February Weathercan spring be near ?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

30°/39°/29°
Through 12pm: Scattered rain showers developing around late morning.
Periods of rain and snow. SE winds shifting to N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 90%. About one inch of snow expected.

Getting behind again. Groceries today, oyster soup this weekend and much house cleaning going on.

Have a great day everyone!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

69°/84/64° Cloudy and muggy...we got some much needed rain yesterday evening. Was nice to hear thunder again....it has been so long. I had to turn the AC on last night, mostly because it was so muggy. Will cool off again this weekend.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Partly Sunny Hi 71°
47 mph gusty...

Get warming today yaaa..

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

According to our weather liar, we are getting snow. In reality, the sun is nearly out & not a snowflake all day.
Must be our way of checking weather is a little better than all his fancy instruments.
Above freezing, ice is melting.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey Rusty, we beat you by 10 degrees, Augusta, Ga 81 degrees and sunny.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We only got into the 50s though it was pretty muggy at times even with the strong winds. Under wind advisory still.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

38 here... :/ Still beautiful being its February :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

High 70's here but have a cold front coming in....supposed to be low forties Sat am.

Time to water and close up the GH again!

Jeanne

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

33°/35°/19°
Snow showers tapering to some flurries this afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

We have a wet heavy snow. I looked out about 1:00 am and saw we already had a light ground cover. It's not ''really coming down,'' so we aren't going to be buried, but it did rain all day yesterday. I sure hope that broke our dry spell!

Then, awake at 3:00 am, heard the neighbor's cat meowing around looking for the lady that's also been around. At 3:35 I heard the power go out twice. I got up and flipped on the coffee pot in case it went out for a while. Usually the third time is the killer. No more problems and coffee tastes good :o) (Both of the neighbor's cats are inside enjoying a warm house :o)

(Zone 7a)

37º here with bright sunshine.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sunny and cold 45...

Mostly sunny with temps in the mid 40s for a high. Now have a quick band of heavy rain and possibly moderate snow.

Going to a walk in clinic after work tomorrow. I've been fighting a sore throat and alot of coughing for at least a week now and it hasn't gotten better or worse. I'm tired of it so am going in to find out what's going on.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

1 pm storm, hail and lots of rain. Lots of trees down, no power for 7hr. I was lucky, my hundred year old oak is still here, but it was very touch and go. I hope North Ga survived well as can be, it looked like they had it worse.

Mountain View, HI

Humid, showery, light east winds, some sun, 71f

Experiencing an earthquake swarm located about 15 miles southwest of us in Volcanoes National Park. Quakes are about 4 kilometers deep. These swarms occur about every 25 years in this area. We felt one 4.3 yesterday evening and another woke us up at 3 am this morning about 4.3 magnitude. most of the quakes are in the 2.0 to 2.8 range so we don't feel them. About 85 have occurred in the last two days. Back in 1983 a 6.9 occurred during a swarm in the same area. It may be over now or it might keep going another day or two. No extra eruption activity expected with this event. Life goes on as normal.

(Zone 7a)

I first heard about earthquake swarms a few years ago. Very interesting phenomena associated with them.

Pepper, it sounds like you have the virus that going around here. DH and I were down with it for more than a week.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sunny 26°
RealFeel® 32°

Cold, temps only in low 40s today and the sun didn't help warm up much.

Went ahead and decided to wait this thing out. My mom heard that the colds are lasting 2 weeks this year so we are giving it another week unless it gets worse. I've never had a cold last this long. Grrrr....

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

i had the crud (sore throat, sinus drainage) for 11 days..thought I had strep...nope. Feel better.

27 right now. High was 29 today.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Clear 42°
RealFeel® 32

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

not spring yet...

54°/68°/60° Nice Thundershowers on the way. Had to take off my flip flops yesterday and put on some socks and shoes, my tootsies were getting cold. ☺

That chestcold has been going around everyone down here in the south too. It is a lingering bunch of crude. My DH never gets sick and he even got it. I had it well over two weeks, before it finally completely cleared up. I think the hot and cold weather has something to do with it hanging on for so long.

