Plant propagation... the basics II

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Linda I would be so irritated with someone listening to my conversations and then getting into them. It sounds like the disabled people we work with. They think like that. It is one thing if you are in a store and your in line and someone answers a question that someone does not know the answer to or something but to just hide out in corners eaves dropping. My old neighbor used to watch us swim through the blinds in the pool. She would peek at our family. It was weird.

I want a piece of invasive chocholate vine, please, I love that.

Pawleys Island, SC

Dawn,
Dmail me your address and I will send you some of the chocolate vine.

I don't know what it is with this house next door. A neighbor we had that lived there before watched us too. It is very strange. I really thought we were not that interesting, but maybe to others, we are. LOL Not to worry, I let her know that she needs to mind her own business.

Anyone want some epi cuttings?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Linda, do you and your family all have 2 heads??? LOL, that is strange. My plants you sent the cuttings of are growing. One has a new growth about 8 inches long.

Pawleys Island, SC

I have often wondered if there was something that everyone else could see that we just weren't aware of. ( you know the did I walk out of the bathroom with toilet paper hanging from my pants feeling) LOL.

I had big plans for today, but Shawn had a fender bender on his way to work at his new job and I had sent Burk to work in my car, so I walked to meet up with Shawn ( he was only 2 miles from home) and I quickly found out that I need to do more yard work or definitely something more physical. I haven't walked that far or fast in a very long time. Shawn was ok. Minimal damage to the truck, maximum damage to Mom's nervous system and I haven't managed to force myself to do anything since. Oh well, I will start over tomorrow.

Good news about your plants. Is that the lantana, or the epi?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Nooooooo. I didn't get any Lantana. That I know of. Everything I got was from Epis.

Gosh, too bad about Shawn and the vehicles. Was he late for work the first day on the job?

Don't know how you could walk that far.

LOL, know the feeling well of the toilet paper. Only with me it was a pair of panty hose. I went to a drug store on my lunch time from work years ago. I felt something strange and looked down and a pair of pantyhose was creeping out of the leg of my pants next to my shoe. I reached down and pulled it, and pulled it, and pulled it, out and stuck it in my purse. And thought, "Oh my God, I wonder if they saw me and think I am stealing them".

Apparently I had them in the washer and dryer in my pants when I washed them, left from taking them off. Nobody grabbed me, how embarrassing tho.

Pawleys Island, SC

I'll bet that was embarrassing.
LOL Actually yesterday turned out hysterically funny when you think about it.
Because Shawn is only 16, the paramedics would not let him refuse transportation to the hospital until I arrived to sign for him. The funny part is that we look like clones and I had forced him to wear a long sleeved shirt yesterday because it was cold and since he didn't argue with me, he just put on what I gave him, he was wearing a forest green long sleeved shirt and jeans. Well, when I got the the call, I grabbed the warmest things I could find which also happened to be a forest green shirt and jeans, so not only did we look like clones, we were dressed like clones. LOL. At least he had a sense of humor about it. The paramedics asked if I was his parent, he just laughed and said yes, we really are not twins. LOL
We have had people confuse us at times. It used to happen to me & my Mom, but I never thought it would happen to me & my Son. LOL.
I used to walk a lot so, 2 miles isn't out of the realm of possibility, I just haven't done it for a long time. I felt it too. Adrenalin kicked in,after all my baby was in a wreck, but I could sure feel the need to walk more often.

I thought I had sent you some lantana too. I can still send some if you want it. Just let me know. It should be hardened up enough to cut in about 3 weeks or so.
gotta run. I'm headed to a beach wedding today.
Linda

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

A beach wedding sounds like fun. No, don't send me the Lantana. It would be an annual here. Jen

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

That is a funny story Linda. I'm giggling inside thinking of it.

Pawleys Island, SC

Happy Easter Everyone! I hope you all have a glorious day!

You know that little sign that goes around that says " Embarrassing my kids... just 1 more service that I offer"... Well, I swear it lives here. It just isn't intentional. LOL

The wedding on the beach was gorgeous. The bride my cousin's daughter is 1/2 mexican and the groom is peruvian. They met on a mission trip 8 or 9 years ago. The wedding was in both spanish and english which was really cool. She teaches spanish at a local high school and he has just finished law school. She carried sunflowers ( my favorite) and everything was very beachy and casual. I love those kind of weddings.

