February Weathercan spring be near ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Foggy 29º going for the 40's.

Forgive the mistake in the title, it is early!

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 7:15 AM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy February everyone! Today sunny and up to 76, looks like some rain coming tomorrow...hope so...we really need it.

Mike seriously you live in Hawaii and can't even swim??? Thirty foot waves are amazing...even when there is a hurricane out over the ocean Florida doesn't get much more than ten foot waves.

pepper my friends in Springfield still talk about that ice storm you had. This winter has been nice for us, the past three has been terribly cold for Florida, Canadians down here last year were telling us it was colder here than in Canada. We even had some snow in December the winter of 2010.

(Zone 7a)

35º and overcast. Rain later and then snow tonight.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

34 & foggy today. Didnt see the sun at all. :( Cooler tomorrow and continuing to decline through the weekend. Hope there is sun.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

61 for a high and sunny with calm winds. Old man winter returns this weekend it looks like with highs only in the 40s.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had sun all day. Went to Kato this afternoon. Foggy there until about 3 PM.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It rained off and on all day. We still need the rain, just not the headaches with the change in weather.

In a Fibro flare AGAIN, with so much to be done over at Mom's house. We need to get it completely cleared out so we can put it on the market.

Love flip flops Sherri! I can see your Mom's point of view tho....haha!

We lived in Hawaii, and I can't swim very well either.......

Hope everyone is well.....Minn. hope you are feeling better....you too Billy!

Jeanne

Mountain View, HI

cloudy with light drizzle but not as cold. Wind had dropped. supposed to be great weather for the next 4 or 5 days then rain.

Most folks imagine people living in Hawaii are tanned, spend days at the beach under palm trees and surf all day just like Hawaii 5 0. That's what the typical tourist does. You'd be amazed at how much we look like the rest of the US folks. Other than our great weather, no snakes or troublesome wild animals (except pigs) we spend our lives just like everyone else, working hard trying to pay the bills, no tan and no time for the beach, stuck in traffic. Gas is now $4.28 a gallon. But gardening is King!

Mike

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Fog until 10am tomorrow. Current temp is 32.
1996 it was -17 with 13" of snow...tomorrow's temp should be 39 and the only snow is that piled in some parking lots. Mid to high 30's for the next week...

Jeanne, hope your flare passes soon. Hope my headache does also...still have it. completing day 6 by heading to bed.
Night all. Have a good Ground Hog Day tomorrow :)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

27°/51°/32°
Through 10am: Low clouds, fog and poor visibilities will continue throughout the period.
Areas of freezing fog early. Partly cloudy. Winds light and variable.

Sherrie
It's amazing how much better I feel today. I hit the fruit, water and fruit juices hard. Sickness comes from a body off the PH balance. I apparently needed to eat acid to turn alkaline.

I wouldn't be a happy camper without a fire either :o(

Oh my gosh! Izzy is my Zoe!

Mike,
As soon as I saw ''30' waves,'' I thought about all the people who flock to catch the really big ones. They aren't all good at surfing, so they cause rescue headaches.

Pepper!
Read what you just wrote. Are you sure you want snow? Cracking up!!

Bernie,
It just makes it easier to find the thread :o)

Jeanne,
You have fibro sympathy from me.

Mike,
Grinning over the misconceptions :o)

Happy Groundhogs Day all!

59°/80°/59° chance of rain..but mostly clear...what ever that means?

Billy glad you are feeling better...me too, I actually slept through the night for the first time in a week last night. I'm gonna get out and walk today..as soon as sun rises. That always makes me feel better.

Mike it is the same in Florida, all the tourist are real nice and tan...and we are not, but I do have a farmer's tan...lol. And we have lots of traffic...ugh! I hate if I ever have to go to Orlando...it is the worst place to drive.

Jeanne hope you get all you need to do...sorry about the flare up...not a good time for that.

So wonder if the old ground hog will see his shadow today?
Have a great day everyone.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Groundhog has seen his shadow & is back in the hole.
Sun is coming up on an entirely clear sky.
6 more weeks of winter like we've had so far can't be bad.
29º going for 38º.

(Zone 7a)

An inch of snow is out there now and it's just snowing now. I can see blue patches emerging. 34º

Still in the 60s but it's the last day!! Tomorrow rain here while up north and out west they have blizzards (no fair) but we need the rain so not too many complaints. LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

More Rain! My front yard looks like a mini forest. I'll have to call the mowers if it ever stops raining. The grass seed they put down should be rooting. I need to get some Scotts Weed and Feed for them to put out also.

I agree.....6 more weeks of this.....minus all the rain would not be bad.....70's in the day and 50 to 60 in the night.......OK! This past month it ihas been nice!

My body must be craving Vit C. I have been eating tangerines and oranges like crazy!

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Minn, Swanson Vitamins has a Migraine Relief pill that does help. My DS takes it. He also takes COQ10 and that has helped alot. Hope you get to feeling better.

Pepper ....snow.....are you serious?

Talk about traffic.......try Houston. It is bad! I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. So many people drive it everyday and think nothing of it........including my daughter. I do not like traffic........ Even Baytown is growing so much that the traffic is getting bad, it's unreal.

Take care....

Jeanne

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

33°/43°/33°
Through 11am: Low clouds, fog and poor visibility conditions will improve around 8am.
Areas of dense morning fog. Mostly cloudy this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon.Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sherri,
LOL over the farmer's tan. I used to too till I started wearing tanktops!

Celia,
You always have snow and here's Pepper, pining away for some!

