November weather - Turkeys Beware!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lets think positive for nice weather in November & rain for us that are rather dry.

(Zone 7a)

We have lots of rain and I'm willing to share. ^_^

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I have a special weather statement:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Mid 70s for a high today and sunny. Tomorrow, alot colder with rain and possibly snow.

Here I am!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Sprinkles today. still too warm for snow which is fine. It will be here soon enough.

So far Norma is the only kitten spoken for. Looking for homes for the boys. Although I wouldn't mind keeping "twofi" (25). He's a snuggle bunny and loves his "grandpa".

mid 40's tomorrow. 24 days until thanksgiving. Man this year flew by!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Cute costume Amanda! Kittens are sooooo cute minn.!

Hope everyone had a good day. It was really pretty here, unfortunately we had to run errands and go grocery shopping, so didn't get to spend it in the garden.

We are supposed to get another cold front and rain on Thursday.

Take care,
Jeanne

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

60°/57° A few showers early becoming a steady rain for the afternoon. NW winds at 5 to 10 mph, increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Celia,
I'd love to get your rain and I just might today!! It's looking good!

Bernie,
Those are good thoughts and have been the cry all summer for some. Yes, we need to put fall to bed, wet.

Rusty,
Yayyy, Iowa is covered in little raindrops on the map :o)

Look at that jet stream!

PEPPER!
You look AWESOME!! The gown is a perfect fit too :o)

Minnesippi,
It won't be too hard to find homes for the boys, and I sure would want to keep the snuggler. Besides, we need to see one of them grow up!

Funny how just entering November makes everyone panic because it's almost Thanksgiving. I know why. Because we neglected our house all summer and now we have to clean. I started dusting yesyterday, LOL!

Jeanne,
I hate wasting a good day, but sometimes the errands are more pleasant in good weather. Especially if you have things to carry into the house. I get cat litter ahead for that reason alone! That and being out once. Never again!

Yesterday was breezy, sunny and beautiful. I washed windows and cut back the peonies in the cat's fenced in yard. They can't hide under them now that they fell over. I did leave the ironweed stalks. I worry about hoot owls swooping down in the dark, and they need a place to hide and watch the birds and squirrels. Today we have a change in the weather. The balmy air now, will quickly drop with the rain moving in. Finally, a real rain!

(Zone 7a)

We got .41" of rain with a bit of snow mixed in just for fun. The sun is shining today but a bigger storm is coming tomorrow and maybe through the weekend with more snow. Yuck.

30º now and sunny, no wind. This will give me a chance to get more clean-up done outside.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous weather here today, but supposed to be in the low forties Friday morning.

May get some rain tomorrow.

Cleaning......shoot, I need to clean everywhere. I need to totally reorganize my kitchen before Thanksgiving. Wish me luck.

Jeanne

(Zone 7a)

I need to do that, too. Good luck!!!

RAIN!!!!!!! Not a measly drizzle either but a nice steady and at times hard rain. Snow on other side of system and will get 1-2 inches in the grassy areas.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I got RAINING now oh goody but will be down to 38 tonight...

This message was edited Nov 2, 2011 7:54 PM

It will get a little colder here. About 32 for our low.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are looking for 25º overnight.
We drained all of our water system in the garden & to the out buildings.
Almost winter in MN!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40°/53° Cloudy and windy with rain this morning... then becoming partly cloudy. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Celia,
Two beautiful girls!!

Jeanne,
Luck to you, luck to me, luck to all of us :o)

Pepper,
You and me both!
DH's Granddad was a Smithy. I think it's pretty cool to see how they did things.

Bernie,
Chores done here too. It's time to batten down.

The rain and the wind sounded soooo good yesterday. I feel very snug today :o)

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It now Rain 39° RealFeel® 24° ...

Still wet on ground and past few days ago that they working on the street to ripping off the old road and put 3 times layer on road! That on front of the driveway is 1 inches (don't want to damage to my van's rim.)... So 2 days ago they put 1 last layer on the road then yesterday got good raining around before 5 pm...
I am waiting for the paint on road what they planning...

JuJu's birthday today and she is 2 yrs. old...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 7a)

Ohhhh...Happy Birthday, JuJu!!!