Gotta run, gonna have a house full for Easter Dinner. Man I need to clean things up.

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

Haven't heard from Pughbear. Wondering what he's been plantting.

Enjoy you Easter!!!

Winnetka, CA

Linda.... so glad Shawn wasn't hurt!! I can imagine your adrenaline was rushing through your body... you must have been exhausted afterward!!

Beach wedding does sound so nice.... I love weddings!!

Hi Peg!! How've you been?

Nancy

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

greets all and thanks for the bday wishes. cmputr kybrd broken and using it "on-screen." Ha!

glad you're all getting on w/o me.

more later...
xox
A.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Hope you all had a good Easter day or Passover day this weekend. We ate healthy since all of us had lost weight and were keeping it going or in my case gained it and have been trying to lose it.

Someone here is sending me a little Peggy Martin rose and I'm so excited about it.

Pawleys Island, SC

Thanks Nancy, I am so thrilled that everything was ok with Shawn too. He is such a good kid. He was baffled that we were not angry with him. I told him it would be different if it had happened because he was out doing something stupid, but this was something that he had no control over. He was worried more about messing up the truck. It is 12 years old. I couldn't care less about the stupid truck! I guess that took him by surprise. He said it was in pristine condition until he started driving it. LOL I was proud of the way he handled himself.

I may go plant for Mom today, but I need to go shopping for a few things. I would love to set up my homemade propagators today and try to root some cuttings from different things. We will see what I actually get into.

Dawn, what is a peggy martin rose? I have 1 7 sisters rose that my granma grew for years and I love it. I also have lady banks rose, but those are the only two that survive in my yard.

Does anyone know how to root clematis vines? Can you root them in the propagators? When is the best time to cut them? Me thinks I feel an experiment coming on!

Gotta run, much to do... Where to start?... will make list...

Sea Ya.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

:0) Yes, I can imagine how Shawn felt Linda. Oh oh, mom and dad are going to kill me. And waiting for it.

What are your propagators? I have heard of rooting clematis, but never tried it. I have some seeds I stuck in last week, will see if they start for me. I probably don't have the patience tho.

Pawleys Island, SC

I haven't ever started the clematis from seed, it always sounded too complicated for me. my propagators are rubbermaid tubs with air pumps and bubble stones. The bubble stones force oxygen bubbles to the top of the water and the condensation drips and keeps the stems constantly moist. The lid has holes in it and I use foam rubber rollers to hold the plants in. The stems root very quickly this way. They do not sit in the water at all. It works like an aerogarden. I will post pics when I get them set up. I have to go shopping and pic up a few things and then maybe this afternoon I can work on the bubblers.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Dave, please check in if you have a second. The weather we are seeing that you all are having in OK looks really nasty and dangerous. I am praying you and your family are o.k. JB

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I tried that once Linda but had mine in the water too just like you would bubble plants to root them, and not one rooted. I honestly think it was the wrong time of year. None of them rooted. I have never had that happen to me before.

Oh well, win some lose some.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I have 0 luck with my propagator for rooting cuttings but great luck with seed germination in it. This rose is talked about on the rose forum, favorite roses section. Recently in fact. Interesting story about how it survived under water for months in Hurricane Katrina.

Pawleys Island, SC

That is odd about the propagator. Dawn, how did you start seeds in one?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I was wondering that too.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

We really need to move this thread over but I hate to do it since Dave is not aware of it. I do not know where he is and have not heard from him privately either, which is unusual.
If he does not show up in a day or two I will move it and just hope it is o.k. I will try and talk to Kim on FB and see if he is ok They had really bad weather but Crit is o.k. I know that.
Any thoughts please let me know.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

He said he was going to be gone from DG over Easter with visiting family and taking care of some dogs. . Maybe just enjoying family and all those left over eggs. Sharon

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I doubt that Dave will care if you move it. And he will find it.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

OK, I tried to move us but I was not sure of the Title .....Is this still II or does he change that number also. If not I am not sure I can change it we will just have to live with it. I sure hope he does not mind us doing this but the count was getting much too high for the people with dial ups. Forgive me Dave??????Hugs.

HANG ON....UP UP AND AWAY.............................................WE ARE GOING TO THIS THREAD NOW.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1252096/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.