December chat thread: "TIS THE SEASON"!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The same from me too, Marilyn!!!! You deserve the best!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's a funny story Sandra!!!! I think you told us last year but I didn't remember how it ended!!! LOL A lady at my MG party last night was telling some us that she has some real popcorn she strung many years ago and every year she puts it back in the freezer and then brings it back out the next year.. She said it's about 5 years old. Can't imagine!!!

Ripley, MS

That stuff is so old the skunks would not even touch hers---lol

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, I am not really ready to be cut on again - that is for sure! I have had more than enough surgeries to last a lifetime as far as I am concerned..... but, it is so much harder to swallow now than it was just 5 weeks ago. I am a little paranoid that she stirred up a hornets nest! But, the biopsies were negative so I may just wait it out.... Leigh and I were just talking about it and financially it makes a lot more sense to have it done by the end of the year - and the kids would be out of school so they could help me with things on the days I had to be home...... but, there are lifelong implications from it as well. I can not feel these nodules - but I have two "fairly large" nodes - one on each side. She says I have to "lift" those nodes out of the way every time I swallow and that is why they bother me so much! I don't have a clear decision about it yet, so I will just keep praying.

I have not had a chance to post recipes yet..... sorry - it has been crazy this week and we have a party tomorrow night for Jessica and somewhere in there I have to finish decorating one of my trees, and get all the boxes put away and finish cleaning this house! :) I wish I were wealthy...I would sure hire a housekeeper !! I will try to get the recipes at least by the weekend.

Sandra when is your appt ??

Ripley, MS

Genna, I see the doc Tues, the 13th at 9:30. I don't want any more surgeries either, but if that is what it takes to get this arm stopped hurting, then I am ready for it. I am like you, I need to get it done before the year ends, all deductibles are met here too.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

This may sound petty but I've also met my deductible and I've gone thru my meds and am having them refilled with a 3 month supply for free before the end of the year. On one Rx, I'm saving $300.00. Worth my while. I feel like I've paid for them.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't have a deductible on my medical but I do have a $300 deductible on my prescription drugs and a co-pay. I'm like you Jeri I'm trying to get everything refilled before the end of the year!! I am fortunate in that none of my prescriptions are expensive.

Ripley, MS

I have to order my "maintaince" meds too, I just placed an order for that and also my testing supplies.

Jeri, where does yours come from? I order from Universal Drugs in Canada. The cheaper ones I take I still get them at my local drug store where I have traded for more than 30 years, I just pay for them and don't file them.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I think that sounds smart Jeri! I think we all cut costs wherever we can..... just wish our govt used that same principle~ ^_^

I am still very undecided about the thyroid ... but it really scares me that it is SO much harder to swallow now, and I am constantly 'clearing' my throat..... that has been going on for a long time...just more common now. Just trying to get a clear view of what I should do!

Hope you all have a great day! I am cleaning and cooking and trying to get ready for about 30 kids tonight for Jessi's 18th bday party! She is gone to take the ACT one last time....please say a prayer as she didn't go to bed until after midnight!

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna I'm sure you'll figure out what you need to do. Are you having any sinus drainage that could also be contributing to the problem.
Thyroid problems are just something that seems to run in my family. Three of us first cousins had thyroid surgery within about an 8 month period this year. Two of us are from my mother's side of the family. My mother also had thyroid surgery twice. My other cousin is on my dad's side and she had breast cancer 14 years ago. The radiation treatments can cause thyroid problems which is what happened in her case.
Hope Jesse does well on her ACT today. My son said they don't use the ACT in CA. They only use the SAT out there. They do things different! LOL

Still cold here!! Going to work in my antique booth today.

Jeri are you diabetic too???

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I did finally get a Christmas decoration up!! Redid an old wreath and put it on the front door today. In this picture it's hanging on the inside of the front door. But I did put it outside!

