the other way. After read'g lots of the post here I feel I know all of you, because I'v been ther done that.
Bye
Ruth

Longview, TX

HoniBee I am just now reading your post. I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I have had a hard time accepting the fact that I cannot "do" like I used to either. But if we are to be happy it is necessary to accept. Otherwise we will never be happy. I'm still working on this one. I read a book called Tuesdays With Morrie. That book will make you sad, but it shows how we deal with our problems that shows the type of person we are. I got depressed after my heart arrythmias started. Having 2 types of surgeries didnt help. Now I went back to hospital again on Saturday night. It has been three years of being in fairly decent shape. Ive had problems, but not nearly as much as some. Life isnt fair. But, I hope to show others empathy, and let them know I care. Being in certain health issues sure can change our lives. I hope Im a better person for it. We are here if you need to talk.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I wanted everyone to know that I don't have days as bad as that one often. I am getting ready for Christmas and have been feeling good mentally even if tired and hurting.

I WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

It's so good to know you are still able to deal with it! I hope you have a great season and that you feel better.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

MERRY CHRISTMAS,HONIBEE!!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thank you John and to you also

Merry Christmas everyone Shirley

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Have a merry Christmas, and then just go on and enjoy the whole darn season!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

HoniBee, I sure hope you have a Merry Christmas. I hope it will be a day with out much pain and I'll be thinking of you.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Merry Christmas dear friend!! I love ya!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

HoniBee, I just found this thread. I can understand some of what you are going through with the constant pain. I was in a car accident in Sept. of '96 and suffered severe head injuries. After doctoring at the Mayo Medical Center in Rochester MN for 2 1/2 years, the doctors got me to a livable state. The whole right side of my head was pretty much crushed and they took bone and skin from various parts of my body to fix it up. I will always have the dull pain in my head, and since they couldn't put my jaw back together like it was, I clench my teeth because of the pain. It then causes migraine headaches that are coming more and more frequently. I also have moles that turn into melanoma. I've had 4 removed and have to keep constant watch for any changes in others.

Why does all this happen to us and when will we get a break from it all? I don't know, but I have decided that the only way to get through this is to accept it and be thankful for all the blessings we do have. For me, the deciding factor was being able to remain here and be with my children. Many of the things that have happened to me could easily have taken me away from them, but I beat all of the odds and I'm still here. I'm very thankful, therefore I can live with all the inconvieniences. I have learned to live one day at a time, and some days I'm even down to minutes at a time. But that's okay, as the hope of tomorrow being a better day helps me get through it.

I hope that what I have said helped you to realize that you are not alone. I believe that there are many of us that deal with what we feel is more than our share. If you feel the need to email someone when you get down, please feel free to bounce it off of me. I certainly understand what you are going through.

Hugs, prayers and blessings being sent your way.

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Joan

Success, MO

Hi Honi !!

Sorry I'm late for Christmas !! I hope it was GREAT !!

Happy New Year !!
Hugs!!!
Shee NOWeedSZ

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.