CHOCOLATE BASIL 2012

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

KY--Merry Christmas

See--Vor, Squatch and Loch Nestle ain't as mean as the rest of them on this thread.

Old home site address:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1217332/

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 9:39 AM

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 9:40 AM

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

KyW--you may or my not know this:

Left click somewhere on the thread and then press "end"--It will take you to the bottom without having to scroll down with the mouse wheel.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL Jim.

Disclaimer:

That is the first time in my life I ever darkened the door of a store on Black Friday. (had to buy a new pair of pants to go to a funeral on Sat.)
What a nightmare!!!!!!---had to use pepper spray to get to the check out counter.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Vort!
That trick doesn't work on 26.4kbps dialup, unfortunately. I have to wait forever for the page to load enough so that "Skip to New" or the "end" button works. I'm asking Santa for cable-internet if it's even available here. Maybe the chipmunk running in my hard drive is just getting old. *sigh*

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL--poor chipmunk.

(Debra) Garland, TX

:-)

Midland City, AL

I recommend upgrading to a deer mouse. Those little buggers are fast!
I believe you, Vort. and just for the record I only watched the killer turkey movie because I was confined to a hospital bed and the channel pickings were slim. A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do. (Jim)

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Hope your doing better Jim

LOL I've been catching deer mice at work and releasing them into our woods. They have lots of country cousins here to help them transition from city mice to country mice!

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Squatch and I were scheduled to dust the inside of the house today but the pressure washer and the leaf blower would not start. Oh well.

ROFL Wow, you don't have dust rabbits, you must have dust DINOSAURS, huh?

Midland City, AL

I watched the killer turkey movie on a long ago Thanksgiving, but thanks., VORT.
Wow, you must be fast, KY! I had a deer mouse get into the house when I was replacing the dishwasher and there was an opening to the outside. I thought I would never catch that guy. Sansai thought he was cute with his over-sized anime eyes and was impressed by his climbing skills. She even named him. She pitched a fit when I pulled out the snap traps. The dogs finally cornered him. Deer mice have a strong instinct to create catches of food. More than one morning while he was in residence I found Benefull stashed in my sock drawer. (Jim)

LOL I use a Havahart trap.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Reminds me of when I was a kid and volunteered to keep the Science class's pet Rat over the summer. He got out and built his bed in one of my brothers' baseball caps in a dresser. We spent several days looking for him, till my brother opened his drawer to get out the hat. He was one of those Gray and White ones, and would sit on your shoulder and ride around, hanging out and other than that never caused a problem.
Trudy says there are no killer turkey's only humans with phobia's.
Spent this evening making cookies...peanut butter, and peanut butter chocolate chip, COULDN'T DO PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BASIL CHIP CAUSE SOMEBODY WON'T SHARE.... and YOU know WHO you are............

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

I was going to send CB seeds to everyone on here for Christmas but Squatch checked his "naughty and nice list" and none of you were on his nice list!
Maybe next year you all will be nicer to us. Harruump.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Would Squatch give us his definitions of 'naughty and nice?' Just so we know what we should strive for--either way. (snicker)

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Breaking news.

Squatch just announced his candidacy for president as a 4th party contender.

Platform:

A Chocolate Basil fondue in every kitchen and an mjs, and her pet rat, in every pot.
Free psychiatric care for life for all DG members.
No more droughts or floods in the future.
Free lifetime supply of certified organic fertilizer to all from his personal bull farm.
A Havahart trap under every Christmas tree.
A lifetime supply of deer meeces to that person from Ky with a free $50 upgrade to a jet-black guinea pig if rebate is submitted yesterday.
A Venezuelan jet-black guinea pig to all to take over the hard disc operations for all of the "dial-ups"
"Venezuelan jet-black guinea pigs can run speeds of about 37-41 mph"-(Never knew that before Google educated me).
A smoked killer turkey for Jim.
A free definition of naughty or nice to Debra.
A full pardon and lifetime subsidy to Chipmunks and Deer mice that have been previously enslaved by these cruel folks on DG and replaced by that little rascal guinea pig.

To speak with the candidate in person call BR-549 toll free.

For a FREE bumper sticker --please send 2586 postal stamps in a self addressed envelope to:
Squatch
C/O "North-East-Central Texas or thereabouts"
"Just North of Area 51" on whatever that new highway number is.