Thumbnail by cperdue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Whooo--I feel like I've been away forever but it was only for 3 days! LOL It sure is hard to catch up here and at "that other place". Thanks for the birthday wishes. Over the week-end I was at a ladies retreat in Monroe, LA which means that I got to see our wonderful Cindy and get lots of hugs. If you are on FB you have already seen the picture of the two of us which I posted. I had some free time late Sat. afternoon so Cindy came over to our hotel and we spent about 3 hours together! It was wonderful to see her again! Ya'll should be jealous! LOL

I know what ya'll mean about wanting to get things done, medically speaking, before the end of the year. My doctor's office cancelled my yearly appt this past week and they haven't called me back to set up another time. I am wanting to get it done before the end of the year, too, for the same reason as the rest of ya'll. The docs don't thing about those things--they only think about what is convenient for them! :o(

Genna and Sandra, you both be sure to let us know how things go! That was a cute story,Sandra, about the tree! LOL Don't guess ya'll will be doing that again this year!! The birds like to eat the popcorn, too. I can't imagine having any popcorn left on the string to even put in the freezer after the critters get to it! LOL

Elaine, have you had a chance to catch your breath yet?

Here's Cindy and me--it's a little fuzzy--I was finding it hard to keep the phone still enough to take our picture cause I didn't know it but I was taking a video of us and that made us laugh!

Thumbnail by marsue
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Hey, Marilyn! Thanks for asking... I'm catching it today...barely, because I'm at work. I sure hated to crawl out of bed at 5:30 this morning. Ugh!!!

I need to go get in a good working or a run but I've promised myself I'm going home and finishing the tree tonight and get a start on wrapping gifts. We had a good visit with the grand-kids in Birmingham yesterday. They loved their gifts! Since they are now planning to take Amtrak to NYC they are so excited to have their electronics, boots, and other goodies to take with them. They re-checked the fares and decided to return home on Christmas day an the fares were way, way cheaper, plus my son doesn't have to drive home on Christmas Eve. We're happy about that too and the other set of parents will drop off and pick up at the Birmingham rail station. The kids were ok with traveling home on Christmas Day too and are so excited to get to see NYC they can't wait. Plus it will save them motel fare each way in not having to stop for the night. We drove back and went to choir practice and got home around 9 pm, so that day was wiped out too. We had a good visit with Earl's 2 classmates Saturday night. One of them owns a restaurant and he and his wife had made an anniversary cake for the other couple...it was their 30th. It really surprised and touched them. These boys go back to small-town Ohio days, and oh boy do they have some stories! How they ended up within a couple of hours drive of each other is a miracle.

This weekend will be busy and tiring but always fulfilling. I think we almost have our Christmas shopping finished. But isn't it funny (not!) how those last few gifts drive you crazy trying to tie up all the loose ends??!!

Genna and Sandra...hope everyone gets all their big medical issues solved before the end of the year! I hope I don't have anymore!! Just go back to my allergy doc one more time tomorrow for a follow-up and I think that's it for me. Well, I never did get my flu shot and I keep putting that off...Maybe I'll call and try to work that in.

Love y'all.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Here is the Rolo Cookie recipe that I was talking about............... as I said at Kim's I substituted some mini snicker's the last time in a few of them.... GOOD STUFF! :) But DANGEROUS.... ^_^ I find it funny, but my Mom was known school wide for her Chocolate Oatmeal (no bake) cookies - she didn't like the PB in them so her's were different. Now, I am known community wide for these Rolo cookies....because this is what the kids and adults always ASK for!

ROLO COOKIES

2 1/2 cups - All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup - Unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp - Baking Soda
1 cup - Granulated Sugar
1 cup - Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 cup - Butter or margarine softened
2 tsp - vanilla
1 cup - chopped pecans (optional)
(also see note below - may need to divide)
38 Rolo caramels in milk chocolate candies

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda and blend well. (I usually just add dry ingredients without using a separate bowl to save time and cleanup) In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs - beat well. Add flour mixture, blend well. Stir in1/2 cup of pecans if desired. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around 1 Rolo covering completely.

In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of pecans and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place nut side up inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet ( I use parchment paper) and bake at 375 for 7 - 10 minues or until slightly cracked. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Optional: melt 4 oz of vanilla flavored candy coating in a sauce pan on low heat stirring constantly. Drizzle over cookies.

NOTE: I do not bother to roll mine in pecans because one of my kids does not care particularly like pecans. I also sometimes (most of the time) leave the pecans completely out of the recipe for the same reason. I do not bother to melt the coating to place on top either. It does make them appear more "fancy" but I usually have kids eating them as they come out of the oven! :-) They really don't care about appearance - just the taste. Enjoy!

I can't remember what other recipes you all were wanting................. I don't have the pie in evernote, so I will need to get it later.

