Brugmansias keep coming in November.

Merino, Australia

Heres a start with my very first double white brug. My Portland Knightii....
Not the best photo but I am waiting for more to open.

We came from here..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1230020/#top

Jean.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2011 1:01 PM

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Clifton Springs, Australia

Beautiful Jean, I could smell that lovely Knightii perfume as soon as I opened the pic...

Colleen, what have you been doing to your Knightii?...it should have flowered by now....did you say something nasty to it...lol

Here is Pink Panther this morning....

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Awww isn't Knightii a lovely thing ...I love her too !
To see your first double bloom is quite something isn't it ?
What a thrill and congratulations !
I was able to get some work done outside this morning, much kinder temperatures, whew, muggy but cooler only about 24C right now.

I think Pink Panther is just wonderful don't you Dianne ?
I suspect she will be the parent of lots of beauties in the future.
If I only had a choice of 10 singles to take with me ...she would defiantly be one.

Merino, Australia

Hmmmmm, one of you better come down and talk to PP.
Maybe I offended the darn thing by classing it as him instead of her . Oh well., he / she is on the veranda now with a small ( knightii ? ) I found languishing way at the back of all the brugs. I must have bought it on eBay ages ago.
Jean.

I don't think that Pink Panther would mind Jean, I don't think of mine as male or female...just that Pink Panther..dead ant ..dead ant..dead ant ...dead ant.....where's Clouseau?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhHwnrlZRus Not the original but still good.

Yes Chrissy, it will always be on my list....

This message was edited Nov 21, 2011 5:46 PM

Love it Dianne ... ^_^

The pink ones are little ladies to me, and the yellows and oranges are the boys, the white ones are purely spiritual, it feels really weird when one of my ladies is a daddy and a fella is a mummy lol and visa versa.
Guess I grew up in the era of pink for girls and blue for boys (and since we have no blue Brugs ) I recall that the yellow was for before you knew what the baby would be, as a result my baby was in a lot of yellow for the first year of his life. Hence yellow for boys if that makes sense.

Croydon, Australia(Zone 9a)

LOL chrissy...... funny funny have you thought that the boys wanna be girls & the girls wanna be boys>>>> so really we are all confussed

just got in from out doors been pollinating the heck out of all my Plants using 'Dr Suess'(Seuss) as the daddy got him involved with about 6 other plants hope some come throu for me...

i have breed aurea form with about 5 other plants including 'Dwarf Pink & Green' & 'Dr Suess'

Hi Shaun ...I am so thrilled to find this little one putting out it's strange little leaves, looking very happy.

Thumbnail by

Here are a few pic's from 2day
B.suaveolens x.aurea 'White Ruff'

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 9:42 PM

Thumbnail by SolMan

cestrum your cuttings have all gone nuts too ...double pinks all looking good.
I think the slightly friendlier temps are helping a lot . Thanks a bunch ! ^_^ seeds popping ...it's finally all happening.

Thumbnail by

B.suaveolens x.aurea 'White Ruff'

Chrissy glad to hear that the cuttings are showing life

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 9:43 PM

Thumbnail by SolMan

They look a lot like one of my Star Dancer Seedlings ...very nice.
A wider more frilly face than the Suaveolens.

B.'Dwarf Pink & Gren'

Thumbnail by SolMan

B.'Dr Suess'

Thumbnail by SolMan

B.'Dr Suess'

i have a number of seeds popping also they were from L.Hiller Thank you

Thumbnail by SolMan
barmera, Australia

They're all looking good Shaun. The dwarf Pink & Green is lovely. Colleen

I like the narrow tube on the Dr S.
I don't recognize it as the named Dr S.
and I have seen it called something else up North.
I think it is quite different to what we are used to, does it's tendrils ever sit up ?

http://www.sacredgardenfrangipanis.com/angels-trumpets/02-angels_trumpets.php
As you see here it is called G's K which it is not.
A very interesting shape though.

chrissy this is correct i saw it there also thats why i was getting confussed
the tendrils stay either vertical or just slightly hang, they sont sit up

this is the 1 i got Alistair Hays to ID 4 me and you have cuttings of it also

I have had it over 10years and never gave any away till i meet you guys and i have been willing to trade it off

i have not seen it in any other site in Australia other then sacred gardens

Ok, like I said if Alistair says it is the good Dr S then that is what it is.
Great info ...must have come into the Country somehow, maybe before customs were not quite as strict. I know lots of bits of grape vines and figs came into Australia hidden away by migrants fearful they would not be available in the country of Fish and chips and meat pies lol.

Chrissy, as you stated in Dmail, about labeling crosses
i have done just that & the seed i send has details that you will also need
Thanks for the help & also for taking some seed and growing them out
Shaun

Shaun, love the pics of Dr Seuss especially the shot showing the plant near the fence...
The flowers look as if they could drop off and walk away.....
Love the shape and the down turned corolla teeth.