Billy good to hear the kitty cats are safe and warm, and the coffee hot. :)

kiseta sounds like some wicked weather...glad your oak survived it.

Mike your weather is always so interesting...never a dull report from you.

61 for a high and sunny. A really nice day but I stayed inside to finish getting rid of the crud. Plus, my pruners have gone missing and Walmart for some reason doesn't have their pruners out. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Home Depot to get some. Nothing got trimmed this winter and I need to trim stuff so they can get the sun they need.

Mountain View, HI

Grey skies and rain all day.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

storms a brewin...snow on the way...LOTS of it.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I'm glad you are going to get the most of it. Rain mostly for us.
Sunshine this morning, 19º

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Hoping we get missed. I havent really listened to the weather at all the last two weeks.
Right now the sun is shining - looks beautiful outside, although I know its windy - so it bites a little.
Not looking forward to the roads (other drivers) if it does decide to dump on us.

How is it that we live in a state that has snow 9 months out of the year and people cant drive in the stuff? smh

Chilly but sunny. Temps only in the 40s. Storms on the way tomorrow.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

No snow yet...still waiting...
Was beautiful today. 34 according to my van :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Rain, rain, rain. It rained last night, and is supposed to have a chance of rain most of the week.

It has been warm of an afternoon....most days don't even need a jacket!

It is not supposed to get below 40 all week, so since this puts us into March I am hoping that an Optimistic attitude is in order, and maybe we will go into Spring without another strong or lengthy freeze of any duration..........

We have had freezes in late March or near Easter, when Easter was earlier in the month of April.....so you never know.......I'm going to hope, dream, and pray we don't!

However, I am going to use WISDOM and not go buy anything that could die as a result of a freeze.....as tempting as it may be......There is no room in the GH for another plant.

Jeanne

Mountain View, HI

Grey skies and rain all day - again

Raining now but storms on the way. Supercells in Kansas, tornado watches out there too but not supposed to be as strong when it gets here.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Lots of rain...freezing everywhere. Snow is supposed to develop over night...

Mountain View, HI

Grey skies and rain all day - yet again

Been watching the weather channel and seeing the storms develop across the mainland. Stay safe everyone.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lots of rain all day after a little snow this morning. Still 34º at 9:30. Windy now.
Big part of storm still out west.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

52°/46°/28°
Partly to mostly cloudy and windy. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Pepper,
I hope you got meds and are feeling better already.

Kiseta,
We do worry about losing our trees, and an oak that old would be a real loss.

Mike,
Interesting about the swarms.

Pepper,
Gargle in the morning and invest in a neti pot. The neti really helps clear out the nose.

Jeanne,
In the 40's all week for us too and I had the same thought. It puts us into March :o)

We had rain yesterday, not a lot, but added to the inch we got the other day, gives me hope for a wetter spring. We really had no snow cover all winter. I hope it got cold enough long enough for the peonies and lilacs to bloom.

We took the jeep out on the gravel roads and they were soft and soupy. They need to put down rock, and a lot of it!

Well, spending the day at DD's today so got to keep moving.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

2" of rain last night...all frozen. Turned to snow over night. 3" in the driveway on top of the ice. Roads are crap, landscape is beautiful. over 100 accidents already this morning locally. My drive to work was decent, considering. No school delays for us here in the metro - but all over the state for others.

(Zone 7a)

Grey skies here, too. 38º and beezy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

All we had was rain. Lots of ponds in farm fields. 35º

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The heavy storms (and tornado) that damaged Kansas and Missouri missed us in the Kansas City area, thankfully. Today it's sunny, but windy and cool (52 degrees).

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

Got up to 88 today, 66° tonight, Sunny and pretty darn warm...pretty much the same report the next four days. This is above average for us.

Leawood, heard on the news about the tornadoes, said a couple in MO died. Must have been pretty wicked.

Some flowers popping back out from seed, in the garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.