Genna

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Elaine: sounds like a good time was had by all when you visited with your family this past week-end!

I'm catching my breath for a couple of days before heading down to central AR again this week-end. I am going back down to Benton to spend the week-end with "my other daughter, Michelle" (aka Michelle #2). Walker's birthday is the 16th--he will be 8 years old and we will have his party on the 17th. After church on Sunday, we will have our Christmas together. I will drive back home on Monday.

I may drive down on Thursday for my annual check-up with the cardiologist. I was supposed to go last week but they cancelled it and re-scheduled it for this Thursday but I need to call them about it. If all they scheduled me for is a pacemaker check, I can do that over the phone. (I have a little device that reads the pacemaker, dials the phone number and sends the information electronically!) It is really time for my annual visit to see the doctor, though. They have things all mixed up so I need to find out what they have planned for me before I make a 2 hour drive that may not be necessary. If I drive down on Thursday, I will just go on over to my son's house in Jacksonville and spend the night before heading on down to Benton on Friday afternoon.

My ex,(the father of my children) as most of you know, is suffering from bone cancer. He is in a nursing home in Cabot. He is losing more weight--down to 120 lbs. now--and is not eating well so they have scheduled him for a "swallow" test on Friday afternoon. My DD and her hubby will be driving down to be with him during the test. I talked with my ex on the phone last week on my birthday. He had sent word to me and asked me to call him (he can receive calls but can't call out on his phone in his room) so I did. He told me that he didn't want the day to go by without wishing me a Happy Birthday!! He also said he didn't know how much time he has left. I told him that every day was a gift! It was hard talking to him but I managed to hold it together without crying. Having been divorced for 31 years, we have long since put any animosity behind us and have been on friendly terms for several years now. Thankfully, he is not in pain--amazingly enough!! He asked me if I could bake him some banana nut bread and I said I would. I will either send it with my DD or take it to him myself when I drive down there this week-end. It will be a hard thing for me to visit him knowing the shape he is in but God will give me the grace and strength to get through it without breaking down. After all, this isn't about me!

Has anyone heard from Sandra? I wonder how her appt. with the doctor went yesterday? Sandra, check in with us!

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi
Hope you don't mind my slipping in on your thread. Just wanted to say thanks for the blast from the past with that ceremic christmas tree photo. I too had one and I think it was musical --- what I do remember about it was that the limbs were 'frosted' with this thin thin flakey glass product and it would get dusty (no way to dust that) and it also yellowed with age on the frosty part. I had that tree for years --got it as young bride - lots of family members went to ceremic classes back then. Lots of ducks and lidded bowls came my way.....and of course turkey napking holders! (and steins) No way I would throw that tree out but here it is 40 years later and I don't have it. Does that happen to any of you? Things disappear over the years? Things too big to be misplaced and things like that ceremic aged and yellowed tree --nobody would swipe!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes I can relate to something just disappearing. My mother had one of those ceramic trees. One of her church friends had given it to her. When my dad died I was the one that closed the house down and I don't have the tree. I don't remember for sure but I may have given it to my niece.

Marilyn you are really burning the road up!! I hope you get your doctor's appointment straightened out. You do need to actually see the doctor.

I'm sorry your ex is in such bad shape. I know what you mean about putting everything behind you. They are the father of our children and regardless of the reasons we are still no longer with them do still have feelings for them. We also hate to see our children have to go through all the suffering. I know God will give you the grace to see you through a visit with him.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Marilyn, that is so good that you are on good terms with your ex husband - for your kids sake, and both of yours, especially in this situation. Sorry to hear that he is doing so bad, but thankfully that he is not in pain - I have always heard that bone cancer was extremely painful ! I had an aunt that died of ovarian cancer and before she passed away it had spread into her hips and back and they said they couldn't control her pain! Praying for strength for you as you take that banana bread by to him..... really a big compliment to your cookin since that is what he is craving!

Welcome missingrosie! We always love people joining in on our chatty threads! I have several things that have disappeared over the years - some I have no idea where they went to! But then I sure seem to still have a lot of "junk" left that I need to get rid of ! ^_^

I have been wondering about Sandra and what she found out at her appointment..... anyone heard anything??