The Dwarf Pink and Green....where does the dwarf come in....is it a little plant? or little flowers?
You have a very interesting collection...
Here is Bruce's Pink again.
Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Small bloom equals Aurea Dianne ...it's a small pink.
Love Bruce's Pink.
Cool wet morning here ...lovely !

Chrissy, I knew that SP had recommended it for tub growing, but those recommendations don't mean diddly squat...
I was wondering how tall Shaun's actual plant was....if it was really was a smaller growing variety...
For the price he is charging it would need to be...

I've always liked "Jacayna" it has a similar colouring....
Going outside to pot up a few of last year's babies now...
I only have your Apricot versi x to flower now and that would be a flower from each of the crosses that you gave me back in December '09...
The sibling of the Sugar Pink x Zabaglione has flipped over into the flowering position..so that won't be long now....though it's cold here today...
Dianne

Finally a chance to sit down ...it's still showering out there, I managed to get a few things done before people came looking for hubby, I hate it when he has to go out because I have to take over the phones and look after his customers until he comes back. Between that and looking after my brother, the day has just gone.

Dianne the note I received from Shaun states that the Dwarf Pink and Green is 3-4 mtrs tall.
It is a parent to Meroo Pink .

I am so looking forward to everyone's babies ^_^

Dianne, the 'Dwarf pink & green' = small flower and not a small plant
if your looking for a small plant your best to look at my B.aurea (form) which grows to no more then 5 feet tall
i love this little plant as i have it in a garbage bin LOL not cos it's trash but it was the only pot i had at the time
S

For those who haven't checked "Dwarf pink and green" is an Australian cultivar registered by SP....no parentage given... Aurea x unk......and Alistair used the cross of Dwarf Pink and Green x Ecuador Pink to produce Meroo Pink.
Now you need a bit of Meroo Pink, Shaun.......to cross with your Dwarf Pink and Green... ¦~)

I've just finished putting the labels from BGI on to the taller seedlings...I used the blank side as there isn't enough room on the front..
They will certainly save me referring to my book every time I want to know the cross of a particular plant..up to now I've been using a numbering system, which keeps me from mixing them up, but there are so many crosses now, I can't remember which cross the numbers
refer to.
Dianne.

Just curious about the name Shaun......
Glad that you love your little POT plant...

do you have the link to Meroo Pink or the Australian Registry ??????
Dianne that was no problem i ask Q all the time LOL

dose any one have Maroo Pink>>?????

I don't know who has Meroo Pink, Shaun....It doesn't come up in conversation very much...some one will though..

This is the American Brugmansia and Datura site...it is ideal for looking up registered brugmansia names.http://www.abads.org/abads/Registry/namelist/

This is ABADS site with a link to their new organization ibrugs...http://www.abads.org/abads/

Direct to ibrugs....http://ibrugs.com/

You will have to cut and paste these Shaun as they haven't highlighted....

This message was edited Nov 22, 2011 7:00 PM

Here is an interesting thread ...I do believe some folk we know are in there, well there is a picture of Meroo Pink ^_^ in there since you were looking for it.
http://www.ozgrow.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=6a1bceb15af16d1b2b6997071c18b6fc&topic=5933.25

http://www.brugmansia.us/cultivars/cultivardatabase.html/_/cultivarnames/

just type in Meroo Pink and it will take you into the section that gives you the details.

thank you for that info, so it seems tha B'Dwarf Pink & Green' is an aurea?????

ill be crossing B'Dwarf Pink & Green' with every pink variety that i can get my hands on & see what comes of it????

Lucas the seeds you sent to me have shown there Cotyledons and i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happpppppppppppy to see they made it
i also have roots on 2 other cuttings from Wayne Carter also thanks

This message was edited Nov 22, 2011 10:09 PM

Merino, Australia

Heres a view under my Portland knightii to see the second skirt.
Looking lovely this morning and the other smaller plant is opening to be exactly the same so I will call it GoldHills knightii because its a Queenslander. and I need to remember which is which.
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

I took a couple of pics of ButterBomb this morning. The lighter one is taken with the camera on automatic , the brighter one is the foliage setting.
I must read more of the instruction book to see how to get the colors more natural . They seem to be always a bit paler then normal. The bright yellow one is much closer to the true color.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Here is a good example of 'Dwarf Pink & Green'

Thumbnail by SolMan

Dr Suess doing his thing

Thumbnail by SolMan

color change in Dr Seuss

Thumbnail by SolMan

Does Dr Seuss have a nice fragrance ?

Jean your Knightii is lovely could you smell the Hyacinth/Violet sort of perfume ?

It's raining here and quite cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.