Wow, free psychiatric care for all of us is gonna cost somebody a bundle, LOL.

Columbus, OH

They'll have to start taxing CB to pay for that.

(Debra) Garland, TX

I vote we stay crazy, then. :-)

Crazy is more fun, anyway!

Columbus, OH

I enjoy my little bit of crazy pretty significantly. ;)

Midland City, AL

Sane people are scary. They take themselves way to seriously.
There is a rumor floating around the blogosphere that Ms. Claus is planning to run. If it is true, I will have to vote for her. But, just out of curiosity, who is Squatch’s vice-presidential running mate, Vort? ~N~

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Loch Nestle for VP of course!!!

Ole Dodge is thinking of running against them...
Oh...and I'd be delighted to get dunked in a pot of Chocolate Fondue 0^0 !

This message was edited Dec 7, 2011 2:59 PM

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

And you really think that Ol Dodge or Ms Claus might have a chance against such ruthless politicians as Squatch and Loch Nestle?
Me thinks you are entering the race just to get dunked in the fondue pot of CB--but you must leave the pet rat behind.

ps. I hired a psychiatrist on retainer but she mysteriously resigned after perusing this thread.
Go figure!

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Absolutely no one can match the promise of a free lifetime supply of organic fertilizer from Squatch's bull farm. :)

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Sansai87--I knew it!!!!!!! You are truly a "fair weather friend"

Wellllllllllllllllllll now, where would YOU rather be this time of year...........in a political race, or a soooothing tub of chocolate..........
Really Vort...you and Squatch are slipping...........

This message was edited Dec 8, 2011 1:46 AM

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

I don't have time to be involved in politics right now, I'm busy working on our new line of fragrance productss, CB Bliss.
Ms. Bear is bankrolling the enterprise. Do you think you could take charge of the bath product line, mjs? LadyBear likes the way you think. k*

Midland City, AL

I’ll vote the Squatch/Nestle ticket. Sure, Mrs. Claus has name recognition, the good will of the voters and a spotless reputation, but what do we REALLY know about her. I’ve known about Mrs. Claus for over 40 years, but I don’t even know the lady’s first name. I suspect she heads up Santa’s Secret Service. We’ve all seen Santa READING the N&N list, but have you ever stopped to think who COMPILES the list. I think I know!
We know Squatch ain’t perfect, but few public figures have been as thoroughly investigated. Think of how many TV programs you’ve seen that delve into every aspect of Sasquatch life. Now, consider how many investigations there have been into Mrs. Claus. I haven’t seen a single show about her on the Discovery channel. Before you vote, you might want to stop and ask yourself why that might be.
We are talking about a woman who hangs out all year with Abominable Snow Monsters, the black sheep of Squatch’s family. And, they don’t seem to give her any trouble. Why is that? What’s she got on them? I say someone with such a wholesome, squeaky clean reputation has to be compensating. (Jim)

This message was edited Dec 7, 2011 11:30 PM

Columbus, OH

I see bumper stickers in our future. lol

(Debra) Garland, TX

Y'all give me some ideas of what you would like to see on bumper stickers. I can design and post here. Whatever ones are chosen by Squatch and Mrs. Claus, I can get printed at cost and mailed. My Christmas present to the two campaigns. :-)

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Great idea----put me down for 4 when they are designed.
Sorry mjs--Ol Dodge just needs to withdraw from the race.
Mrs. Clause stands no chance so it looks like Squatch is a shoe in.

(Debra) Garland, TX

What would Squatch like to see on his?

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Squatch sez--a photo of the handsome devil and the words "Sasquatch for Prez"

Columbus, OH

"Yes We Can..dy"

Midland City, AL

I thought anyone reading this thread was already getting a free supply of fertilizer from Squatch's bull Farm?
Seacane just discovered that with a can of "Stop Leak" in the radiator, a little duct tape and some CB sprinkled in the gas tank, his old Dodge Dakota has, at least, another 2 years in her. Squatch shouldn't count on the votes of anyone who owns an old Dodge, VORT. ~N~

(Debra) Garland, TX

Okee, been away for a couple of days, but will try to get some drafts to you tomorrow.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL ~N~ (DOES THAT STAND FOR "Nazi"? ) ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!!!

I'll have you know that I bought a 1975 Dodge truck new and drove it for 25 years.

Until Squatch ate it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.