February Weathercan spring be near ?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Branson, Leabanon, and Buffalo, MO all got hit with tornadoes last night. Branson is in bad shape. Harveyville, KS and Hutchison, KS also got hit. There is another town in Illinois that starts with H that got hit pretty good too. Last I heard 16 tornadoes were reported. I missed the news totally today due to not having to be at work til later and getting home after the news are over. Maybe tomorrow I will catch something.

Here it was very windy today and sunny. A bit chilly wtih the winds but the temps were in the 50s.

Mountain View, HI

I won't say it again but yes same again today and possibly tomorrow too.

Leawood - really pretty picture - makes me homesick for England, except for the weather.

Glad I put up my three 10ft by 20ft greenhouse. It's only place to do anything with plants. Ground is waterlogged, streams through the forest are running white water rapids (8ft wide by about 2 ft deep) Usually only run a total of 10-20 days a year at times of heavy rain. Otherwise dry beds. Been running now for about a week.

Has to get better soon!

Mike

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Amanda, I saw the report on CNN about the tornados.....WOW! It really leveled some of the areas! 10 killed so far, and I don't think they have found everyone yet. It is really bad

They did say it missed the part of Branson where the shows are, so that was fortunate.

It was warm and muggy here. It is supposed to rain more tonight and the rest of the week. I hope so, as where we put down that Scott's weed and feed is all brown and yellow. I hope it didn't kill out any of my new grass. Now it really looks like a mess again......Yuk. Of course I should be thankful......it looks pretty good compared to where the tornadoes hit!

Amanda, hope you are feeling better. I think I am catching the crud....again. Started taking Alkaseltzer plus cold and flu again.

It is supposed to be 40 Sat AM and cold Sunday and then warm back up again Mon.

No wonder everyone is sick here.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

33°/49°/35°
Sun and clouds mixed. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Minnesippi,
Glad your drive to work went well. It's hard to believe all that ice didn't affect you as bad as everyone else.

Celia,
Love the kitties and the bird!!

Bernie,
Those ponds will be good to have now. Hopefully it's going to soak in.

Leawood,
I'm hating the threat of tornadoes more every year. I'm glad you had no damage.
Beautiful! Is that your back yard?

Sherri,
Love the blooms! Is the pink moss rose?

Pepper,
I always misss the news. That's a lot of tornadoes :o(

Mike,
It's good to know you have weather you can count on! I'll bet the greenhouses keep you busy!

Jeanne,
I hope you can beat the crud. It's annoying to keep catching the same thing over and over!

The wind blew here yesterday and if it wasn't leap year, it would have been March first. So.... Were we in like a lion or a lamb?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

March Thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1244773/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.