33º and sunny. We have snow coming later this week. DH took the day off so we can get some things done before it does.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I gonna have like freeze warning:

Cold, wet and blustery today.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It now:

Clear 34° RealFeel® 39°

Yesterday, it was so winding and cold brrrr...

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

27 chilly degrees this AM...BAH!

God block and brick from my daddy. Have to get it out of the van and find it a home for the winter. One more load to pick up. They are filling in their pool and have to "alter" the route to the back yard for the workers. Mom was pulling out gardens yesterday - clipped the last of the Culver's Root seed heads off - showered myself in the process with seed. Lol. If I had the energy, I would take more from her but I just dont. I still have a few plants to throw in the dirt this weekend. One last deep water, one more mow and one more big rake. Feel the snow comin in my bones.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow looks like winter is officially here for many...you must take pictures of the snow if you all get any. I'm glad everyone at least got some good welcomed rain.

Guess the cold front coming through here because a slight chance of rain today and only up to 73, tonight low is predicted to go down to 52°.

Big plant show in Mt. Dora on Saturday, so low seventies will feel good. I'll do my best to just look and not buy. ☺

Ju Ju is cute...I miss my dog, she'll be gone two years the 13th of this month, we had her since pup and she was 13 when she died.

Went for a nice long hike yesterday in Wekiwa Springs state park...all the wildflowers going to seed now, but there were still a few liatris here and there and still some butterflies fluttering around, lots of bees. Pretty grasses blowing in the breeze...

Thumbnail by sunkissed
(Zone 7a)

We will definitely take snow pics for you, Sunkissed. LOL There will be plenty to go around.

We may or may not get snow this afternoon/evening. Rain for sure. 43º now.

Mid 50s for a high and sunny. Tomorrow we will be in the 60s.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Snow always looks better in pictures, haha! Would love to see them as long as they are not here!

It was only 37 at 7 am but finally warmed up to 71 this afternoon. Supposed to be 46 in the am again. Covered the plants. Will have to take the house plants and tropicals into the gazebo and hang the plastic before long. They stay nice and cozy there.

The patio and canvas enclosure just did not work last year. The canvas kept the heat out in the day, so no heat built up for the night. Oh well, a good science lesson learned at a cost of $84+ dollars!

The grandchildren's high school football team were undefeated until tonight. They lost 35 to 28. At least it was close and they are both going to playoffs.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jeanne

High in the 60s yesterday and today. Rain on the way tonight and will stick around for a few days.

Thom Holt working on a painting at Heritage Days.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

36°/59° Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday morning I got up to feed the cats, but we only had one cat. After searching the whole house we saw that Zoe had slipped out on the side porch and then outside when DH was checking a water dish.
It was the fenced in area we put up for them. But, DH locked the door behind him and the cats hook their claws in it to bang it when they want in. We saw where he had made it to the top, bent the fence a bit and went over.

We looked all over in the dark with flashlights and went back out after the sun was up. No cat any where. All day we looked off and on. Needless to say, I took the fence down that afternoon and we won't be letting them all the way outside again.

That night, DD needed us to come to the emergency room to get three of the kids. #2 had a swelling on his neck under his ear and since her DH gets off after the Dr. office closes, they have to use the E. Room. He turned out to have strep throat and didn't need it surgically lanced.

We got home around midnight. I went ahead and called for the cat. Came in and checked the sideporch door...and there he was. He must have just come over to be let in. He was pretty quiet and subdued for a day and now he's getting back in they rhythm of things. I think he felt he lost his place and isn't as agressive towards Petey as before.

It was a very long day and he was gone close to 24 hours.

Yesterday we went to the church auction and had so much fun. The auctioneer is DH
d Uncle in Law and ah and the other guy are soo funny when they quip about things and people to try and get them to bid. We got kidded a lot to bid on a pork loin, and we did. Then he used the loin as a reason to buy other things and the whole hall was rocking with laughter.

There is also a very funny older woman and she got the most laughs because she wanted to buy a scarecrow that was in the corner. It was a church decoration, but they got it out and bids were placed. She got it and we all had a good time over that.

