Any Interest for a Greater Philly swap meet?

Mount Laurel, NJ

I have all these coleus cuttings I was hoping to share ! See me at the MLGC plant sale if you can make it.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

This is so sad.

Surely every one could meet at the Mount Holly library plant sale . where there is parking at say 11 am at the enterence (hold up a MAGEM sign to collect others, tour the sale, swap at a vehicle or two and then go across the street to the restaurants in the mall mentioned earlier for lunch! Or some other version proposed by those actively trying to Meet and Eat and Greet.

Coleuslover, will you have a booth or table at the sale? Maybe you could be the point person on this? Or at least be plan B if Cris isn't heard from shortly since you know Mount Holly and area and will be there! ???

Good luck all in not letting the ball Cris and you all got rolling drop now!

This message was edited Apr 24, 2012 9:19 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Even though Ric and I can't make it you would have a good time meeting with friends.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

MEG is planned for Friendly's near Christmas Tree Shop.

2250 Marlton Pike West Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 at 1pm

I've been on the other forum & really haven't been back to this for
awhile. Sorry if people thought I was MIA

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I def want to go to the sale at the library first...will be @Friendly's @1

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will have one guest so far with me

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and going to the plant sale as well

Mount Laurel, NJ

For those of you coming to the plant sale also, take a look at the list of plants we had last year. Go to:
http://www.mtlaurelgardenclub.com/

and click on the link that says: see some plants from last year.

If there are any of these you are dying to have, let me know and if I see them, I'll set them back for you. Look for me there. (I'll attach a picture so you know what I look like.) They will be smaller than what is in the picture of course, and maybe not yet in bloom.
- I know there will be 3 beautiful pots of japanese painted fern, because I dug them. Also about 8 pots of pink anemone which I am putting in.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I would be interested in a couple of each of these

coleus of course.. :)

Geranium (Biokovo)
Virginia Blue Bells
Pulmonaria (misses moon')
Kerria
Japeneese primrose
Pineapple sage
Sundrops - yellow

This message was edited Apr 26, 2012 6:10 AM

Mount Laurel, NJ

OK, I"ll try to grab them and set them back. I don't think there will be any pineapple sage this year though, and there is only one kerria and I might not be able to get it. I think I can get the others. The V. Blue bells are seedlings, but they are nice.

Mount Laurel, NJ

colup : please note, the plant sale on Sat Apr 28 is MOUNT LAUREL (not mt holly).
- good thing too, as Mount Laurel is closer to where we are going for lunch, tho admittedly not right next door!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sorry you can scratch the sundrops... guessing they are evening primrose??.. after Michele googled them she realized what they were

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Truly puzzled over some comments made.

To those who didn't post when the dedicated thread went up
I sent d-mail messages periodically asking them to list their
haves & wants. Requests also have been few & far between.

Perhaps I should have posted that several restaurants turned
me down when I requested tables on Saturday stating that it is
their busiest day. Also that I couldn't promise that 10 people
would be attending.

Friendly's stated that they would be willing to have us but would
not reserve the space. I'll be going there around noon tomorrow
to set up and hold down the fort. Looking forward to seeing you
all.

Cris

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so weird that a restaurant won't let you reserve tables for a Saturday afternoon, they can not possibly be THAT busy, I would think Fri and Sat nights would be busier

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Maybe if I had looked elsewhere besides that one mall area I might
have found something Jen. But being a so far away from Cherry Hill
plus being a transplant I'd rather stick to some place I know how to get to.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ahhhhh, got it

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope your Meet Eat and Greet is a treat! Lots of great seeds and plants.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at Holly and Rics plant swap May 19 and the rest of you all some where down the line.

Oh, Coleuslover hope the Mount Laurel plant sale goes well, too. And if you have any extra coleus or cuttings send them my way!

Have a great day all.

Judy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Judy

Mount Laurel, NJ

It was a small group but there sure were a lots of seeds! Quite a few plants too. It was nice meeting everyone.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123 Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

was a very nice day.. thank you ladies!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

enjoyed my day!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Judy .. Michele would like to know the name of the nursery in Lancaster please

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Looks like you are all enjoying yourselves. Nothing better than food, plants and friends.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Maybe one of you ladies would know...on the way home we saw some tall trees with red berries on them...of course not close enough to see the leaves. They looked like decidious trees and not evergreen...any idea what they were?

Mount Laurel, NJ

Well I'm not "Judy", but I know of a nice nursery NEAR Lancaster. (I am Shirley). It's not far from Shady Maple restaurant.

Black Creek Nursery is definetly worth the trip. It is a greenhouse about the size of Wegman's full of annuals and perennials at a good price (ie not too expensive). Incredible variety. Their website is not too elaborate, but you can probably at least get a phone number from there.

http://agmap.psu.edu/Businesses/1164

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks I think that's the one you guys were talking about

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sorry to be the last to post - family issues - now resolved.

Had a truly wonderful time with a terrific group of women.
Looking forward to our next get together.

Jen - as I mentioned the pot you gave matches my room decor perfectly
thank you so much for the thoughtful gift !

Nisi, I'll get the lantana to you, please d-mail your address

Thanks again for a great MEG :)
Cris

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

uh oh.. think there was a boo boo.. with a tag in this one from the sale.. anyone know what it is?.. def not a white geranium

;)

Thumbnail by onewish1
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It's a geranium just not white, LOL

Mount Laurel, NJ

Sorry about that, onewish. I was labeling them both at the same time and obviously got a tag mixed up. It's a HARDY geranium, so it will survive the winter and come back each year.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quote from flowAjen :
Maybe one of you ladies would know...on the way home we saw some tall trees with red berries on them...of course not close enough to see the leaves. They looked like decidious trees and not evergreen...any idea what they were?

so any ideas on what this tree was?????????????/

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok thanks!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

happened to come across this... onewish, if you'll post on the current swap chat thread to remind me, I'll bring you a geranium 'Biokovo' if you need one!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh thank you Jill... but I have 2 more

Thumbnail by onewish1
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

looks like you all had a nice time! Sorry the date didn't work out for us to join. We live nearby to Cherry Hill too. Keep us in mind if you get together again. Coleuslover, we really are neighbors!! Looking forward to meeting you one of these days =) Maybe, we'll see you at Holly and Ric's swap.

Happy Gardening,
Diana

Thumbnail by wind

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.