By the way, on the Rolo cookies I posted above. .... they are best made the day you intend to serve them. They are still good for several days, but not nearly as good as when they are fresh. If I am baking for a big event, I always make my choc-oat-chip cookies the night before because to me they actually taste better the next day (except for when hot out of the oven of course!) but the rolos I always wait as long as possible to make. My kids nuke them for a few seconds in the following days to get that fresh out of the oven taste....^_^

Hope everyone has a blessed day! I THINK I am almost done with my shopping..... have one last person on the list! and I MUST get my box headed to my niece and her family in Singapore!!

Genna

Hey, Dorothy!! Nice to see you posting over here...come on over anytime and join in. It was good to hear about your 'tree' too!! We all have stories, lol, especially when the holidays roll around! You'll find about anything over here...recipes, rants, vents...name it!

Genna, those Rolo's sound yummy!! I'm not a huge caramel fan, but I may have to try those!

Marilyn, I had forgotton about your 'ex', but that is nice of you to bake him the banana bread. It's hard to see someone suffer, especially when you have a bond between you as you and he share. Take it easy and watch your health too!

You may remember me talking about my friend, Lynda, who had non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was going thru stem cell transplant last year around this time. Well, I'm thrilled to report her procedure and the chemo...not to mention everyone's prayers...were highly successful. She had another PET scan a couple of weeks ago and she is still cancer free!!! We are all thrilled. Her hair is now about 2 inches long and she is gaining weight back finally and getting some strength back but it's been a long road. Her husband, who had throat cancer 5 years ago, recently had to have all his teeth removed due to the radiation he received. He is also cancer-free, but the radiation affected his teeth. He got his upper dentures and will be getting his lowers after Christmas. They think he will be a good candidate for implants, which is pretty amazing since usually the jawbone is affected too. They are thrilled.

My brother is in town tonight so we will have dinner with him before choir practice. Tomorrow starts the Living Christmas Tree!! Big week so y'all pray for us to stay healthy & remember the music! Had my flu shot yesterday finally. Sore arm, but glad I finally got it.

Ripley, MS

I am ok Marilyn, the doc scheduled an MRI-at my insistence, he wanted to send me to pt, I am still considering another doctor, the MRI is Friday.
I left there and went straight to be with Judy, Wayne is very sick. They took the fluid from his lung yesterday afternoon and it was green. The doc that did the procedure said he had been doing that 27 years and had never seen anything like it. Judy's niece who is an ICU nurse went with her to talk to the doc. She said she had never seen it either. His heart rate went back to normal after they drained 5 liters, but they also put in a chest tube as his lung had collapsed. They have more tests today, but Judy felt better about him when I left her last night, he was able to talk again, and even ate a little soup. I went in to see him and he showed me his chest tube, he was proud of it, they told him he did really good for them when they put it in. They had given him some pain meds.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Dorothy. come on over and chat anytime! :o) That's interesting about your ceramic tree. It's is too bad that it has disappeared!

Elaine, I am so glad to hear that your friends are both doing so much better. Praise the Lord! Wish we could all be there to see a performance of the Living Christmas Tree. I know it will be splendid! Prayers for good health and plenty of energy for you and the others who are in the performance!

Sandra, so sorry about Judy's husband. Did the fluid come from inside his lung or was it in the outside lining of his lung? Prayers for Judy and her DH. Prayers for you, too, dear friend. Be sure to let us know what happens with the MRI.

I am going to see my cardiologist tomorrow after all. They did set up an appointment with him as well as one to have the pacemaker checked. It's a yearly thing for the dr.'s appt. and they check my pacemaker every 3 months via that little device I mentioned earlier. I have had the pacemaker for over 8 years now and the batteries usually only last about 10 years but it's no big deal for them to replace it although it will require minor surgery. Maybe the battery will "keep on ticking" for a while longer! :o)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I think I might want a second opinion if I were you. Glad you insisted on the MRI. I think we have to be our own advocate!! Sorry about your friend Judy's husband!

A lot of you remember Debra's FIL "Pops". He had a mild stroke last Wed but is doing OK. He is now 97. He lives in a retirement complex but has his own apartment. They were afraid that they were going to have to put him in the nursing home at first but so far they have been able to leave him in his apartment. She said the first couple of days they had sitters come in 24/7 but soon learned that was not going to work. He woke up during the night and didn't know who they where or why they were there and got really upset and started yelling at them. So they now have someone come in for 4 hours first thing in the morning and then someone again for 4 hours before he goes to bed. Debra has been really busy coordinating all his care and getting him to PT, etc. He is still mobile even after the stroke.

