AR Christmas Luncheon December 3

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I do have some dark yellow. Will bring you some Tommy.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey, KA, how many flavors of lip balm do you have?

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

I would like some brug cuttings please.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Will bring some for you.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If you can bring cuttings of NOL that would be wonderful, I think i'll live if I don't get any, if either one of you want to bring some. that would be great. I'll take a wild & crazy just for it's name sake lol I love yellow brugs too.

I have all flavors of the lipbalms right now I think

peppermint ice
rosemary mint
butterscotch
strawberry
grape
pinacolada

I'm very low on the body melts but going to make some soon. have to make soap soon also.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Will do!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Will bring you Wild and Crazy Kathy Ann.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Does anyone want baby adeniums? I went a little overboard on seed sowing--they look like little radish forests-- the thought of potting them all up individually is daunting

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/123120/

Tommie, is this what you are referring to as adenium? I am not familiar with the plant so went searching for it.............. not sure if I have the right thing.....

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

yeah very similar-- but thumb sized. I actually think these are Adenium obesum cultivars. I bought a lot of hybrid seed from thailand, supposed to be exotic looking flowers. Then, someone in the know told me that it was most likely a scam and they would probably turn out to be generic species. Even so they have cute little fat bottoms already-- I just don't need all of them--and I am pretty sure they aren't going to be "special" --why? I think every single seed germinated--surely if they were "special" they would/should have been more finicky? I am not exagerating when I say I probably have 100--at least. These are a year old now, and once potted up, and loved, they should bloom this summer.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok, I would be willing to try one! Know NOTHING about them - and obviously it is a house plant - so not sure it will like my house because I do not have a lot of sun due to porches on both sides on the house..... but the blooms look cute and I am willing to try it. I have a BAD reputation for killing houseplants..... but, MAYBE these will like me! :)

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

I take some of your baby adeniums. I love the bulbous base, and the flowers are cute even generic. =)

KA, would you please bring me 4 of each flavor? If you don't have 4 of each, just bring a variety of 24.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have plenty to bring you that. Charlotte, you mentioned herbal scents. I'll come up with a list and see if that works for you.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK sounds good! Don't want to run out of soap!!!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I have some Pink Velvet Brugs I can bring if anyone wants one.

I want to try one of those Wild and Crazies if you don't mind.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just got back from deer camp a few hrs ago, I spent a couple hrs of that looking for the lotion recipe that I made last year, I think the lord was looking out for me cause I never found the recipe and he knew I wouldn't make the lotion again if I didn't find that recipe. he hid it very well. lol For a brief in sane moment I was actually thinking about a temporary come back for the lotions for christmas. good thing The lord was looking out for me. I'm going to hav e to take the week of f night time exercise this week just to get the sewing done for the shop. Got about 25 to 30 letter jackets to sew patches on and one club right now at the house. 4 more clubs at the shop. and a wedding dress laying in my living room floor that i'm trying to alter for a pregnant girl. LORD help me. The weekend off only made it pile up worse. I 'm babbling on now.

I'm really glad I couldn't find the lotion recipe. as I need to make soap right now, Just hope it holds out for a little while longer.

I need to go sew but I'm just gonna sit down in front of the TV and worry about sewing tomorrow.

On a brighter note. I didn't cook at all this weekend. and I'm not cooking all week, cause Danny's at deer camp most of the week. I can live off ramen noodles if I have to.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes he was looking out for you!!! Don't spread yourself too thin and get stressed!! I know how easy it is to take on all the projects - I'm the same way!!LOL
When I was single I lived on stir fry. I'd just cut up some chicken add a bunch of fresh vegetables, some seasoning and cook it all together. I could eat like that every night and doesn't take but a few minutes to do.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that is a little better for me than ramen noodles lol It's too late on the stressed part though.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Got my door prize!!! I want it! Even got a gift bag tonight!!

Wow! You are on the ball! I have door prize but no bag. I kinda want mine, too ;o) 2 weeks until food, fun and presents!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I will bring a dessert ^_^

Great! I will put you down for dessert...

KA, would you please add 12 lip balms to my order? Brings my total to 36...6 of each kind.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm usually scrounging around at the last minute trying to find something to put my door prize in and it never looks very pretty!! I was shopping for wrapping paper for Sarah's birthday gift and remembered to get a bag!!! One that might actually fit!

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

I got my present, and guess what, I want mine too, lol. That's how I figure it will be liked by person who gets it. I still want to get a few little somethings to add to it though. I am getting excited because it is right around the corner. Yay!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I have a door prize that I bought to take to Kenny's and Jim's RU but then I forget it and had to buy another one. LOL But since we have upped the amount we can spend, I think I will go get another one.

Let's see, today is the 19th so we just have two more weeks! Hooray!! Wait---Kim just said that!! LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, I beat all of ya'll I've had my door prize made for 2 weeks now, and just did the embroidery on it the other day, and bought a nice bag and a ornament to go on to the bag how do you like them apples? I did have to make it down at deer camp to get it made. But oh well. it's made. and You all can have it cause i'm making me another one lol

I'll bring those lip balms to you kim and Charlotte's soap too.

I have an outlet for all my laptop bags and tote bags now, so I guess i'll be making handbags down at deer camp next ;0) Just got back from camp, about to go make a pot of creamy chicken noodle soup. If your thinking my door prize is a hand bag, your guess is wrong. i'm gonna wrap it up tight so nobody peeks either. lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Are you taking your sewing machine to deer camp???

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Of course. lol I have all the comforts of home down there. less distractions also.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

and someone else to cook? (at the deercamp) Sounds like a great deal to me!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes, I'm not the cook , dinner's usually ready when I get there. love that!!

Decorating for Christmas today....after all, I have a luncheon coming up in a week. It must look festive ;o) Can hardly wait until next Saturday!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Did you get a new tree, or was I imagining that you told me that. I got a new tree a couple years ago but I don't like it at all. it's not big enough lol Have fun, I'm looking forward to next saturday!! i can't believe it's only a week away.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The count down is on!!! Can't wait to see your tree and all your decorations! I'm enjoying other peoples trees this year! Don't plan to put one up again this year! Scrooge I know but I don't have to drag it out of the attic and then put it all back in the attic! I will get some of my Santa's and Angels out.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't want to do a tree either, I suppose we will though.

Yes, I bought a 9 foot tree! I love it! I have 500+ ornaments! Takes me at least 48 hours to decorate and then I have other stuff to decorate...but I can barely wait every year!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You still have kids around and I bet they expect a tree even through they are big kids!!! We don't usually get together with Richard's daughter and family until after Christmas so it's OK not to have a tree here. He goes over to there house Christmas day but we don't exchange gifts until I get back from CA. Their choice. I go out to my son's every Christmas. I used to be as bad as Kim about decorating but I finally just wore out from it all! I think a lot of it is I don't have any family around here any more. I was always the one that did the family get togethers and went all out decorating and cooking. After every one died (and my son lives too far away to come) I just haven't felt like going to all that trouble just for us. The Santa's gives the house a festive look without so much trouble. I even have one of those life size Santas that talks! I don't think I'll get him down this year - he's very heavy!

I will eventually get tired of decorating so much. But until I do, I am going to decorate everything...including Jeff, the ducks, etc ;o))

Does anyone need directions/my address/phone numbers or any other info?

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I will ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.