plant stand

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

My husband built this plant stand so I could get more pots into the sunroom. Space in there is always at a premium in the winter! I was really happy with how it turned out, and the design is pretty simple.

Thumbnail by granitegneiss
Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Elegant design and solution.

Hopkinton, MA(Zone 5b)

granitegneiss, what nice healthy plants you have! Your husband did a great job! We have a store-bought stand that's similar, but it doesn't have a fine finish. It has a green-tinted finish for outdoors, however we keep it indoors next to a bay window.

In case anyone wants to know I got ours at Gardener's Supply Company online. It's called "A-Frame Plant Stand". I don't work for the company but for those of us who like this design but don't have an expert carpenter in the family it's a quick solution for maximizing plant real estate near a window (I placed our stand on two white wire plant stands that blend with the wall and are hidden by the kitchen table).

I highly recommend adding a trailing plant that twines around the stand. I've attached a photo of a trailing fuchsia that looked great on the stand. We also had a trailing begonia that did very well at the stand growing 2 1/2 feet in one season and providing a show of red blooms for several months.

DoGooder

This message was edited Dec 5, 2011 12:25 PM

Thumbnail by NancyGroutsis
Munster, IN(Zone 5b)

Very nice! I have been looking for something and saw the gardeners supply one, but it's too big to fit where i wanted it! I'm hoping that my husband will make me one, yours looks so good. Do gooder, Can I ask what the dimensions are?

Hopkinton, MA(Zone 5b)

martyR, I got mine at gardeners.com. The dimensions are:

top shelf: 18"
bottom shelf: 40"
height: 45"
width: 15"

DoGooder

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

That is beautiful!

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Granite, Your Husband is amazing.. He did a good job for you and your plants.

Is that a huge Jade plant to the left of your picture? Nice!

Yes, we have had it since 1975! Last time I transplanted it we used an engine hoist to lift it out of the pot.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

1975..... Wow! That is 37 years.. It is nearly as old as I.

I have attached mine. The original plant and the three in the front of the pot I started from leaves last year, maybe the year before.. I hope one day it is a beautiful as yours.

Thumbnail by GreenThumbSuker

That is a nice looking plant. Here is a better picture of my jade. I measured the circumference of one of the trunks, and it is 12.5 inches!

Thumbnail by granitegneiss
Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I'm a little envious ;)

That is amazing and quite beautiful. I think yours is actually a Jade Tree now :D Thanks for sharing it with me, it gives me something HUGE to look forward to.. They are so easy.

The larger stalk in mine actually went through several months of abuse. When I found it it belonged to a friend who had forgotten about it because it fell back behind some other stuff she had on her patio. It had been back there for a long time, totally neglected. It had other friends in the same pot that had been the same size and died.. My friend killed a Jade plant, I couldn't believe it. I have had it for a couple years now and you can see how it bounced back with a bit of TLC. I also chose to grow it some new friends to share it's pot with after losing the others to such extreme circumstances.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.