Earlier she had a question about the game tickets being auctioned. Meanwhile the bids were going off all around her, the auctioneer was making remarks and we were all cracking up again. She's a wonderful lady!!

So it went from heart ache to heart happy over the weekend.

Happy Bithday JuJU. You're a beautiful girl!

Well, I read but the morning is going fast. I have to gather garbage and recycling and set them out this morning.

I sure missed you guys tho!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

And here I was going to offer you a kitten ;) (Not that I would like to hear you'd lost one...but I have a few extra :) )

Cold, drabby and raining here. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow also. We need the rain so no complaints here.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Minnesippi,
LOL! A kittten would have helped the tears, but I am so glad to have the big boy back!

Pepper, I woke up to the promised rain and I am so happy. I hope there's a brake because we vote for our city council members today and for once we have 7 to chose from and need to vote 6 with a new mayer.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Got pour soaking raining and lightning...Then I felt earthquake rumble my bed! And the new said " Earthquake hit in OK at 9 pm" So, I knew it and oh boy! I know I was living in Southern Calif few years back...

Right now it still raining and lightning will be later on...

Last nite, My dogs got very scared and sit by my bed and whine! and power was off at 4:22 am it been like almost 30 minutes and I just woke up at 530 am...

Everything is okay...

Warning Flooding:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/MO/088.html#WAT

This message was edited Nov 8, 2011 6:45 AM

64°/79° Sunny...We had some off and on light showers and cooler weather over the weekend due to a low off the Atlantic side of FL. Was nice for the garden. Yesterday was beautiful...but a sad thing, we had to chop down our twenty year old orange tree. We got one grocery bag of oranges and it is my last ever crop. They are still sweet but a tinge of sour to them. I hate losing that tree, but we tried everything for the past two years, even had an expert come out and take a look...it was not going to make it. DH is going to put a patio in with pavers and make us a permanent fire pit where the tree was. It is really a large area the tree took up. So strange to not have it there anymore.

Billy that is scary to have a cat get out. Our Oreo has escaped twice because someone didn't shut our door all the way. We were out with flashlights and searching...luckily both times he came right back home after an hour or so. I can't imagine 24 hours....your cat knows where home is and that is good.

Rusty I looked at your weather...looks like some heavy stuff to deal with today. An earthquake...wow...I also lived in So. Cal growing up and been through some bad ones.

Texasgal...you sound like me dragging in all the tropicals when the temps start dipping. I have a patio with windows, the vinyl kind so we run a heater out there and they still get light. I can open the windows when it warms back up also. Brings in lizards and other things...the cats have a heyday chasing them. I hope we don't get down that low for a bit...so far low 50's been our coldest night temps.

kwanjin, did you ever get snow???

Well we're off to buy pavers for our little patio...here is a picture of my Mexican sunflowers way up there in the sky...plant is over twenty foot up, so all I can do is take pictures of the bottom of the flowers. They will bloom until it freezes...and it always freezes to the ground.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Freezing Warning tonight:

Sunny, windy and highs in low 50s today. Temps could get down to 20s tonight.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I lost my post!! I'm too far behind to repeat everything, GRRR!

Have a great day everyone!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

35°/42° Sunny. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Yesterday morning we had snow mixed with rain, then just the snow. I held each baby up to the window to see it :o)

(Zone 7a)

Did they ask, "What's that, Grandma?" LOL

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Clear
Temperature
34.8 °F
Feels Like 30 °F
Wind(mph)

Yesterday, Went to new grand re-opening Walmart today and it's so neat one not like old just more different and I look 'wow' that is long store... I just love this fresh new store!

get free tote bags, some else free samples and free ice cream... Parking lot so full! I has fun with my step-son's families...

Sunshine, some wind and chilly temps. Typical November here. lol.

Will get some fresh pics when I have something worth taking pics of. Maybe hockey. :~p. Going to game tomorrow night. lol

46 this morning, should climb to 73° today...sunny. Taking my Ma to the craft show this morning, gonna be a cold start. By tomorrow back up to 81°...yeah...it is hard to get up when this cold...had to close the windows during the night. House is 62, cats were all snuggled up with us last night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.