Jeanne,
Mini forest. Awesome!! I'd take any green right now. I wonder if we'll slide right into spring this year. We have before, but we end up with an early winter too :o(

But, I'm with Bernie, so far this is a winter I can handle. I don't think we have a good freeze in the ground yet.

65°/75°/61° Cloudy this morning, chance of rain, there is blip-age on the radar so maybe it will happen today, didn't yesterday, was sunny all day long.

Here is an interesting clip my DH sent me about animals and weather...I know when my dog was alive she knew before I did when a bad thunderstorm was coming.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/02/03/good-question-can-animals-predict-the-weather/

(Zone 7a)

Yes, we always have it come down but it isn't staying. Dec., we had .03" of precipitation. We're have about half the inches we should have.

37º and sunny. Yea!

Okay ya all...Adina she wins the snow picture award of the season...check these out...OMG!

https://plus.google.com/photos/104386080983966169167/albums/5703531306240333009?authkey=CNXhlfqfnNjbKQ&banner=pwa

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Wow!! Havent seen that much snow in a few years!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Warm, but cloudy and muggy. Had to run errands today. Went to eat out....Chinese....Overall good day!

Have a great weekend all!

Jeanne

That was us after the blizzard last year. I loved it!! LOL

Today, cold with our high in the low 40s and rain all day. Brief break right now then it will start up again and sometime tomorrow we will get a rain/snow mix.

Mountain View, HI

Clear blue skies, no wind and a blue haze of VOG settling around the island. Expected to stay like this for three or four days. Temps won't go above about 77f.

The VOG creates great sunsets which we can't see from where we live. Couldn't resist posting this sunset. Driving back from a visit to Costco in Kona yesterday evening the timing was just right.

Mike

Thumbnail by microb
Mountain View, HI

Here's another. I should have stayed longer at the scenic lookout to try and see the green flash at the moment the sun disappears. That's the Pacific ocean The clouds were really low and fluffy.

Thumbnail by microb
(Zone 7a)

Pretty!!! The green flash is worth the wait. I miss the ocean...sigh...

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Look what I had to start :)

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous Microb!

Minn, what kind of plants are those?

I've been thinking of starting some seeds. It's been so warm here. It rained all last night and off and on most of the day. My mini forest in the front yard is growing rapidly!

Hi Amanda!

Jeanne

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

the tiny bloom is muscari. tulips, daffs - loaded with bulbs.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

AAAAHHHHH.......my Grandma used to grow tulips! I picked her a bouquet when I was only three yrs old! The stems were so short she could hardly float them in a bowl! She just said, "Oh, Jeannie!" She wasn't any too happy over my present!
What can I say......"I tried!" Honestly!

Jeanne

Tulips are so pretty...can't grow them in FL...way too hot. Don't you just love watching green popping up out of dirt. :)

We might get rain today, more of a prediction in the next week...of course because we are going camping...but hey that is okay because it is really needed here. Pretty much in the upper 70's and lows in the 60's all week long.

Mike nice sunset photos.

All my azaleas are coming out nicely...

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Early May I will post tulip pictures.
Overcast today. 29º

Yesterday we had a cold drizzle all day and night. Was supposed to change over to snow and we were to get an inch. I woke up to sunshine and mild temps. What a storm!! Ha!! LOL!!

Highs around 48 today. Very nice!!!

Watching Superbowl. Rooting for Giants but they need to get moving again!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

No rain but it turned Chilly out. Not sure what the official temp was but my therm. said 59 this afternoon. I wore a jacket out. Supposed to be cool again tomorrow so I switched the AC back to heat for the night.

Jeanne

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

They were calling for 40 today. It teetered at 29.3 in my yard all day. Damp chill to the air - so I had to go make a retail therapy run to Lowes...

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL! Those are very pretty! That's what I need! Retail Therapy! haha!

I have to go to Lowes to get some Weed and Feed, and some soil so I can start some seeds! I may have to see if they have any plants discounted or that need rescued!

Were those on sale?
Jeanne

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

most were, yes :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Great! I'll look around when I go tomorrow!

The weather said the high today was only 54. High tomorrow 59, no rain.

20% rain on Tuesday. I need to water the Green House plants!

My daughter gave me a Jasmine vine. I found an a pot with some soil in it so stuck it in there. I will have to cover it with more soil later. Just what I need! My other one has almost taken over my gazebo. I think I'll have it moved in the Spring.

Jeanne

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

29°/44°/28°
Areas of patchy fog early. Partly cloudy skies. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

I seem to spend my time catching up. I guess having the boys over the weekend is just going to change my computer habits :o)

We played with leggos, play-doh and cars. They did computer while I mended my warm hunting socks. I watched them play and we just ran around doing this and that.

Now it's Monday and back to housework :o(

64°/79°/61° Clear and blue now, but a chance of afternoon rain. And this is unusual but some tropical action going on down south Florida. The last time Florida had a tropical storm as early as February was in 1952, they called it the "Groundhog storm".
We got some good rain yesterday evening, first time in well over two weeks, maybe even three.

Minnie like your plants...I went to my favorite nursery on Feb. first....got some nice herbs and planted them...if felt so good to buy plants again...lol.

Billy playing with those grand kids is better than sitting on a computer any day...my grandson was here for a bit yesterday and loved playing in the motor-home that is in the driveway...he calls it the "house bus".

Well ya all have a great week, hopefully I get some good hiking and kayaking in...weather permitting...that tropical thing needs to stay south...even though the rain would be nice...just not while camping.

I got cats on my milkweed...how cool is that...in Feb. Eggs too.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sunny 24°

I look outside and there is frost on my shed's roof and on the grass...

Dogs go outside for about 3 minutes then back inside quickly sure it so chilly...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.