The neighbors flowering cherry

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Another neighbors flowering plum

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Whoops try again.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A pretty border across the street. Now I am sitting at my computer and when I look out the window I see a yard with a pink dogwood, pampas grass and lilac. All these beautiful things sure help my view.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

An up-close on the apple bloosom.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just loverly, dear!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Coming along nicely!

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Looks great!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

This is what the huge laurel looks like now. I have that large area of bare ground that I might as well make into a flowerbed. Don't you think?

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

The front of the house with the Rhodies blooming. Have to remove the largest one because it is in front of the faucet access. Will move it over to the other side of the driveway.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A close up

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

More of the front.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Always wanted one of these.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And the wisteria. Not blooming so well this year. It needs to be totally pruned.

This message was edited May 15, 2012 1:28 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Your garden is really looking beautiful.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Wow, that property has really turned out to be a great garden, hasn't it? It's just as nice as your old one, with just as much potential, which is saying a lot.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank you for your kind words. I am excited about it.

I read on DG, an article on Golden Chain trees. He said they have a soft fragrance. I learned a lot about them that I did not know.

This message was edited May 15, 2012 5:31 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Found a maple tree about 7" tall in the bed I was cleaning. Just what I wanted. Found two seedling from the neighbors 40' tree also. And I found two starts from the huge maple that is on the right side of the house. Also found several Mahonia and two hazelnut bushes. Love that.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I love the blue flowers flowing over the wall, and all your Rhodies in bloom. It is sure fun when you make discoveries of plant seedlings that have volunteered. That way you know they like the conditions so much they chose your garden to grow in.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi, Patricia. It was great meeting you today, weeding together and getting the house and yard tour. Your soil was so easy to pull most of the weeds out because it's deep and loamy. I hope I didn't yank out anything that was supposed to stay. I'd love to come back again sometime in the summer if my course-load allows. Maybe a few other DG folks could make it then too. After we left I thought I should have had Harley go out to haul some bags of compost home for you since we came in the truck. Next time we could do that.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi, I enjoyed your visit also. That big bare space looks good to me. That would be good way to get some compost over here. Here's a good picture of you two.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And I'm glad you got to meet the twins. They are a year old already. They seem to be made of porcelin, so beautiful.

This message was edited May 29, 2012 3:46 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Proud Grampa. Pretty girl.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Cutie patooties, for sure!!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

They are sweeties, for sure!! Even better in real live action than in pictures, of course. It was fun to meet the grandkids and great-grandkids.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey Holly, I got all the plants you gave me planted today. They are looking good. May move them later but they are in the ground.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm glad you had a chance to plant things, It can take a while when you have so many more important responsibilities taking care of your family. I'd love to see pictures when they get growing and settled in. I've been both busy working and got sick again (resistance isn't so good this spring).

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hoping you are feeling better so you can end the school year with a bang.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope it is something that will go away quickly.

Yuck, my dogs have fleas. In the four years I've had them they have never had fleas. Must be the rats and squirrels. Will go today to get some Advantage. Makes me itchy. LOL

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the well wishes. Still have fever and aches, but I went to get checked out for flu and strep (both going around) and I have neither, so it's just a nasty virus of some kind. I did get through all the major end-of-year events...the field trip to the beach at the low tide, the song and dance show, field day, then caught this thing. There is a week and a half left due to snow days. I just have to give myself permission not to do as much as I usually do at the end, just get through assessments. The children will be fine.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, please give yourself permission to take care of yourself. Hard to do sometimes, though.

ICK, fleas! Amazing you haven't had them before. I mean the dogs, heehee.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Jan, I've always used Advantage but not on these dogs. The cat didnt have any either for the last few years. Now they have a prescription drug called Revolution the vet says is much better. For one thing it isn't greasy and it smells good. It dried up and just disappeared.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Smelling good is a plus and non greasy is an even better plus. Hi back!! ;)

Lake Stevens, WA

I use Revolution June-October and never have any fleas. Its water proof too which I need for my 2 dogs.

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pictures. My Dad has always liked the houses in that neighborhood and closer to the school.

Also my boyfriend's parents have a currant like that. It is so gorgeous! I bet those attract the hummers.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes the hummers do love the currants. They are one of the first natives to bloom in the spring.

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm going to ask my bf's mom if I can take some cuttings of their plant.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I believe they are easy to propogate from cuttings. I thought I'd try myself (and I'm no horticulturist...) Let us know how it turns out.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Best to take cuttings in Sept. or Oct. although sometimes it works anytime. Tiki you can get cuttting from mine if you want.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Pictures of my lastest project, new stairs and an extention on the back porch. I'm painting everything because I volunteered. Don't quiet know why.

Oh, and a picture of my sis holding my dogs. And my nephew.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2012 3:22 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.