I know it probably just seems that way because so much is going on in Dec. but it really seems that so many people get sick or have serious health issues in Dec. I have also been noticing that the paper is full of obituaries every day. Have any of you noticed that? Is it just my imagination!

Ripley, MS

The fluid was outside the lung if I understood right there was so much it had his esophagus pushed to the side and his heart also.
The biopsy went well today, and he is feeling better today.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandra, please tell Judy that I have both her and Wayne in my prayers!!! Hope you get to doing better also!!!

We had our 3 deaths in November. Each one of them were so tragic!!! I know this will be a very hard Christmas for so many!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Richard's DD's FIL has stage 4 lung cancer. He went through a round of chemo and radiation when they first discovered it and it stabilized things. Now the cancer is active again and he decided he wanted to have another round of chemo against his doctors advice. It has really made him sick and they have also discovered he has pneumonia. I really hope he can make it through Christmas. He lives about 3 hours away from here so Richard's SIL has been on the road a lot trying to help his mom out.

Charlotte, you are right about the obits. There are some tragedies that have happened around here too with young people losing their lives way too early. And a young (late 40's-early 50's) employee here lost her husband suddenly last weekend. I don't know what happened yet, but he passed away suddenly.

Yesterday would have been my mother's 86th birthday. My youngest brother was in town and we had dinner with he, my other brother and his wife and my DD. We didn't plan it around her birthday, it just happened, and we were at a bbq restaurant that Mother loved to go to when she was in Huntsville, so we thought it was appropriate to salute her!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I think it may somehow be related to the stress of the holidays! My mother died on Dec 13 and she had open heart surgery the middle of one Dec and ended up in the hospital the middle of another Dec. My husband's brother died last Dec. He went into the hospital the day before Thanksgiving and never came out. It just seems that a lot more people die during Nov and Dec than other times of the year. Our paper has two full pages of deaths this morning. It seems there are always 2 full pages and a lot of times a third page.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

We have had several deaths locally too.... a former co-worker of mine was killed in a an accident last weekend. He was driving a log truck - which is what he did when I worked with him.... He was a great guy and by far the most conservative driver we had ! I couldn't believe he was killed in a wreck! He was 73.....

Sandra, did the doctor still not believe you about it being broken?? I would have assumed the doctor that sent you there would have sent some info to them...... wouldn't think they would send you to PT with a break until it was set properly and healed some............ :(

Elaine, good luck with the Living Christmas tree! I know it takes a toll on everyone, but they are so much fun to attend! Praying everyone stays healthy and enjoys all the shows!

Ya'll have been so faithful to help me in praying for Alex.... first for the MCAT, then Med school interview, etc. He REALLY needs your prayers this week. He has not been doing as well as he needs to on his tests and he has stressed himself out to the max! I am REALLY worried about him............he had a major exam last Tuesday - the day he woke up with water pouring in his roof again!!, then a major make up exam on Sunday afternoon from when Leigh's Mom was buried, and then he has his final on Friday! He really could use some extra prayers in preparation and taking the test. He is on overload and I feel so helpless to be of an effective help to him. I know God can guide him and calm him as nothing else can..... and I would sure like some help in lifting up prayers on his behalf today and tomorrow!

Kyle has two finals tomorrow also, and then he will be finished with his first semester of college! IF he doesn't mess up on a final, he should have all A's for the semester! I am hoping he pulls that off - think that would be an awesome start to his college transcript!

We will have a big part of our "Christmas" this weekend as my Sister, BIL, Nephew and his family comes to my house. Natalie is actually supposed to be able to join us this year and so it will be nice having everyone together. It just rushes me to get everything done when they start swapping around dates on me !! :) Have almost everything purchased.... just if I could get it wrapped! Wrapped some of Jessica's things last night while she was at youth, and then I have to wrap Kyle's tonight because he will be home tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day! Back to work for me! :)

Genna

Ripley, MS

Genna, I went and got a copy of the original x ray report, when I asked the ortho about what it said, I was told that would not cause my pain
It said "avulsion of the ulna styloid process". I told him there was something in there that was causing pain.

