AR Christmas Luncheon December 3

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You have dmail...

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I love to enjoy and look at all the decorating other folks do!!! Can't wait to see all your decorations! Got my door prize in the bag and all ready!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I still have to get my door prize--decided the one I had just won't do this time around. :o~ I'm looking forward to seeing your decorations, Kim. Your house is always decorated so pretty at Christmas!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Your really putting me int he christmas spirit Kim. After seeing your house this saturday, I will definitely come home and want to put up my tree ;0)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I may even get my Santa's and Angels out!!!

Hahahaha Well, after I tell you how many hours it took me to decorate everything, you may decide to leave it be ;o))

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's why I don't put up a tree any more!!!!!LOL If someone would get all my boxes out of the attic for me and repack them all and put them back up in the attic for me, I would decorate like crazy. I love to do the decorating - it's dealing with all the unpacking and repacking that I can't handle with any more. Also I used to put up a lot of the things I have sitting around to make room for Christmas stuff and it would usually take me until the following Christmas to figure out where I had stashed it all!!!LOL I'm just going to enjoy your decorations!!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

We moved amber back home today, house is a wreck, can't even think of christmas decorations right now lol

Oh no, what happened?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I think she was planning to move back and probably just now moved - first of the month coming up. I think her roommate was moving out for some reason.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Right, her roommate didn't want to room together, and had already moved back home, she started back to school and her work hrs were cut way back so she couldn't afford the apartment any more. so Amber just decided to move back home for a while and try to get some of her school loans paid off before moving back out onto her own again. I lost my sewing room boohoo lol my bedroom is over crowded now but that's ok.

They both had to be out by the first of the month.

OIC

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Wow, I actually knew what that meant. rofl. most times that goes over my head ha ha.

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Well you could always do like my Granny did. She had a 4ft tree that she kept decorated. Then when it was time to put it away she put a garbage bag over it and stuck it in the shed. Next year when it was time she just pulled her little tree out, pulled off the garbage bag, arranged any ornaments that went astray and viola! Easy peasy, lol. I miss my Granny. She was a hoot.

Oh yeah. I will make some garlic butter crescent rolls with cheddar cheese and bacon....yummo!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I put up my tree yesterday but had one strand of 3 different garlands, so I put them all on, they're only 9ft in length each, and figured out which one I like best and just got back to work from Garden Ridge with more. I'll finish decorating it tonight, it's a 6ft tree.

LOL that's exactly what my granny used to do Sheila! It was awesome. OMG that sounds heavenly!!! The green beans have turned into a green bean casserole. Hope that's ok with everyone.

LOL I can just picture your granny(s) getting the tree out each year...

Yummy, Sheila. I will add those to list.

Crissy, I LOVE green bean casserole...I know it is green but I still love it!

My friend, Holly, is bringing warm apple cider for pre-party...which means, when you first arrive. I will have all kinds of drinks (Coke and diet, Dr. Pepper and diet, etc) and will also have tea...and coffee for dessert if anyone wants.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

What a feast we're going to have!!!! I'm saving up! I may not eat Friday!!!LOL Do you believe that!

I've heard of people wrapping up their trees and storing them put never actually known anyone that did.

LOL I wish I could go without eating, but alas, I cannot. I think my entire middle section is nothing but stomach, I can eat at all times and lots of it!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Only 3 more days till we get to see one another again! O happy day! I'm jumping from one foot to the other in anticipation! ROFL!!
Tommie and I won't be riding together after all since I will be going on down to Benton after our get-together on Saturday. She will be driving down Hwy 7 to Russellville and then over to Kim's on I-40. It is closer for her that way. I, of course, will be driving down Hwy 65 and will pick up the freeway at Conway. Aren't you glad you have our itineraries? LOL

Kim, I have decided not to make the Lemon Blossoms. I am going to make pumpkin muffins instead if that is okay with you.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

What time are we suppose to be there?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

10 a.m. which means I will have to leave at about 7 a.m.!!!!! (but y'all are worth it).

P.S. I just noticed that "somebody" hasn't changed the time here back to Standard Time. It's showing an hour later than it really is. Just sayin' :p

This message was edited Nov 30, 2011 7:38 AM

That's fine, Marilyn. Holly has decided not to make apple cider because it is going to be warm Saturday. I will tell her she can make lemon blossoms...after all, I got the recipe from her! LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok, I am almost afraid to say this "out loud" but I think I am going to be able to make it and Jessica is planning to attend as well if that is ok. I have no idea what you want or need me to bring, so just let me know. I am also not sure I remember how to get there so I would appreciate a reminder on the directions.

