I feel very well liked and it

is a good feeling. You

think you're just another

fish in the pond and you

find out you've grown with

everyone else. I think I'll

save that paragraph for my

thank you.

Grinning, when we wear gardening gloves and t-shirts we get the tan that looks like it. You look fine! I didn't notice the color difference.

Are you buying the newer thinner shop lights? I think they are cheaper, AND have better lighting. Everything goes up in price it seems.

We have the neighbor's fiesty cat. If you are in a lazyboy type chair, he will sit on top or wrap around your neck. He gets excited and will bite my hair and head. I don't let him sit behind me anymore. It's too scary!! He's too close to my eyes too!

I'll bet it was mortifying, even in kindergarten.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks Sally! That is a neat saying you have there, we ARE just fish in a pond! Boy, this is a cool video. It is going mega-viral, it's a Youtube video - http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/sick-teen-s-videos-go-viral-after-death-27729605.html . It's religious, so if it needs to be edited out, I'll understand, it's just a neat g-rated video of a kid's story. The elderly, disabled lady always spoke of a bright white light, that wasn't there for me, and she was blind. I've never seen a Youtube video with so many views and going up real fast. I wasn't in the room when the disabled, elderly lady died but they said she looked like she saw something before she took her last breath.

The new, thin shoplites? No, I never really looked into them but I'll look at them when I go. I saw them, but I always thought they were too dim at first glance. I'm curious about the "full spectrum, natural lighting", that they say resembles sunlight. I'm wondering how can that not be suitable for plants?

I'm cautious around any cat that I don't know the history of, they say a cat that hasn't been fixed can get excited and bite or scratch the stuffing out of you!

I potted up the seeds I got for Christmas, the Banana plant seeds and the Catgrass seeds! Disregard the toilet in the photo..lol Hehe! That Ivy plant isn't real!

This message was edited Dec 29, 2011 10:21 PM

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Will,
I did use it, and I found where to put my thank you.

Wow, that was some video. Poor kid.

I'm glad your lady saw light. I believe.

What you do is Google lights. The lumens are what count. Don't waste your money on any of the plant bulbs, real sunlight etc.

Grinning over your workbench :o)

Snow tonight. Wind today and tonight. Right now it's nice and I'm going for a walk.

Happy New Years Eve!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

HAPPY NEW YEARS, everyone!

Oh so glad you aren't leaving us BillyP.

Birder that sounds like a shopping nightmare for sure...rofl. We go to a mall called Oak Park on black Friday and trying to exit is like that, course we get there around 5am or so and the incoming isn't bad, but leaving is pretty bad, nothing like the folks trying to come in tho.

My Mom lived in an apartment so course it didn't have windows all way around, so in her small dining area she never used we put up a plant stand and I just bought normal shop lights with a plug in on the end from Home Depot and hung them with chain from the plant stand and that is where she got her additional lights for the african violets and other plants. Her plants just bloomed like crazy. It took awhile to get the distance right but I would highly suggest it for folks who need additional light and it isn't real expensive.

We had rain last night which surprised me.

My Boss rescued a stray cat and it scratched his hand and he got "cat scratch fever" and ended up in the hospital. I had never heard of anyone getting that before but it is real. He is fine and so is the cat.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, Happy New Years! I am finally going to break down and get a lizard for that desert terrarium up there, I might get a Leopard Gecko or maybe even a Skink Lizard. I don't want to spend more than $10 or so on one, that likely rules out any Geckos. I'd like to catch a Skink for free, but they are fast and they run and hide. I politely told the girl at Petco on the phone after she told me the high prices on Lizards yesterday that, "maybe I'll just get crickets".

Home Depot lights eh? I'll have a look at those too. Lights and light spectrums and they vary so widely, it's all confusing. I think one would have to have a degree in lumenology or something! But I agree, the regular old shoplite bulbs are likely sufficient for plants. I saw that even incandescent bulbs have a small degree of benefit for plants, I got an old lamp over the orchid and a couple other plants further away. At Petsmart tonite, I was looking at lizards and stuff, they had "reptile lights" (one incandescent bulb), I couldn't believe the prices on that stuff, that was $36!

It's Jan., anybody gonna make a new thread?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

NEW THREAD!!! THIS ONE IS CLOSED!!!!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235514/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.