Ripley, MS

The place I went today had a doctor on staff and went over the results of the two test with me before I left.
There are 2 tears, one is the triangular fibrocartilage and he could not be sure exactly where the other one is.  They started by putting dye in and watched it on a screen, the dye spilled immediately showing the triangular fibrocartilage tear.  After that they did the MRI and the dye had leaked up toward my fingers before the MRI finished indicating another tear.  The MRI enlarged also showed that the break is not completely healed yet.  I have been out of the cast for 4 weeks now wearing a brace on a broken bone.  He felt the pain in the thumb area is from arthritis, which he said was significant in my hand.  He explained why the hospital (original x-ray) would have diagnosed the avulsion of the styloid process, sometimes there is a small bone that does not completely develop in all people.  It looks like an injury when that happens and he said it could be torn, or I might be one of the people that never develop that tiny part of bone.  He knows my doctor and has used him for an achellies tendon repair.  He said he think my doctor will probably send me to Cambells Clinic in Memphis as he does not do a lot of wrists.

Wow, Sandra. You know, the hands and feet are full of tiny bones and cartilage, so I can see why something like this is hard to find. I'm glad this doctor had found the problem and you'll be on your way to getting something fixed! It must be frustrating to deal with the pain and not using your hand though. I know I would be hard to live with! Good luck as you continue this journey to healing and recovery!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi all - hope you're enjoying the unseasonably warm December!

Someone from AR (?) asked recently on the mid-south member's page if she was in the mid south. I am wondering now if I am the one that is misplaced.

Where am I ? ha ahh ahahah aa

Please help. Thanks. :)

A.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I'm glad another doctor looked at your MRI and got to the bottom of it!!! I know you will be glad to finally get something done about it. A constant nagging pain can really wear you down!! And with 2 babies on the way you've got to have two good functioning arms!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Wow Sandra that sounds painful!!! I just didn't think it was right that you should be in pain for so long. Normally once the break is straightened and cast there is very little pain, more an aggravation from the cast. I'm so glad that they have found it and hope now they can fix it so you're not in pain.

Sandra how is Wayne doing? Did they get to go home? Please give Judy a big hug from me the next time you see her!!

Elaine how is the living Christmas tree going? I have been thinking about it a lot lately and how many people that can be reached without being preached to.

Ripley, MS

Amanda, you are right where you belong, jump right in !

Wayne is still in ICU, they are going to do surgery Monday and scrape the hardened infection from his lung

Hey, Jeri. The 'Tree' is going great. Two more performances today. We were hoarse last night after 2 performances but ok this morning. It is truly a great feeling to reach people who may need this message without any sermon involved. Thanks for asking!

Hey, Amanda...you are in the right place and we're glad to have you!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes indeed!!!! Amanda you are in the right place!!!

Sandra I am sorry to hear that about Wayne and all I can say is TG that the Drs. have the knowledge to be able to do something like that!!!! My prayers are with all of them!!! The Drs. included!!!!

That is wonderful about the 'The Tree'!!!! I wish I could sing!!! Maybe in Heaven!!!

Ripley, MS

Jerry went to see Wayne this afternoon and he is really dreading the surgery. I have Charity and Faith so I didn't get to go in, I stayed in the waiting room with them.
They have also discovered he has a tear in his esophagus that they are worried about. Judy thinks it may have happened with the last lung biopsy they did.

The girls and I are going shopping tomorrow, I gave the other grandkids Mom money to help with "Santa". I am going to let them spend their own. They get to stay until Christmas day, we are having our party with the kids here at our house Sunday afternoon at 3-then the big party for Jerry's family at the fellowship hall Monday night.

Before we all get busy, I want to express my love for you all and wish everyone and their families a very Merry Christmas

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This will be a busy week for all!!!

I too want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and do love you all!!

Sandra I hope Wayne can get his health problems cleared up soon!

Got lots to do this week!! All Christmas shopping is done! All packages are mailed! But I have a filthy house that I've got to get cleaned!!!! I baked some Strawberry Bread last week that I need to take to a few neighbors! My next door neighbor's dog (her child) has prostrate cancer. They have decided to give him chemo and he's going through his treatments right now. She is home by herself everyday and Buddy is her constant companion. He is 12 so he's not going to have that many years left one way or the other. I really need to go over and visit with her before I leave Fri. I am leaving Fri for CA.

Ripley, MS

Wayne made it through the surgery fine, they are going to keep him asleep tonight and then wake him up tomorrow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.