Doubt I am there by 10 - we seem to be getting later and later getting to Alex's on Saturday's but I will have to swing by there first and help Leigh unload all the tools before I head to NLR.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Genna

Yippee! I am sorry but Jessica will have to sit outside LOL Of course it is okay!! What to bring...well, if you want to bring a dish, look at first post and you can see what others are bringing. Even if you don't bring anything, I am certain there will be plenty of food...always is! If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a 20 dollar door prize. I will dmail you directions.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I just got a call from my Daughter & Family... this coming Saturday will be the only chance they have to visit before Christmas-- so I am going to have to take a rain check :( I will be tickled as always to see them-- but sure hate to miss the party. Ya'll have fun!!! KA I will mail you the brugs next week.

Awwww...well, I hate that you will miss it too, but family is more important!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh poo, I was really hoping to meet you, but family is more important, so you have a great time and we'll be thinking of you!

I picked up my door prize today, and stuff to make a green bean casserole! I can't wait!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

We'll miss you Tommie. You don't have to ship those brugs, it's not really a big deal. we'll see each other again. I can get them then.

Ripley, MS

Well, you all know how jealous I am reading about all this fun. Some of you will have to eat some of everything for me!
Give each other a hug for me and know I would love to be with you, make lots of pictures and let us see Kim's beautiful home all decorated.
Love to all

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

We're gonna miss you Sandra. I hope your doing ok. I made a cheeesecake last night for Saturday, Danny's bringing it to the deer camp today cause we're going in seperate vehichles this time. I don't want to have to store it in an icechest all day so he'll get it and bring it to camp, he's been warned to stay out of it, and everybody is upset cause I didnt' make 2. hey I barely had time to make one. I'm baking the hashbrown casserole at your house kim. I figured the cheese cake would only get better in a day's time ;0) if i can keep everybody out of it.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok, Kim disregard my reply to the dmail about what to bring because I read it before this..... :)

What do ya'll want me to bring? I can do pies? or might even make some Christmas candy tonight depending on what all is going on this evening................ but what would ya'll prefer? do we need baked beans since we have green beans? Just tell me what ya'll want me to bring..........

Oh, and edited to add that I am in the doghouse, but Jessica is not going to be able to come! We forgot about this when she checked with me about her work schedule and she is working tomorrow.... she was upset with me when she realized she wasn't going to be able to go!

This message was edited Dec 2, 2011 8:25 AM

Sandra, I so wish all of the rest of the gang could make it, but I know how busy everyone is or broken or just broke ;o)) Y'all will truly be missed! We will eat enough for everyone...well, at least, I will!

I better spruce up my house if y'all are gonna take lots of pictures. LOL

KA, you may have a slice of cheesecake left to take to Danny...maybe...

Gen, I read your dmail before I read this thread. But what I said still stands, bring what is easiest for you!

I can hardly wait until tomorrow!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok, everyone.....any suggestions? I can do a French Coconut Pie, Derby Pie, Chess pie? any of those sound good? or Christmas candy? or veggies of some type??

It might be close to noon before I can get there, we are on line here at the plant and I will have to come to work and do lab in the morning before we can leave. I am not a morning person so not sure how early I will get to the plant. It will take me about an hour to come in and do lab and get back home so I know it will delay our leaving some............ will be there as soon as I can!

Genna

My suggestion is to make dessert or candy. We will be eating around 11 to 11:30 and if will not get here until at least noon, we will ready for something sweet ;o))

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm ready!!!! Letting my cream cheese soften for the grape salad. I've gathered up all the other stuff and need to take and will be ready to leave tomorrow am!!

Ripley, MS

I am broke for sure, went today and finished up my Christmas shopping, got it all bagged up. I stir have a couple of orders that haven't gotten here yet, but other Thames making up candy bags for the grands--I am finished!
My arm is still hurting, something in there will pop every once in a while and it hurts so bad when it does that. This is still the side that was not broken. I have overused it today and my whole hand is spasming tonight.
Have lots of fun!

Ouch, Sandra, I hope you can rest today!

Ham going in oven. Will see y'all in a little while!! I am so excited!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Good morning..... have a platter of Christmas Candy and a French Coconut pie....didn't realize you were planning to eat around 11 so guess I better get the move on and get all my stuff done so I can get on the road earlier than I had planned. I was trying to be at your house around 11:15 - 11:30, but I figure I will have a delay helping Leigh get started at Alex's and unloading everything so I better pick up the pace. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Seems like forever!!

There will be plenty of food left, even if you don't get here until noon ;o]]

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Have fun everyone!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.